Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Technically it's cheating but it is a hell of a lot easier to get away with it.
If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 12:52 PM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
I can't believe that this is supposed to be a real question. Yes, it's cheating if you both agreed to a monogamous relationship. If you are looking for an open relationship, and she is not, then do her a favour and break up with her.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:55 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,233,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
If you're in a long distance relationship and you're doing things behind her back, is it still considered cheating? Can the distance be sort of a "free pass" to have a bit "extra" on the side?
Call it whatever you want, if it makes you feel better.

Is it okay if she does the same things?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:39 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
If you're in a long distance relationship and you're doing things behind her back, is it still considered cheating? Can the distance be sort of a "free pass" to have a bit "extra" on the side?
Just out of curiosity ... what's the mileage marker between 'cheating' and 'extra'? You know, where if she's on this side of the line it's cheating but if she's on the far side she can have all she wants 'on the side' and you can't complain that she's cheating?

Or... wait... you meant you, not her, right?

Old 09-22-2016, 05:04 PM

511 posts, read 402,005 times
Quote:
If you shoplift in NYC, and fly to back to LA, are you still guilty of shoplifting?

Old 09-22-2016, 05:45 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
If you shoplift in NYC, and fly to back to LA, are you still guilty of shoplifting?
If he made it back to LA, he got away with it and likely won't be caught before the statue of limitations expires.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:28 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Quote:

It's interesting how folks try to excuse/justify their actions so they can feel less guilty about doing what they already knew is wrong.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:44 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
....troll or a-hole, I cant tell.....
Sounds like both, to me.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:48 PM

708 posts, read 577,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok, yeah, this is up there for one of the worst questions I've read on here.
Agreed!⬆

Old 09-22-2016, 06:54 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Seriously. I dated a woman who cheated on me every time she went out of town on business. When one of her business associates told me about it and I confronted her, she said it "didn't count" because she was out of town and they weren't relationships just one night stands, she didn't consider it cheating because it was "just sex" and no big deal. Worst part was she was serious. Couldn't figure out why I was so pissed.
Look Im sorry that happened man, but that situation is a bit different. Your woman lived with you and literally did it on tiny business trips, it's not the same as a long distance relationship. She sounds really careless tbh, if I live with someone Im not going to cheat on them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships