Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 03:53 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,629,486 times

Advertisements

Generally, I think this is a rude behavior. I guess it depends when someone does it. The problem is, some people like to be obsessive and overly dramatic. Ultimately the result is wasted time and needless drama.

I have officially put a girl I went on two dates with on the block list on my phone. I wouldn't have needed to do that though if I simply stopped responding to her after first response after I told her there was no mutual attraction and that I wished her the best. I find it a bit rude on the other parties part to not stop after that type of message was respectfully communicated. So from now on after I communicate this info I will simply be blocking the number.

Fyi we went on the second date with the understanding we'd do it clearly as 'friends" without a romantic involvement. I made that statement in talking with her prior to the date, which involved hiking around a lake talking. I also made it clear to her that I was in a dating stage looking to meet different people.

It probably was a mistake even going on the second date though looking back though. While I was simply enjoying the company of someone and looking to be friendly, she was evolving in her mind apparently into a friends for now with expectation of relationship link which was made clear in texting episodes after the date where I was busy and didn't text her asking how she's been, etc...

So I wake up to diatribe texting lectures on how I don't text enough and am leading her on etc... No thank you. Can't get the message, than just block the number. For those that have been on here for a while, this is the same girl I expressed I wasn't really attracted to that had mentioned she had called the cops on 3 different guys she had met through OLD.

In other news, I was handed an awesome opportunity in real life encounters in EMT class. For lunch a couple of us went out and there happened to be a beautiful 27 yo lady there that wants to be a paramedic flight nurse. We seemed to hit it off pretty good with conversation.

It goes to show how much better it is to meet people in real life encounters. I have no idea how this with transpire. I would love to get to know her more though. Got to keep any expectations low, and just keep things informational and fun. I plan on seeing if she'd like to go out for lunch for next Saturday's class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 04:31 AM

61,623 posts, read 86,956,533 times
I agree that No, should mean No, but some desperate people just dont get it. I am generally very careful with giving too much of personal info (home, work address, social sites, other stuff I would have to block access later) in very early stage of knowing each other, when there is still a lot of uncertainty. And during that stage, if things are not looking promising, I don't mind ghosting if that's the only way to end it.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:07 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,629,486 times
lol. I just realized I wrote to keep things "informational" and fun. I have no idea what that even means. I also see some typos, run on sentences etc..

Here's to writing on CD forums at 2am when you can't get back to sleep.. if I could edit it still I would.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:35 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,339,973 times
I think ghosting is very immature and rude, but also if you've told the person that there's "no spark", "no chemistry", or "Thanks, but no thanks", then they should understand that it's not gonna go any further! OP, you did tell her so and apparently she didn't get the message.

I'm a guy, and if a woman says those things to me, I'd just wish her well, erase her contact info and not see or speak to her again. Why waste time when you can find someone else?

Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,905,499 times
When I was young, no one thought you had to tell someone you weren't interested if you just had a couple dates. If there was nothing, so you just moved on and didn't call. None of this texting daily. Sounds like a pain. So what I'm saying is that "ghosting" as its called today has a long history. If a guy lost interest with a girl after a few dates, he just stopped calling.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:29 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,710,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
When I was young, no one thought you had to tell someone you weren't interested if you just had a couple dates. If there was nothing, so you just moved on and didn't call. None of this texting daily. Sounds like a pain. So what I'm saying is that "ghosting" as its called today has a long history. If a guy lost interest with a girl after a few dates, he just stopped calling.
That how I see it. I typically don't contact if I'm not interested. Of course some women will just not take a hint and you have to end up blocking them out of necessity.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:08 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,339,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
That how I see it. I typically don't contact if I'm not interested. Of course some women will just not take a hint and you have to end up blocking them out of necessity.
I think it's women and men alike who won't take hints. I'm gonna be honest: I made this mistake some years ago with a woman. Took me a little time, but I learned a valuable lesson! If she doesn't contact you, she's not interested. Move on.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:18 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,713,267 times
If a person is obsessive and persistent by nature it doesn't matter whether you ghost them or tell them out right you're not interested.

They'll probably still try to contact you.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:21 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,007 times
You shouldn't have gone out with this person again, at all if you know they are looking for a serious relationship and you aren't interested. I can see how she would wind up thinking you are leading her on. However, I would have appreciated your honesty and let it go. You did the right thing blocking her to avoid any drama.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:48 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,978,053 times
That's not ghosting. You clearly told her nothing would be happening between you going forward. With ghosting, nothing is said; one person simply disappears while the other goes, "Huh?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships