Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 10:50 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellSpeeder869 View Post
What do you care other than how your husband feels about you?
Yeah, I don't get the OP. She's happily married. What else matters? Others find you attractive. Yet you're still questioning it? Just be happy with your life as it is. You have so much more going for you than many other people. Count your blessings and be content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 10:58 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
This was a test, wasn't it?

Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
"Cute" is very different from other terms that I (or some others) use to refer to pleasing aesthetics. I typically use the word "cute" for such things like animals, babies, kids, etc. But for an adult? Not usually. "Cute" denotes a certain innocent-looking appearance.

"Hot" to me describes a process of achieving a certain look. It is a process of getting "done up," to amp up the sex appeal, where even cute or pretty folks can be made to look hot or "sexy," without actually being sexy, as in, possessing the attitude, confidence and aura that one can exude naturally. "Hot" means you have to try, and sometimes try hard, at being sexy, oftentimes unsuccessfully.

I also think "cute" can be used in many ways to refer to personality traits and qualities. My husband is more than "cute" in terms of looks, but his personality, quirks and qualities, can be cute or endearing. I wouldn't use this term to describe everyone's personality because not everyone has a pleasing or likable personality. I think my kids are cute in terms of their endearing traits, personalities, qualities, quirks, etc., but they're also very beautiful, too.

My husband has told me I'm being cute, in much the same way I use it, but hasn't ever told me I am cute. I don't recall ever being called cute as an adult.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:42 PM

89 posts, read 86,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Ugh...How to keep this post unmoderated....

Hot: I want to do many dirty things to you many times.
Cute: I just want scoop you up and cuddle you and make love to you.

Btw, the same woman can look cute or hot depending on how shes dressed and made up.
This is kind of similar thought process for me.
I will add forr me, hot typically means the woman has all facets of the ideal beautythat I look for in a woman.
So, hot can be subjective. I may think a body type or woman is hot, but someone else will consider her cute.

also, for me Cute is definately a generally very attractive woman. And yes, especially for woman that don't get decked out very often, cute can become hot if she is of that personality and when she gets decked out. Some women jus dont get all decked out very often, so they may be cute due to never showin all their cards. If that makes sense.

Overall, hot is typcially more attractive than cute. But again, it is subjective, and some people who are cute can be hot, it they choose to.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:22 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
This thread will not survive until tomorrow. Anyone taking wagers?

Old 09-21-2016, 02:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
I don't know if any man has ever called me "hot." "Cute" or "beautiful" but not "hot." (I mean not in the beginning. Of course long-term boyfriends and my husband would lovingly tell me if I was super dressed to the nines that I looked hot.)

I think if a date literally called me hot to my face, I'd assume he wanted to hit it, and I'd walk away. Nobody THAT graceless gets into these Underoos!

Old 09-21-2016, 02:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know if any man has ever called me "hot." "Cute" or "beautiful" but not "hot." (I mean not in the beginning. Of course long-term boyfriends and my husband would lovingly tell me if I was super dressed to the nines that I looked hot.)

I think if a date literally called me hot to my face, I'd assume he wanted to hit it, and I'd walk away. Nobody THAT graceless gets into these Underoos!
I've called you hot before

Old 09-21-2016, 02:33 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Lol, the only dudes who have ever thought I was "hot" are the ones who are even dorkier than I am. That's okay; I'm fine with "cute" and am aware of my lack of attributes that propel a woman into the "hot" category.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:37 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
I much prefer cute over hot. Hot is quite often just a code word for a woman that's dressed really provocatively. Cute is a woman more on the classy side in a sun dress or something. Even strippers will try and look cute because they know that's what a lot of guys prefer.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I'd take the average to cute girl over the stunning attractive woman. Stunning attractive women have their guards up, the majority are already in relationships so it's rejection waiting to happen, their egos are huge because men hit on them a lot. Now this is going to sound messed up but I could never and don't see myself ever being with a hot woman. They are hard to satisfy, they have too many options so I don't trust them, and it would be tiresome to watch her get hit on all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships