Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 06:30 PM

594 posts, read 379,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Some would argue that when you care for them you'll find them even more physically attractive .... Just like when you love or care for them the sex is better ( jmo )

Out of interest are you lining up and further dates with any other women?
Totally agree with the bolded text.

The child therapist and I are going out again on Tuesday. Drinks and maybe a movie, but she doesn't like horror movies and I really want to see the new Blair Witch. The Lawyer and I are talking about a second date but haven't firmed anything up yet because she's so dam busy. The nurse and I are doing lunch one day next week.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:33 PM

91 posts, read 63,003 times
I'd go for the least attractive woman that seems to have the most going for her. I'm much younger than you, but I've already learned that chasing looks is a very bad idea.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
I'd go for the least attractive woman that seems to have the most going for her. I'm much younger than you, but I've already learned that chasing looks is a very bad idea.
Well, I think you're way ahead of the game if you've already made that realization. I've had to crash and burn a few times to figure it out. Looks only go so far...and then they become meaningless if there's nothing more keeping the two of you together.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
There's truth to what you said. And I'm not ignorant of the hypocrisy. But, I'm not able to choose one at this point.
Neither are they, and when they do choose, it might not be you.

You aren't ordering dinner. These are human beings. It isn't about you "choosing" from among three dolls standing on a shelf. It's about TWO people making a matching choice, which is rarer. It will be rarer even than the norm for you if you don't start thinking of these women as people instead of vending machine options to choose and then tweak to be just right, as you found from the girl who literally walked out on you.

We can't help you "choose" from among three people we don't even know and who might have options that appeal more to them than you do anyway. How on earth can anyone "help" you here? You know we can't. I think you just need attention...constant attention. Even when we strangers give it to you in pages of responses it's never enough. Just go back to your therapist. You really really need to figure out why you're terrified of not having a gazillion people around you responding, responding, responding, responding. Because it will never be enough. You will never feel satisfied and filled.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You aren't ordering dinner. These are human beings. It isn't about you "choosing" from among three dolls standing on a shelf. It's about TWO people making a matching choice, which is rarer. It will be rarer even than the norm for you if you don't start thinking of these women as people instead of vending machine options to choose and then tweak to be just right, as you found from the girl who literally walked out on you.

We can't help you "choose" from among three people we don't even know and who might have options that appeal more to them than you do anyway. How on earth can anyone "help" you here? You know we can't. I think you just need attention...constant attention. Even when we strangers give it to you in pages of responses it's never enough. Just go back to your therapist. You really really need to figure out why you're terrified of not having a gazillion people around you responding, responding, responding, responding. Because it will never be enough. You will never feel satisfied and filled.
To the first bolded text, I do not nor would I ever view women that way and I've stated several times that I don't like dating for the very reason that it cheapens people.

Also, yes, the Vegan walked out on me, and she never came back and hasn't contacted me. And that was not a good night for me. I understood my mistake almost as soon as I made it. You're making it sound like I'm without remorse, but that's just not the case.

To the second bit of bolded text, I just like to share, it's not about getting attention. During my marriage I never shared anything, I just kept it all inside. And through therapy I've learned to open up and be vulnerable. This isn't about me getting attention from people. It's just about me being vulnerable and sharing, because its' something I need to be better at.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Totally agree with the bolded text.

The child therapist and I are going out again on Tuesday. Drinks and maybe a movie, but she doesn't like horror movies and I really want to see the new Blair Witch. The Lawyer and I are talking about a second date but haven't firmed anything up yet because she's so dam busy. The nurse and I are doing lunch one day next week.
No LOL any other women apart from the 3 mentioned?

LOL I know a bloke years and years ago it was around when we were 17/18ish.... Anyway he took a girl out to the pictures and she didn't like horrors ( neither do I ) now apparently she was an incredibly shy, timid girl and lead quite a sheltered life, yet he took her to see a proper horror flick ( think the time they went there were only 2 showing and the other wasn't of interest ) .... Can't remember which film but apparently she was terrified, clinging on and in bits for the duration...... She didn't want to see him again afterwards! ( 😂😂😂😂😂 )

So yes I'd just stick to the drinks.... And lots of them mate!

Old 09-17-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No LOL any other women apart from the 3 mentioned?

LOL I know a bloke years and years ago it was around when we were 17/18ish.... Anyway he took a girl out to the pictures and she didn't like horrors ( neither do I ) now apparently she was an incredibly shy, timid girl and lead quite a sheltered life, yet he took her to see a proper horror flick ( think the time they went there were only 2 showing and the other wasn't of interest ) .... Can't remember which film but apparently she was terrified, clinging on and in bits for the duration...... She didn't want to see him again afterwards! ( 😂😂😂😂😂 )

So yes I'd just stick to the drinks.... And lots of them mate!
Well, I've got a long list of matches in Tinder but there's no way in hell I'm going to have more than 3 in the rotation. I just can't mentally do it.

I asked the child therapist if she wanted to go see Blair Witch. She said she doesn't like horror movies because they give her nightmares. Then she said if she agrees to go with me I have to agree to sleep with her that night. What's a guy to do? Quite the conundrum.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Well, I've got a long list of matches in Tinder but there's no way in hell I'm going to have more than 3 in the rotation. I just can't mentally do it.

I asked the child therapist if she wanted to go see Blair Witch. She said she doesn't like horror movies because they give her nightmares. Then she said if she agrees to go with me I have to agree to sleep with her that night. What's a guy to do? Quite the conundrum.
Well yep I most certainly concur with knocking the other matches on the head

Oh my well better go and get your tickets for the cinema now.... RIGHT NOW! lol

Old 09-17-2016, 07:18 PM

166 posts, read 244,348 times
Backing away...wrong thread..

Old 09-17-2016, 07:38 PM

212 posts, read 164,255 times
Quote:
She's 5'2" and cute as a button. But not conventionally beautiful. To answer your question, yes, I do find her attractive. And to expand on my previous post, I think a person's physical attraction can subjectively increase the more you care for them.

In my age, I'm finding shorter women incredibly H-O-T!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships