Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 07:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
We will have to agree to disagree about the maturity level of a person who can't even say hello to someone when passing them on the street.

The only person he's hurting is himself. If he handled himself with some dignity, she might introduce him to a friend. You can rest assured that he won't have any dating success with anyone in her social circle, because all her friends will have been warned. It's just as well, he seems unfit for dating anyway.
Why does he need her help anyways? I always thought setting up people on dates was weak anyways. I look at it like this: I wipe my own, I brush my teeth, I get my own dates.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:52 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrank718 View Post
I disagree. Why act like a butthurt child because a woman doesn't want to date you?
It's not being a butthurt child. If he wanted to be just friends with the women he asked out he wouldn't have asked them out.
Quote:
I saw this forum and thought it'd be a good place for a very interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 27 years old and has never had a serious relationship with a woman ever. When I first heard about this, I thought he was a loser but it turns out he is a really good guy, actually he's very intelligent but I have come to see that he is awful when it comes to approaching or starting conversations with women for these reasons:

1. He is very negative and gives up too quick, everytime a woman turns him down he takes it personally and shuns the woman when she wants to be friends. I don't think any woman likes a man who is a baby when she turns him down. Everything is pessimisstic in his eyes and he always sees the bad in asking a woman out.

2. Can't take criticism! Everytime a woman tends to gives him advice on how to approach a woman correctly he gets defensive and feels like they are attacking him. And he wonders why he has been alone and single all his life.

3. Everytime me or someone else tries to set him up on a date with a woman, he acts insulted as if the woman isn't good enough for him.

4. Not willing to put in the work to meet women. Everytime me and my other friends want to go out on the town to have fun and meet women he would rather stay at home, eat junk food, and play video games. He says it's too much work and much harder for a man to meet and be accepted by women than vice versa.

Anyways, if some men are having a tough time getting a girlfriend these could be some reasons that are killing your chances. Add some more if you'd like
Quite frankly it doesn't sound like you even like this guy. Maybe you two should stop being friends if you're going to bad mouth him like this. It would probably be best for the both of you.

Last edited by Ro2113; 10-20-2016 at 08:03 PM..

Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It's not being a butthurt child. If he wanted to be just friends with the women he asked out he wouldn't have asked them out.

Quite frankly it doesn't sound like you even like this guy. Maybe you two should stop being friends if you're going to bad mouth him like this. It would probably be best for the both of you.
I got the same vibe to be honest.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:41 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Quote:
I saw this forum and thought it'd be a good place for a very interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 27 years old and has never had a serious relationship with a woman ever. When I first heard about this, I thought he was a loser but it turns out he is a really good guy, actually he's very intelligent but I have come to see that he is awful when it comes to approaching or starting conversations with women for these reasons:

1. He is very negative and gives up too quick, everytime a woman turns him down he takes it personally and shuns the woman when she wants to be friends. I don't think any woman likes a man who is a baby when she turns him down. Everything is pessimisstic in his eyes and he always sees the bad in asking a woman out.

2. Can't take criticism! Everytime a woman tends to gives him advice on how to approach a woman correctly he gets defensive and feels like they are attacking him. And he wonders why he has been alone and single all his life.

3. Everytime me or someone else tries to set him up on a date with a woman, he acts insulted as if the woman isn't good enough for him.

4. Not willing to put in the work to meet women. Everytime me and my other friends want to go out on the town to have fun and meet women he would rather stay at home, eat junk food, and play video games. He says it's too much work and much harder for a man to meet and be accepted by women than vice versa.

Anyways, if some men are having a tough time getting a girlfriend these could be some reasons that are killing your chances. Add some more if you'd like
Maybe he needs a therapist.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:43 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
What do you mean he "Shuns the woman when she wants to be friends"?

As in the women who rejected him? Well there's one thing he's doing right. If she rejects him, he should shun her friendship. I'm surprised by the sounds of him, he doesn't try being their friend after rejection, by thinking it will get her to change her mind and like him.
There are many reasons why women reject dates. Perhaps he is giving off negative vibes. That's a real turn-off.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:49 PM

17 posts, read 12,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
There are many reasons why women reject dates. Perhaps he is giving off negative vibes. That's a real turn-off.
His vibe is all around negative. Women leave when he comes around because he is so pessimistic about women and dating.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
His vibe is all around negative. Women leave when he comes around because he is so pessimistic about women and dating.
Do you even like this guy? It seems like you just came on here to bash him.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:52 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Do you even like this guy? It seems like you just came on here to bash him.
Pretty much the same feeling I got. It seems like the OP is carrying on like some high school bully.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:55 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Why does he need her help anyways? I always thought setting up people on dates was weak anyways. I look at it like this: I wipe my own, I brush my teeth, I get my own dates.
It's very common to meet someone new through mutual friends. The wider your social circle and friendships, the better your chances. Anyone who is aware of this guys attitude and behavior won't be inviting him anywhere and they will only discourage any of their friends who show an interest in him.

Anyway, it sounds like he is perfectly content to stay home with his video games, so he has made his choice.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
It's very common to meet someone new through mutual friends. The wider your social circle and friendships, the better your chances. Anyone who is aware of this guys attitude and behavior won't be inviting him anywhere and they will only discourage any of their friends who show an interest in him.
That might be what he wants. Why must every man be with a woman? Some people just want to be left alone and maybe he is one of them. As long as he isn't hurting anybody in anyway I see no issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships