Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 08:36 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This is so very true. We had a few good months and then my dad died unexpectedly, so it's been reality very early on. Heck, in less than five years together, I lost both parents, we bought a house that has turned into a money pit, and I lost my job too. And in this past year, hubby lost his job. It has been non-stop reality and chaos, and the only thing that has gotten us through is each other.

That's horrible. If you guys got through that still in love and liking each other, you are good for the long haul.

Ours isn't as bad, but put a strain on us. During the 4 years married, he had a pelvis injury that kept him on super high doses of morphine for 2 years. He got better and rolled an ATV last November and has had to have shoulder surgery twice (his dominant side). He still can barely do anything because he got an infection.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Rocky, AARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!! :headbang:

Of course it is! You don't even know this person, hardly! People can be full of surprises. That's why you take your time to get to know them. They may have a variety of negative characteristics that would cause you to fall out of love 6 months down the road.

What you are experiencing is infatuation, not love. Love is based on knowing someone more profoundly than just 2 weeks, and accepting them with whatever flaws they may have.
Are you talking about unconditional love?
Do you believe in unconditional love?

Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 PM

109 posts, read 198,634 times
Love is Timeless...

Old 09-28-2016, 06:03 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Each person is different. If you feel like you love her, tell her. I told my wife when we were dating that I loved her about a week after our first date. She told me she was leaning that way but wasn't ready to say it yet. She said it 2 weeks later.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I heard Rocky fell in love with a ham sandwhich before he was even done eating it...
Ok, that was a good one.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:55 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's horrible. If you guys got through that still in love and liking each other, you are good for the long haul.

Ours isn't as bad, but put a strain on us. During the 4 years married, he had a pelvis injury that kept him on super high doses of morphine for 2 years. He got better and rolled an ATV last November and has had to have shoulder surgery twice (his dominant side). He still can barely do anything because he got an infection.
Ugh, sorry to hear it. These are the curve balls life throws our way and it's the hard times that really show if two people are a good fit for each other. It's easy when life is grand and nothing is going wrong, but hardships or even simple disagreements can bring out a different side of a person. There are exceptions, but on the whole, I don't believe you can love someone in a week or two. Maybe you see it heading that way but two weeks is still a stranger you're just getting to know, imo.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,449 times
My boyfriend said I love you after like a week and a half and it kind of surprised me... when its that soon sometimes you feel pressured to say it back even though it may be true sometime in the future

Old 07-20-2019, 09:11 PM

999 posts, read 553,675 times
I think it's possible to love someone instantly. Love is limitless. I've always told people I love them very quickly and it's no big deal to me.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:38 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
It seems too soon to me.........you have to know the person better IMO. If someone said that to me after 2 weeks......I'd feel he wasn't sincere....or just being impulsive, like he was just trying to get me to sleep with him. (or worse.....that he was really needy & falls in love really fast all the time).....

Old 07-20-2019, 09:43 PM

421 posts, read 237,688 times
Yep. I know it's an old thread but I'm glad you're not (or didn't announce after 2 weeks) yes it's possible though, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships