Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 05:04 PM

12 posts, read 6,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Her bf supports her and her son financially while she sits at home, unemployed and broke but expects more of him. I don't understand why you question his sincerity and character?
No I do work full time actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 06:10 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0624 View Post
My son's father was great and treated me great actually. Things just didn't work out cuz he was obsessive. Other guys were unfaithful and not so good.
I am assuming that your son's father is paying child support. So your BF really is not supporting your son, you and his father are doing that.

If you want more spending money can you think of ways to make extra money?

Since you are home most weekend nights anyway why not try to get some babysitting jobs. Perhaps, some friends or neighbors will pay you to care for their child/children. After a few times you will have plenty of money for a great night out with your BF (and to pay for a babysitter for your son).

Old 09-28-2016, 11:05 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
There's plenty of activities you can do while going out, without having to spend a whole lot of money, if any money at all.

Unless you're talking the club scene, which I know nothing about at all, unless it involves live music.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:53 AM

29 posts, read 24,963 times
Is the bio father paying child support?

You sound young. Perhaps missing the fun times and party life you see your peers having and wanting a little of that for yourself.

Oh well. Adulting and parenting requires sacrifice and discipline.

Sounds like you have a good man. Don't mess it up.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Her bf supports her and her son financially while she sits at home, unemployed and broke but expects more of him. I don't understand why you question his sincerity and character?
I'm not questioning his character. He sounds like a great guy.

If she has a history of choosing not so great guys (which seems like she has), she is probably going to start feeling very uncomfortable when she is with an actual great guy.

That's what may be starting to happen here.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0624 View Post
Things just didn't work out cuz he was obsessive.
What does that mean?

Old 09-29-2016, 12:29 PM

After reading her other thread, it looks like I am right. The BF is either a jerk (according to her other thread, he might be one) or she has to sabotage any relationship with a guy who is not a jerk.

She is definitely the problem here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships