Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 04:48 AM

134 posts, read 191,961 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am 26 year old female from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, I am currently single and feel like I am missing out on having a partner and feels like its too late because I want guys that much older than me and which makes potential partners in my preferred age gap at least 37 and I feel for a guy that much older than me, when it comes to marriage I feel like it will be too late for a fairy tale wedding! I also feel like older man will treat me better and like a barbie doll/princess/something special that's the reason behind wanting an older man too, I can't find any men out there? any help? tips and suggestion greatly appreciated! Stories of experience also recommended! Im at a loss, needs advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 05:24 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
Wasn't aware of any monarchy in Oz.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:31 AM

134 posts, read 191,961 times
We have a constitutional monarchy technically! Our head of State is Queen Elizabeth II of UK!

Old 09-11-2016, 05:55 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej210390 View Post
Hi, I am 26 year old female from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, I am currently single and feel like I am missing out on having a partner and feels like its too late because I want guys that much older than me and which makes potential partners in my preferred age gap at least 37 and I feel for a guy that much older than me, when it comes to marriage I feel like it will be too late for a fairy tale wedding! I also feel like older man will treat me better and like a barbie doll/princess/something special that's the reason behind wanting an older man too, I can't find any men out there? any help? tips and suggestion greatly appreciated! Stories of experience also recommended! Im at a loss, needs advice!
You can't find the interest of a man 10 to 20 years older than you? Well besides if you took the pacific ocean out of the equation, we're not that far away really.. As I envision a world in Pangea with a hot young Australian lady

For real though, you should have no problem finding a man that's 15 to 20 years your senior to adore and pamper you.

I think i'm heading on that path myself lol. We need more women like you.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:57 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Actually I think HawianCoconut has experience of meeting young, attractive women in Australia. Maybe he's got some pointers for us

Old 09-11-2016, 06:39 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Life is not a fairy tale. There isn't any age group that is going to give you what you want. Get to know men for who they are, not what you think they can give you, because a relationship is about two people's desires, not just yours.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:46 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Life is not a fairy tale. There isn't any age group that is going to give you what you want. Get to know men for who they are, not what you think they can give you, because a relationship is about two people's desires, not just yours.
Life is a *****. Then you die.

The whole princess Barbie experience? Good luck with that.

Last edited by SD4020; 09-11-2016 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:57 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
If you want to be treated like a princess, you might have to go for MUCH older men. Maybe try men in their late 50's or 60's. Then they can spoil you like the daughter/granddaughter they never had. Lots of women have done it. Plus lots of them have accumulated a lot more money. You'd hardly be the first. Remember Anna Nicole Smith.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:14 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
Quote:
We have a constitutional monarchy technically! Our head of State is Queen Elizabeth II of UK!
Sounds like a good system.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:31 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
But, the cultural differences might be at play in this situation. People can give you advice from all over the world, but how would those advice play in your country culture about dating and relationships. Perhaps people there just do and think different about situations like this. Like here in the states, a 26 year old female would have little if any problems finding an older man, and it's not unusual to see that from time to time. My uncle wife was at least 15 years younger than he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships