Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 753 times

Advertisements

I have been with the same person for seven years now. We have been through some amazing experiences and some horrendous lows. The beginning was phenomenal and everything I could have dreamed of. I found out he was using prescriptions. I was innocent and thought we could move past it. He went in and out of recovery. One random day out of the six months we had not been intimate I get pregnant. I didn't believe it at first. Reality set in and eventually I had to leave him. We were convinced by family to get back together for our child and continue to try and make things work. I grew up in a house of lies, so I was already predisposed to hostility. Our relationship became ugly and unkind words were exchanged daily. The drug use was prevelant,yet I lacked the support and courage to leave. I felt sorry for myself. I thought I had a tremendously hard and sexual traumatic childhood, that I some how didn't deserve this. I believed it wasn't really happening and things would just work themselves out.."they always do!". I was told consistently. Nothing has changed. He uses cocaine and lies to my face. He admits it one week later, because he is twisted or feels guilty. I was looking for a place to stay, but my credit is bad. I asked to stay with friends and family, but they offer a week or two. I feel helpless. I called Some local shelters and they were either full or didn't accept my plea for help. I need solid advice, not just leave or go to counseling. Duh, we tried that. He went to rehab, we had family counseling, AA, Al-anon and prayer that's their solution. I'm losing my mind and about to lose my job, if this is how I'm having to live and cope daily. I'm terrified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 09:48 AM

43 posts, read 36,863 times
This is not job related??!!

You should re-post in the correct category

Old 09-17-2016, 10:43 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecat84 View Post
I need solid advice, not just leave or go to counseling.
This IS solid advice.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:15 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
There is a child in this mess?

Al-Anon is very effective for many people. There is some research out there that prayer and/or meditation are effective stress relievers for people. Their brains actually change.

The reason I mention that is because when one is in an ongoing stressful situation one can sometimes not see a way out. There is a way. The reality is though that we don't know where you live or what kinds of services might be available in your area.

Does he use around your child? You could demand he leave instead of leaving yourself.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Cps asap!!

Old 09-17-2016, 02:43 PM
qwy

296 posts, read 520,396 times
One solution may be to find a cheap motel that allows you to pay weekly, another idea may be to sleep in your car for a while until you figure things out. You can join a local gym and use their showers.

If you don't have the money for a cheap motel or a car, than maybe you can go to a 24 hour laundromat (I'm just throwing idea out here), and sit in there all night until your husband leaves for work. The point is that you need out of that environment.

I don't know your personal beliefs, but maybe you should consider an abortion (if you are not against them) because it sounds like this is not a situation that you should bring a child into.

Ultimately, you need to find a friend or family member, or co-worker, someone who you can get mental, emotional, as well as financial support until you get yourself stable.

Not to get into your personal life or to play the blame game, but the fact that your family is not allowing you to stay with them for longer than a week tells me that your problem "maybe" more than just with your husband.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 AM

708 posts, read 577,973 times
Would you consider adoption? It might help you get back on your feet, in that the adoptive parents might help with your living expenses during your pregnancy. It doesn't like a good environment to bring a child into.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:13 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecat84 View Post
I have been with the same person for seven years now. We have been through some amazing experiences and some horrendous lows. The beginning was phenomenal and everything I could have dreamed of. I found out he was using prescriptions. I was innocent and thought we could move past it. He went in and out of recovery. One random day out of the six months we had not been intimate I get pregnant. I didn't believe it at first. Reality set in and eventually I had to leave him. We were convinced by family to get back together for our child and continue to try and make things work. I grew up in a house of lies, so I was already predisposed to hostility. Our relationship became ugly and unkind words were exchanged daily. The drug use was prevelant,yet I lacked the support and courage to leave. I felt sorry for myself. I thought I had a tremendously hard and sexual traumatic childhood, that I some how didn't deserve this. I believed it wasn't really happening and things would just work themselves out.."they always do!". I was told consistently. Nothing has changed. He uses cocaine and lies to my face. He admits it one week later, because he is twisted or feels guilty. I was looking for a place to stay, but my credit is bad. I asked to stay with friends and family, but they offer a week or two. I feel helpless. I called Some local shelters and they were either full or didn't accept my plea for help. I need solid advice, not just leave or go to counseling. Duh, we tried that. He went to rehab, we had family counseling, AA, Al-anon and prayer that's their solution. I'm losing my mind and about to lose my job, if this is how I'm having to live and cope daily. I'm terrified.
is your name Maria or did you cheat on him? I am confused.

Please consider adoption. Your child doesn't deserve to grow up in such a mess.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
is your name Maria or did you cheat on him? I am confused.

Please consider adoption. Your child doesn't deserve to grow up in such a mess.
Parthenogenesis?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
OP has not been back since she made that post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships