Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 AM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash99 View Post
I wish i knew if she is even a little bit upset.
I would think that is the main reason she blocked you.
It would be too hard to speak to you again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 10:00 AM

80 posts, read 51,872 times
Quick question.

We had final contact on Monday. it is her 38th birthday tomorrow ( Sept 8th)

She gave me a card and presents in August, on my birthday. That was when things were on the wane but not dead.

I really want to post her a card tomorrow, hand delivered. I wont ring the bell, just post the card and leave.

is this a good idea?

579 posts, read 555,281 times
Quote:
"I KNOW that it would have never worked either way though, and it's just the way things had to be."

Wolf - that is the one thought i am using to get over her. She would not have been happy with my childfree life, and i would have not been happy to be a parent.

We would have split anyway had we compromised.

But then when i think about her and how amazing we felt around each other - that is so hard to forget . I wish i knew if she is even a little bit upset.
Well I'm just going to play Devils advocate because there are some things you haven't properly explained..You are saying you wouldn't be happy with a child but you've never had one, so how would you know? Do you not like children? How exactly do you know you wouldn't enjoy being a father?

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
"I KNOW that it would have never worked either way though, and it's just the way things had to be."

Wolf - that is the one thought i am using to get over her. She would not have been happy with my childfree life, and i would have not been happy to be a parent.

But then when i think about her and how amazing we felt around each other - that is so hard to forget . I wish i knew if she is even a little bit upset.
One thing. Are you sure you loved her when you think so lowly of her that you think she's heartless and doesn't care at all about the break-up? You honestly think she's blocked you and is laughing and out partying it up with single friends and other men? You don't seem to think much of her humanity, if your mind first goes to her having no feelings about this.

She probably is upset. She told you she didn't feel she'd love another man the way she loved you. BUT she knows you are both on different pages. So she's doing what has to be done, which is breaking up, and cutting you off. She blocked you probably BECAUSE she cared. She knew she would never get over you or move on if she kept you in her life, and kept up contact. So she's going cold turkey to begin her healing process. Keeping you in her life would only keep things in neutral and going back and forth, thus losing even more time to be meeting a decent man to have children with.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Quick question.

She gave me a card and presents in August, on my birthday. That was when things were on the wane but not dead.

I really want to post her a card tomorrow, hand delivered. I wont ring the bell, just post the card and leave.

is this a good idea?
Negative.

Too early... way too early.

There is no positive that could come out of that.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:08 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
My dad has always been present and caring in my life. We get along great. I only know that he didn't originally want children because my mom told me. Of course, he didn't want any more so that's why I'm an only child.

That's great that he came to value you and be there for you even though he didn't want kids in the beginning. Some people can do that. Lot of horror stories of the opposite though.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
She was more honest than you she told you the truth going in. she was smart to call it a day. Leave her alone now.
Sometimes a guy will be so into a girl that he convinces himself that he might change his mind down the line.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Quick question.

is this a good idea?
Not a good idea. Neither for her or for you. Anything you do like this will just prolong the pain and make it worse for everyone.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 AM

641 posts, read 405,377 times
Quote:

When women end the relationship they tend to move on very quickly and tend to block things out better than men. She'll be trying to find someone right away because the clock is ticking and there's no time for brooding. She'll be on dating sites etc.

She may have only been playing the part of the perfect girlfriend (i.e. soul mate) to get you to wilt on having a child with her. A sperm donor basically as the child you didn't want would take precedence over you the minute it's conceived.

I don't want kids either and if the woman does then the relationship has en expiry date. Forget about soul mates, unless you meet a like minded woman who doesn't want kids either. You're not soul mates because you want fundamentally different things.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
That's great that he came to value you and be there for you even though he didn't want kids in the beginning. Some people can do that. Lot of horror stories of the opposite though.
Yes, it's unfortunate. My dad was only 30 when I was born though, so the OP might be more set in his ways about not wanting children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships