Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:40 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,926,060 times

Advertisements

There are people out there with who enough is never enough. They need a bigger rush, and that's how they get it. It's an insecurity thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 08:59 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Not sure how old you are, but I'm a millenial myself...I'll be 27 in two months...and thats just something millenial women do.

A few months ago I was dating a girl who I really started to like...but I needed to know I could trust her. We went to dinner at Chili's (her suggestion) and towards the end of our drinks I put $500 on the table. She asked me what it was for, I told her my feelings and that I wanted to be official. I then told her, you're going to let me go through your phone, texts, facebook, instagram, snpachat, etc and if you're not talking to any other guys, you can have the money and we'll be official.

She got nervous, hesitated for a moment and then backed out. That saved me a lot of future time wasted and heartache....and $500

Point is people can't be trusted. Whether your a guy or girl, whoever you're dating will ALWAYS be talking to somebody else. We live in an age where people are constantly looking for a bigger better deal than whoever we are with. When they find that, they'll just walk out of your life so easily and effortlessly as if you never existed

Sad but true and that's why I am single, people simply can't be trusted
Man, DavieJ89, you are efficient. That's a whole lot of effed up for just 27.

Regarding the OP, you seem to want to convince us that women are pretty bad. Not with the barb wired bat the poster above is taking to the topic, but still, you have your evidence and you seem to want to believe that most women are blatant and remorseless cheaters, and of course liars then when they get busted. I;m not sure if you're motivated from being hurt recently, which would be a bit understandable, or you're DavieJ89 lite.

In case you're just hurting, the real truth here is that most people are really pretty OK. None are perfect and a few are pretty rotten, but most mean well.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:20 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,092 times
Quote:
A few months ago I was dating a girl who I really started to like...but I needed to know I could trust her. We went to dinner at Chili's (her suggestion) and towards the end of our drinks I put $500 on the table. She asked me what it was for, I told her my feelings and that I wanted to be official. I then told her, you're going to let me go through your phone, texts, facebook, instagram, snpachat, etc and if you're not talking to any other guys, you can have the money and we'll be official.
This has no logic. To begin, if you are not yet "official" as you say then why should she not be talking to other guys? Maybe she thinks you are still talking to other ladies. You are the first one to mention "official," and if she says "yes I will date only you" then you can worry about cheating and talking to other guys. You cannot complain about other guys before "official." You also should give her a chance to tell other guys "I am sorry but we cannot go out anymore. I picked someone for a boyfriend." I had to do that a couple of times.

Second, if she is not talking to other guys, that is today. What about tomorrow? What is to stop her from showing you her phone and things, taking your money, and then breaking off with you tomorrow? Then you are out a lady who was dating only you and might have liked you too until you did this craziness AND you are missing $500. Here, I will show you my phone and tell you you are the only one and go shopping tonight and say goodbye tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:13 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astaticullaby View Post
I still dont see how someone could act like that though. Like thats being a horrible person
Some people are horrible. Part of the point of being in relationships is to gain experience so that you learn how to spot people who are horrible people.

Obviously, by that point in time you did not know how to do that. With more experience, most people can begin to be better judges of character.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Not sure how old you are, but I'm a millenial myself...I'll be 27 in two months...and thats just something millenial women do.

She got nervous, hesitated for a moment and then backed out. That saved me a lot of future time wasted and heartache....and $500

Point is people can't be trusted. Whether your a guy or girl, whoever you're dating will ALWAYS be talking to somebody else. We live in an age where people are constantly looking for a bigger better deal than whoever we are with. When they find that, they'll just walk out of your life so easily and effortlessly as if you never existed

Sad but true and that's why I am single, people simply can't be trusted
She probably go nervous because, for most women, what you did would have been a huge red flag that the guy is insecure, jealous, and controlling.

Maybe you are single because of that.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
i literally have caught girls cheating red handed and they deny it and then turn it on me saying "you dont trust me!"

i had a ex go on a date with another guy (We were in a relationship at the time of course) and she said "he was just a friend taking me out for dinner to be nice" i asked where she met him and she said "tinder"

just lol
I guess experience isn't teaching you how to be a better judge of character.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:37 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Yes well my heart has been smashed a few times from when you remember me. I still am and honest and decent person. But if I'm going to be with somebody I need to know I can trust them, and since my last relationship ended in April 2014, the female species has not given me a reason why I should.

I don't care what that girl tells people because I will never see her again, I stand by my statements.

And of course you see nothing wrong with what YOU did in your scenario.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
No point to it at all, if you make bad choices.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:39 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
I still dont see how someone could act like that though. Like thats being a horrible person
Don't even try to figure it out...it is what it is...it's not uncommon..realize there's lots of people like her out there...maybe more than not.
But also remember there are a lot of good, kind, compassionate people out there, and don't let the rotten apple spoil the whole barrel for you.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
And of course you see nothing wrong with what YOU did in your scenario.
No I don't, as I said I was making sure all grounds are covered. I'm extremely guarded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships