Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Talk to her,that you want to move slower.And don't like to broadcast your life to everyone.

Yet you kinda told her with your denial that you aren't in a relationship with her,or don't want one.
I would watch your words with her.
She is telling you that she wants one with you.
She does need to look at your actions of not dating mult7 people anymore only her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 12:50 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would have said right from the start that you don't want your relationship to be public. Now you started something and I think she is rightfully upset that you don't agree to the relationship status change. Should have put your foot down when she started tagging you.

I don't understand your point - you don't care to have pics with her public but showing that you are in a relationship, that is too much?
I told her from the get go that I'm pretty private and don't do the whole snapchat and instagram stuff that she does. It's a gradual thing for me. Even the tagging makes feel uncomfortable because she likes to add cheesy updates to the pics. I've told her to tone it down and she has until this relationship status thing happened.

Yes, it's too much for me. I have family on there. I don't want to be switching the status back and forth with every girl I meet. That would get out of hand. I need to give it more time.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:55 PM

296 posts, read 265,694 times
I think it is perfectly fine that you don't want to have your relationship status viewed by everyone, and frankly if she is offended or upset than I would worry that she assigns meaning to meaningless things if that makes sense.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I'm not sure how to feel about them...I think some people just "need" them...if it doesn't bother you, I'd say let it go, but if you feel it means she's taking this more seriously than you are, it's time to have The Talk.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Maybe you're not ready for exclusivity?

Old 10-11-2016, 01:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Is this a Facebook thread? Anything related to Facebook is stupid, so yes, it is stupid... and not allowed here.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:10 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
As far as how this relates to romantic partners, it as a mutual respect issue.

If a partner does not want their lives broadcasted to an audience it should be respected and boundaries regarding comfort should be discussed.

It doesn't matter how much "someone is in to" anything. What matters is respecting the other enough to know it's not just about you when you are about to make a post publicly to others that involves their interactions.

As far as why some may see this as a negative or unnecessary action to make your relationship status common knowledge.

people who need to inform others of their romantic status are looking for something (somewhat obvious) whether it be personal validation of some kind such as comparing their lives to their peers lives or to tell others of their openness to solicitation.

There has to be an underlining reason for wanting to inform others of something for there to BE information to share.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-11-2016 at 01:24 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 01:33 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I told her from the get go that I'm pretty private and don't do the whole snapchat and instagram stuff that she does. It's a gradual thing for me. Even the tagging makes feel uncomfortable because she likes to add cheesy updates to the pics. I've told her to tone it down and she has until this relationship status thing happened.

Yes, it's too much for me. I have family on there. I don't want to be switching the status back and forth with every girl I meet. That would get out of hand. I need to give it more time.
I totally get your point. I don't let ANYBODY tag me. If I was you, I would shut the whole tag BS down immediately.

But I still think you should come clean on what you want and where you stand in regard of having a real relationship or casual dating. If I was her and my partner is so wishy washy, I would feel insecure. No offense

Old 10-11-2016, 02:53 PM

181 posts, read 192,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I was dating other women when I first met her. I've dropped them all and am focusing more on her.
She seems to be better than the other options you had in dating but something tells me you are not 100% happy or happy yet, maybe you guys need to let it be for awhile and figure out things before updating facebook status.

I am personally a private type of person and would not be using FB to announce to the world about my relationship status changes. I find that intruding and a bit of show off. I also normally don't post million vacation photos or anything that screams "I HAVE A GREAT LIFE AND YOU LOSERS DON'T"

Old 10-11-2016, 03:14 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Those things are kind of like scalps. Indians would ride back from raiding party with one as proof they had won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships