Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 03:30 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
Your whole approach is wrong, most guys don't befriend a girl to have that girl eventually become the girlfriend.
I got married using this approach.

OP, just buck up and start talking to girls, they're just like you, and a lot of them are pretty open minded if you are charming/cute/funny/rich/something redeeming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 03:33 PM

294 posts, read 337,067 times
Expand your social circle.

There are meetup groups that does social activities not necessarily to meet partners but to just to go out spend time with people in general. Maybe expand your hobbies?

Old 10-15-2016, 04:10 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,460 times
Have you thought about taking any anti-anxiety meds? Sometimes this is the only thing that will help.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:08 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you have male friends?
RIght, do you have guy friends? Or is this one of those situations where it's not so much that you're anxious with women, it's that you're anxious around people in general? If you don't have any friends at all, that's a whole other issue.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I am 25 and still don't know any girls as friends or acquaintances. How can I accept the fact I will never get a girlfriend or get married?
I am 25 year old male and I still don't have any female friends or acquaintances as I have too much anxiety to talk to any girl and can only talk to them if they talk to me first. The only girls I have been able to talk to are some tutors I have met and I already lost contact with them. It is clear I will never have female companionship even though I would like to which makes me sad. How can I make myself feel better
This is rather short on detail. Is there something you're not telling us? At 25, you would presumably be working, and meet girls at work, as a first step. In any case, you're going to have to do something about your anxiety. It would be good if you could just start forcing yourself to do things that make you anxious. Failing that, go read some books on the subject. Failing that, find yourself a therapist/counselor. I'm also going to guess that one reason you're anxious is because you feel you have nothing to say. If that's the case, then you also have to start working at keeping up with the world.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:37 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Well first of all, stop thinking that it will never happen. You're only 25, that's ridiculously young. As others have asked, do you not have female coworkers? Don't be so hard on yourself first of all, get some confidence, and don't look at women as if they're some kind of other species. They're people, too. You having anxiety about women is you putting too much ridiculous pressure in yourself.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:49 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
Your whole approach is wrong, most guys don't befriend a girl to have that girl eventually become the girlfriend.
Correct, that's detailed in "Ladder Theory," if OP cares. Waste of valuable time.

Genuinely curious how people get up in the morning with attitude like OP. What, do they think: "Another bright sunny day! Let's see how un-laid I can get today!" ...then carry on with obviously unsuccessful/Beta behaviors?

Step 1 is being open to possibilities, step 1a being "if opportunity does not present, create opportunities!" Always worked fine for me, and I'm no George Clooney. I am, however, presentable personable and successful. Which sort of all flowed together over the decades, deciding "not" to be a loser.

Maybe that's truly Step 1.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
suck it up, if you not 6'4, rich, drive a big black truck or ride a harley, have a beach house, then its time to get a dog

Old 10-15-2016, 08:45 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Correct, that's detailed in "Ladder Theory," if OP cares. Waste of valuable time.

Genuinely curious how people get up in the morning with attitude like OP. What, do they think: "Another bright sunny day! Let's see how un-laid I can get today!" ...then carry on with obviously unsuccessful/Beta behaviors?

Step 1 is being open to possibilities, step 1a being "if opportunity does not present, create opportunities!" Always worked fine for me, and I'm no George Clooney. I am, however, presentable personable and successful. Which sort of all flowed together over the decades, deciding "not" to be a loser.

Maybe that's truly Step 1.
If you start off as friends first there is still a strong possibility you can get placed in the friend zone and be unable to get out

Old 10-15-2016, 08:50 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Why are you scared of girls?

What is the worst case scenario?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships