Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 02:46 PM

594 posts, read 379,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
But if it's a bad boy thug who treats her like a jerk, he's going to win her over some guy who's respectful to her. If you're too nice to a girl, you'll always get stomped over (and possibly taken advantage over). Why they always say "Nice guys finish last". I still try to be a nice guy because I wasn't raised to be an obnoxious jerk.
There's a lot of middle ground between the two extremes you presented. You don't need to be a beta forever alone and you don't need to be a thug. You can be confident and assertive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 03:08 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
But if it's a bad boy thug who treats her like a jerk, he's going to win her over some guy who's respectful to her. If you're too nice to a girl, you'll always get stomped over (and possibly taken advantage over). Why they always say "Nice guys finish last". I still try to be a nice guy because I wasn't raised to be an obnoxious jerk.
Do people who say this garbage not realize how patently offensive it is?

If you honestly believe that women (in general, and as a group) would prefer a guy that treats her like crap, you have absolutely no business dating, whatsoever.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Do people who say this garbage not realize how patently offensive it is?

If you honestly believe that women (in general, and as a group) would prefer a guy that treats her like crap, you have absolutely no business dating, whatsoever.
Sadly, he's got a point despite how stupid it sounds. Bad boys get women because they excite them and are a challenge a guy who treats them well tends to be boring. I'm sure you have heard this saying before because it exists for a reason.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:18 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Sadly, he's got a point despite how stupid it sounds. Bad boys get women because they excite them and are a challenge a guy who treats them well tends to be boring. I'm sure you have heard this saying before because it exists for a reason.
I'm sure it's true in some cases. Some cases.

"Women" are not of a hivemind. I'm sure you realize this by now?

Old 09-25-2016, 03:19 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
I feel like it's mostly with some young women that fall for guys like these, but then most end up outgrowing them as they get older.

But yeah, to assume all women like bad boys is most definitely ludicrous and insulting.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:28 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional12 View Post
Tell me is it hard or easy to get a girlfriend?

Do I just walk up to a girl and be like

Hi my name is Drake and I think that you could be the lime to my corona.

Would you like to go on a date?
Do you not have a father or an adult male figure in your life you can ask for advice?

Old 09-25-2016, 03:51 PM

477 posts, read 314,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Do you not have a father or an adult male figure in your life you can ask for advice?
You beat Just A Guy to the punch

Old 09-25-2016, 04:19 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Not true. Some guys can interact with women easily and still strike out. I'm that guy.
Not really in your case because you have had girlfriends before

Old 09-25-2016, 04:23 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I'm in my mid 20's, and never had a girlfriend before (though have been on dates).

In my experience, I feel a lot of it comes down to circumstance and luck (essentially being at the right place at the right time). Even if you dress well, have a job/making money, have good hygiene, social skills, etc.

Also, some people are just not naturally good (or are clueless) at getting into relationships, while others have no problem. GravityMan is correct, but it just doesn't come that easy or naturally for some people. It's almost like with everything else in life.

Not to mention, some people may not be interesting in dating or being in a relationship at a certain time period. I wasn't until about 2-3 years ago.
Yup, something like that happens to men more than women, there are far more guys in the world than women who surpass their mid-20's and beyond without ever having had a relationship before, I even spoke with a biologist as of lately, she told me that in Walruses, which are mammals like us, humans, the way it works is that one dominant male males with a harem of females, and that most male Walruses die before they are able to mate, although of course obviously that's not the case with us humans, I guess that sort of correlates with as to why men are more at risk than women are at still being a virgin or never having had a relationship before surpassing mid-20's and 30+ years of age

Old 09-25-2016, 06:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Not really in your case because you have had girlfriends before
Yes I have but where are they now? Me and my ex fiancé called off our wedding due to me not wanting kids. Those experiences mean nothing if you are not with the person anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships