Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 12:08 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,806 times

Advertisements

I am attractive. Thin, athletic, make 6 figures. I work a lot, about 80 hours a week. I have had advances from clients but always refrain as I am a professional. Which leaves me with not a lot but online dating. I keep my profile and photos very clean, conservative, classy. Yet I always wind up with men trying to hook up with me for sex, sending [inappropriate] pics, etc. I feel like giving up. What should I do? I have been alone so long now it is painful, but refuse to compromise my morals. Should I just admit the times we are living in and be alone?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-15-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 12:25 AM

431 posts, read 98,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I am attractive. Thin, athletic, make 6 figures. I work a lot, about 80 hours a week. I have had advances from clients but always refrain as I am a professional. Which leaves me with not a lot but online dating. I keep my profile and photos very clean, conservative, classy. Yet I always wind up with men trying to hook up with me for sex, sending [inappropriate] pics, etc. I feel like giving up. What should I do? I have been alone so long now it is painful, but refuse to compromise my morals. Should I just admit the times we are living in and be alone?
Hello! What I can do for you? Can I be your girlfriend? Do you have a picture of you? Are you female? Well, then please leave PM to me.

Last edited by volosong; 10-15-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Old 10-15-2016, 12:26 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
I think you need to lower things. You're saying all this about "6 figure income, work 80 hours a week, thin," yada yada yada....

Guys hear this all the time and it makes you sound self-centered and narcissistic! Okay, you're successful. That's all well and good, but don't come off sounding like you're God's gift to mankind.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:26 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,071 times
Quote:
What is your criteria? Money? Looks? Personality? When I hear 35 and single, it makes me think maybe they passed up a lot of good guys along the way looking for mr right.

Last edited by volosong; 10-15-2016 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-15-2016, 01:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Some part of this sounds fishy. The few single women i know that fit your description don't have any problem getting dates with decent men, but always end up rejecting them for a variety of strange (to me) reasons.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:57 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
I am older - have lived through it all - gave up. It seems from what I have read and what people go through now is the same as always, but the process to meet and what many do now, feels worse. And those wanting something serious, seems few.

Also, I was saying somewhere here how it seems that, if one is meant to meet someone or have a long term involvement, it will happen naturally, without forcing it. If not, it may not be in the cards. I am not trying to be negative, it's just that it seems that even if someone does not deserve to, they may have something that appears good and lasting and another who is deserving, can seemingly come up against a brick wall, no matter what. (How is that right?)

Some may think that we make everything happen ourselves, but I don't think so. It's just that sometimes opportunities present themselves, feeling so easy and other times, will appear to be blocked, no matter how we try. I have begun to think it is "all in the cards we're dealt", that it's meant to be or not, whether it has to do with one's soul and Karma or whatever. We are handed different things - having luck, struggles, trials - in order to learn lessons, but on the "Earthly Plane", expectations have always been for all to "expect the same opportunities", and that is part of the frustration and disappointment.

Maybe try focusing upon something else and allow things to flow.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:29 AM

122 posts, read 122,725 times
Quote:
You sounds like a great catch but look at it this way. You work 80 hours a week. There is no room for a relationship. So, if you want one, you need to make some time first.

Then, start with friends of friends first, which requires you to work for it. You have to put some time and efforts in it.

Good luck

Old 10-15-2016, 02:33 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
I'm not sure when you would have time to have a relationship whilst working 80hours a week? OLD can be hit and miss, so you should also try other activities to meet men e.g. Classes, meet ups etc

Also bear in mind that you could be the most attractive person ever, but without a personality to match, it greatly reduces one's appeal.

You shouldn't give up, but you should also be realistic about whether your life allows for a relationship.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:12 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Do you currently work 80 hours/week?

Quote:
Used to be 70-80. Then I cut back on my lifestyle and moved to a more affordable apartment. Best decision I ever made. Now I work about 55, which is a world of difference, especially since I'm on my feet all day.
If I worked 80 hours a week, I wouldn't be doing ANYTHING else. Maybe an hour or two online here or there to decompress, but there's no way I'd be able to actively date. I just wrapped up a contract that had me working 84/week for 2 weeks and I was a mess (I'm 37, for comparison).

If it's 55, that's still a lot, but at least you can see the sun once in a while. Like Shiver asked...what do you prioritize/value in a potential date? I start off skeptical when someone says they can't find ANYBODY, especially when the rest of their life is in order. Sure, it can be hard to find THAT someone, but finding pleasant starter dates that don't instantly devolve into walking cliches shouldn't be TOO difficult.

Sadly, your experience isn't uncommon (and men definitely have their version of stereotypical problems dating women as well), but there are tons of way to get out and meet new people. Not necessarily with the intent to date, but your prospects open up when you're surrounded by other like-minded people. Personally, I've had success in co-ed sports and "classes that aren't really classes", like wine/painting. Maybe look into getting out there and practicing your hobbies with others?

Old 10-15-2016, 07:19 AM

602 posts, read 395,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Hello! What I can do for you? Can I be your girlfriend? Do you have a picture of you? Are you female? Well, then please leave PM to me.
Way to play it cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships