Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 09:07 AM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Sorry but yout got what you wanted... and deserved ..

My advice:

Learn to control your anger.
Don't threaten to break up if you don't mean it.
Don't be mean.
Don't insult your bf. EVER.
Consider the differences in culture in the future - American's are very sensitive compared to many other cultures and they pay attention to what you say and how you say it. What works in your country may not work in other countries. Fighting and making up and forgetting everything is a personal matter of character PLUS a cultural trait.
All good advises but the guy was from Europe, unless I missed a point. And Europe does have a different way of dating then Americans as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 09:58 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
All good advises but the guy was from Europe, unless I missed a point.
Can you point out where Europe was mentioned? I missed that.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
I had been guilty of blurting this "let's break up" thing in the heat of moments in past relationship, so I can relate to that.

Unfortunately, by blocking you and all he's really telling you his decision is final and there won't be another chance. No matter how sad or regretful you will have to let it go, there is no use crying over spilled milk now. Regarding your move to europe, don't even attempt to contact/ look him up. Focus on your studies and yourself. Stop blaming yourself and accept that it didn't work out. Maybe, just maybe he'll come back to you when you least expects it.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:28 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
She mentioned moving to Europe and them being 3-4 hours away from each other at that point.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:33 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindewdew View Post
Hey everyone,

(Few days ago, he was excited that I'm finally moving to europe next month and talked about when we should meet next month. Few weeks ago, he talked about moving in together, having a family together, and me doing a semester abroad in his country)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I think its here.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:42 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
All good advises but the guy was from Europe, unless I missed a point. And Europe does have a different way of dating then Americans as well.
sorry. I thought this is an American forum.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:56 AM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
sorry. I thought this is an American forum.
No need to be sorry, come on!

Old 10-07-2016, 08:41 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
You sound like a horrible, horrible girlfriend.

Yes, the threats and insults are a form of partner abuse. Get help before you inflict your insecurities and anger on another person.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:35 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I think this should be a wake up call for you to change your behavior in future relationships, but sadly I think the damage is beyond repair with your ex boyfriend. It sounds like you've been pushing him for awhile arguing and suggesting breaking up. I bet he's been thinking for a long time maybe he's better off without you and with that last argument you finally pushed him over the edge.

Long distance is really tough and not everyone can handle it. My boyfriend and I were long distance for most of our relationship until now, but thankfully we didn't usually have to go more than a month at the most without seeing one another. My boyfriend is an excellent texter. I don't think our relationship could have made it without both of us being on the same page about how much communication we wanted with each other. It's easy to get insecure when you can't see the person you love every day. I don't fault you for that and I had those moments myself.

You should NEVER threaten someone with a break up if you don't mean it. Either you were having doubts about the relationship yourself, or you were using that as a threat against him to scare him and manipulate him. Not cool. If my boyfriend ever told me maybe we should break up I would take that really seriously and it would be hard for me to ever relax and trust he was committed to our relationship even if he later took it back.

I'm sorry, but I really think you should respect his wishes and leave him alone and accept things are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships