Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,889 times

Advertisements

I have noticed there is a real large double standard when it comes to wanting to stay single.

If a man says something to the effect of "I don't want to be in a relationship and have to share and compromise and deal with women" women will say things like the guy is a loser, a Virgin, has issues etc. Yet if a woman said something like "I don't need a man and don't want to deal with men's crap and their issues and have to compromise" women will say things like "you go girl!" "you are a strong independent woman!" "women definitely don't need a man!" "girl power!" etc. etc. etc.

It's very hypocritical. Man doesn't like the idea of being with a woman? He's a loser. A woman that doesn't want to deal with a man? She's just a strong independent woman!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:12 AM

231 posts, read 225,260 times
I think it's the other way around.

Older single men are "bachelors", older single women are "spinsters" or "cat ladies".

If a young guy is single, it's "you're a player, huh?" if a young woman is single it's "wow, you'll find someone, you poor thing!"

Old 09-14-2016, 12:19 AM

212 posts, read 162,699 times
I feel a firestorm coming on again! I'll throw another one out there for the hell of it!
Any woman can pick any man she wants, for men, it's not that easy, for it's women that actually do the picking and choosing of whom they desire as a mate. After all, men are a dime a dozen, women are a commodity!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:41 AM

914 posts, read 733,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman0182 View Post
I have noticed there is a real large double standard when it comes to wanting to stay single.

If a man says something to the effect of "I don't want to be in a relationship and have to share and compromise and deal with women" women will say things like the guy is a loser, a Virgin, has issues etc. Yet if a woman said something like "I don't need a man and don't want to deal with men's crap and their issues and have to compromise" women will say things like "you go girl!" "you are a strong independent woman!" "women definitely don't need a man!" "girl power!" etc. etc. etc.

It's very hypocritical. Man doesn't like the idea of being with a woman? He's a loser. A woman that doesn't want to deal with a man? She's just a strong independent woman!
LOL. I have never heard anyone saying those things, to men or women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post

Older single men are "bachelors", older single women are "spinsters" or "cat ladies".
Good point

Old 09-14-2016, 12:45 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,251,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
LOL. I have never heard anyone saying those things, to men or women.
Same here. Ive not yet heard anyone here or in real life call anyone a loser. Because in all seriousness, people have a short attention span and really don't [care].

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-14-2016 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language deleted.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:06 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,165,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
I think it's the other way around.

If a young guy is single, it's "you're a player, huh?" if a young woman is single it's "wow, you'll find someone, you poor thing!"
Yeah. Or others will say the woman must be too picky. We see that a lot here from bitter guys. If a woman has trouble dating she's ugly, has an attitude problem, is unrealistically picky because women have nothing but hundreds of grand men after them on a daily basis. lol

Another double standard. If a guy has tons o women, he's a stud that any woman would be lucky to get. If the woman has tons of men, she's a ***** that men should only sex from, but never get serious with.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:16 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,900,596 times
What's with the sudden rash of first time making massive generalisations ?
Are people bored now they are going back to school or something ?

Old 09-14-2016, 02:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah. Or others will say the woman must be too picky. We see that a lot here from bitter guys. If a woman has trouble dating she's ugly, has an attitude problem, is unrealistically picky because women have nothing but hundreds of grand men after them on a daily basis. lol

Another double standard. If a guy has tons o women, he's a stud that any woman would be lucky to get. If the woman has tons of men, she's a ***** that men should only sex from, but never get serious with.
But the thing is unless a woman is extremely ugly she will have no trouble finding a man who agrees to sex and consequently ride the **** caroseul. Whereas even attractive men unless they have serious "game" will always have trouble.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,888,666 times
I think the OP is getting heat for being single when it's his choice.

Here: I'll break it down like this....

Women are emotional. They see you alone and care. They feel you are lonely and need somebody. It's really an awwwww moment for them.

It's ok man. I walked in your shoes.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:14 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,470,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Same here. Ive not yet heard anyone here or in real life call anyone a loser. Because in all seriousness, people have a short attention span and really don't give a s***.
Yep. Aside from parents who maybe want grandkids in the future, nobody cares if you (man or woman) is single and wants to be single. How much does anyone really care about the choices of strangers?

The only time anyone cares is when the person wanting to be single is seeking attention from others and needs validation from others for their choice by being self righteous and making sexist generalizations and illogical claims to purposely provoke an argument from others (usually the claims are about the opposite sex, but sometimes about their own gender). Then people will chime in (usually to let you know they don't care) but only because YOU brought it to THEIR face trying to claim opinion is fact in the first place hoping for a reaction.

So in other words, don't drag others into things, and others will leave you alone. But don't act shocked when you purposefully ask, in a confrontational way, for the input of others and they "give it to you."

Last edited by BellaLind; 09-14-2016 at 04:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships