Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 08:34 AM

641 posts, read 405,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenibutgod View Post
So there are zero women who tolerate shy men? I feel like since there are beta males (like me), alpha females must exist too. It would only make sense.
That's not the way nature works. You're looking for a needle in a haystack. Nature doesn't intend for men who are that beta to reproduce. For that to change you need to make a ton of money, that way you will get a mate as nature doesn't mind you reproducing then as you have an alpha trait (money). Otherwise change your personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
True (though, I wouldn't call it "self improvement" because there's nothing wrong with him; our society just favors extroverted men in the mate selection process; I digress though, as that's more of a philosophical argument)
It is self-improvement in the context of what he's looking to achieve.

As an introvert myself i'm not saying the extroverted/outgoing person is better, but I know I have to adapt to get anywhere with women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 08:48 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
That's not the way nature works. You're looking for a needle in a haystack. Nature doesn't intend for men who are that beta to reproduce. For that to change you need to make a ton of money, that way you will get a mate as nature doesn't mind you reproducing then as you have an alpha trait (money). Otherwise change your personality.

It is self-improvement in the context of what he's looking to achieve.

As an introvert myself i'm not saying the extroverted/outgoing person is better, but I know I have to adapt to get anywhere with women.
I like this and it's true about adapting

Old 09-18-2016, 08:49 AM

6,414 posts, read 4,911,200 times
I would try OLD immediately. Its perfect for someone like yourself (I was shy too and had limited success with women). At least you will have some interaction/dates and can practice and learn what to do. They can see you pic and read your description. It worked great for me. The OLDs that cost money are better and get more serious people. Good luck

Old 09-18-2016, 06:31 PM

38 posts, read 34,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I would try OLD immediately. Its perfect for someone like yourself (I was shy too and had limited success with women). At least you will have some interaction/dates and can practice and learn what to do. They can see you pic and read your description. It worked great for me. The OLDs that cost money are better and get more serious people. Good luck
I've only tried tinder and didn't really get a lot of matches. I think I'm too ugly for online dating. From what I've heard if you aren't at least an 8/10 as a guy, you're invisible online.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenibutgod View Post
I've only tried tinder and didn't really get a lot of matches. I think I'm too ugly for online dating. From what I've heard if you aren't at least an 8/10 as a guy, you're invisible online.
You probably aren't ugly, but you don't need to be an 8/10 to meet women online. I would say that none of the guys I met were 8/10s.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptynester1 View Post
Our society seems to move in pairs. So I understand.
Start by doing the things YOU enjoy; and not for the purpose of meeting anyone. Do solo stuff. Travel with single groups. There are plenty. Do not go to find a date.
Turn off the TV; which can be depressing. Use your computer and devices to select news and entertainment. Stop the romantic movies.
Start looking for people to help. That will pull you out of sadness; the old folk next door, volunteering anywhere.
Go to church. Join a small study group. Join their singles group.
Learn a musical instrument.
Go back to grad school or do continuing Ed. Take a non-demanding course, just for socializing.
Exercise consistently at a gym not to buff but to lift your mood and be among people.
Ask for advice in the produce aisle.
Join a Meetup on your town. There are likely plenty.
Be friendly to all but raise the bar on a girlfriend. If you think she is a five you will treat her as a five. A keeper needs to be treated as a 10. So don't settle and above all things, do not appear needy or desperate.
Get a dog or borrow one to walk the neighborhood or park. People may stop to talk to your dog and you can chime in. plus a dog can ease your loneliness and improve your health.
Memorize jokes to tell and humorous stories. Good humor is attracting.
Update your wardrobe. Get a new hairdo.
Learn to cook or bake. Have a specialty even if it is one dish. Take your dish to office parties and potlucks. That is a sure conversation starter. Women are attracted to admirable traits, which include being able to earn the dough AND bake it.
Work on avoiding thinking about having to have a gf. When you begin enjoying your own company to the max, that happiness will attract women to you. They will want to be in your company.
All the best!
Yeah apparently it's far more important for a man to have a life that he wakes up excited for every day more than the other way around

Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Take a bartender class and get a weekend job at a bar/club/restaurant. You'll learn to be more outgoing and meet more people while earning some $$$.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:53 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Be like Richard Gere from "Pretty Woman" and get a hooker. Just make sure that she isn't working undercover for the P-D.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawgg View Post
be like richard gere from "pretty woman" and get a hooker. Just make sure that she isn't working undercover for the p-d.
🤔😝

Old 09-26-2016, 03:41 PM

38 posts, read 34,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Be like Richard Gere from "Pretty Woman" and get a hooker. Just make sure that she isn't working undercover for the P-D.
I've already seen hookers before. I'm not looking for sex. I want a girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships