Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:28 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I would say chill out and don't think too much about it. Lot of times rumors are just that.
yes..it's just a rumor...leave it at that...or you may prove him right.
Let it go!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 09:13 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Ummmmmm....what kind of "man"?

"The Donald" comes to mind as the poster child for this sort of behavior. Every woman wants him if you believe his shtick.

(The thought of Donald with his clothes off is frightening .....wonder if the pubes are orange too? )

Old 10-25-2016, 10:18 AM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times
You can only conclude that you didn't know him very well, and he turned out to be someone with not a lot of integrity. He also may have been flattering himself, reading more into the friendly chats with you than was there. However, the fact that you began to call him several times a week after you'd been transferred out of his department would have fed into any fantasy he may have had.

That's the one odd thing on your part, if you say it was just a workplace friendship. It's unusual to call someone in another department regularly just to chat and visit by phone. Stopping by a former workplace friend's desk when you happen to have business in that department (as he did) is within the bounds of normal. Calling someone several times/week to chat isn't. And his texting you after work hours is also odd.

So there seems to be more to the story. In any case, in view of his subsequent behavior, it sounds like you haven't lost a "friend". He was never your friend. I suspect he may have developed these workplace "friendships" with women purely for his own ego gratification, for validation of his attractiveness, or whatever. I had a co-worker once who did that. Though the persona he showed everyone was of a nice, friendly guy, underneath it all he was very manipulative and self-serving.

You never know about people. In this case, it sounds like he finally showed you his true colors, for whatever reason.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It sounds to me like he got into hot water with his wife and he therefore had to backpedal and turn this around to point at you, say you were pursuing him and so on. He seems to have gone over the top with this.
This.

His wife was upset, and his response is to pin motives on you. I would write the guy off and act like I never knew him.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:47 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eesha180 View Post
What type of a man would just talk with a woman and then turn around and tell others that hey she likes me, she wants an affair with me. is this a ego boost? is he trying to be a stud among friends? what kind of a mentality makes men do this?
The kind of man who has a woman that keeps calling and bugging him after they don't work together anymore.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:51 AM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
The kind of man who has a woman that keeps calling and bugging him after they don't work together anymore.
Right. I also don't understand why he was texting her after work hours. Or at all. He got in trouble with his wife? Why was he texting a co-worker to begin with? Who risks getting in trouble with a spouse over what were ostensibly friendly workplace exchanges? It doesn't make sense.

I think there was a lot more to this situation than meets the eye.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:53 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
I am curious how many other "work friends" OP calls weekly to chat with. I'm betting less than 1.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:04 AM

122 posts, read 122,725 times
OP, ask yourself this question.

Do you text or communicate like this with your other friends? Do you "SHARE" your food in this manner to other friends?

If you are not doing the same thing to your other friends, then he is your "special" friend or you appear chasing after him.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehighrockies View Post
OP, ask yourself this question.

Do you text or communicate like this with your other friends? Do you "SHARE" your food in this manner to other friends?

If you are not doing the same thing to your other friends, then he is your "special" friend or you appear chasing after him.
It reads pretty mutual. If he was texting her, visiting her at work, etc., I don't see how it's anymore her chasing him than him chasing her.

I think he probably just got in trouble with his wife, who saw him as complicit in the chase.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:05 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Don't get it twisted, this person is not your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships