Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 03:17 PM

854 posts, read 519,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Enjoy & let us know how it goes!
You bet. Don't call the cops until Saturday if you've not heard anything lol. I'm sure worst case scenario he will hate me and find me too shy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 03:45 PM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
You bet. Don't call the cops until Saturday if you've not heard anything lol. I'm sure worst case scenario he will hate me and find me too shy.
He won't hate you. Just ask him a few questions about himself and let him talk. People like to talk about themselves. Don't fiddle around with your hands and don't avoid eye contact but don't stare him down either

Good luck and report back, please!

Old 10-26-2016, 03:59 PM

854 posts, read 519,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
He won't hate you. Just ask him a few questions about himself and let him talk. People like to talk about themselves. Don't fiddle around with your hands and don't avoid eye contact but don't stare him down either

Good luck and report back, please!
I'm REALLY bad at eye contact and I tend to play with my hair when I'm anxious. I'll just staple my hands to the table and try harder with the eye contact thing.

Thanks again. All of you.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:03 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,536,651 times
Absolutely GO for it! You might not work out to be a couple, but if you do enjoy and good luck!

I just read the above about your trouble with eye contact. I find it VERY important with anyone. If a person doesn't look me in the eye, they are either not to be trusted or have no self confidence. TRY hard to look at him when either of you are talking. It's SO important IMO.

Playing with your hair is no biggie.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:06 PM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times
Quote:
I'm REALLY bad at eye contact and I tend to play with my hair when I'm anxious. I'll just staple my hands to the table and try harder with the eye contact thing.

Thanks again. All of you.
Listen, he already saw your picture(s) so you KNOW he is attracted to you. The first round is passed if you wanna say it like that. You have nothing to lose so just be yourself and relax.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:07 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,098 times
Quote:
An older man could certainly fill that role. Age is just a number anyway, agree?
Yes, I agree.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:59 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,219,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That is a good point in the retirement part.

I worked with a guy in his late 40's early 50's and his wife is 12 yrs older and has been retired for a few years, she had some sweet retirement deal or something from her last employer, but yeah, it would suck to be stuck in the corporate grind while your spouse was busy doing fun things, anything would be fun other than the work grind.
It's more than that. It's also the whole financial planning thing. At age 58 with only 7 or 8 work years left, financial decisions about spending versus saving & investing are far different from when you're 38 with 25+ work years ahead of you.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:36 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,716,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I don't think anyone will tell you they feel at 53 just like they did at 32, even if they are really healthy. That's just not realistic. They may have some areas where they have improved physical fitness, but they will have some areas where their recovery time might not be as great and where certain tasks are more difficult due to their age.
I agree with the last part, but that doesn't mean they (and others) still can't see themselves as much younger. That is my personal experience.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:45 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,788,824 times
Quote:
I talk to a few people on dating sites, but it never really gets anywhere. I'm 32 and most of the people that message me are younger. I've been talking to a 53 year old guy who lives locally for the last 2 weeks or so. We finally spoke on the phone last night and clicked really well. He has a grown daughter but is long divorced. He treats me with respect and has even been there for me during the rather rough time that I'm going through. We are going to meet up sometime this weekend. It'll be the first time I've met anyone from a dating site in a long time.

As for the age difference, it's not a big deal to me. I'm not sure why older men are often shunned when he has treated me with more respect than guys my age or younger usually do. He has a good job and is emotionally stable (unlike me) and is good looking for his age.

I think it could be very healthy, even if we are just friends for now. If I bring anyone into my life they need to be a stabilizing influence. An older man could certainly fill that role. Age is just a number anyway, agree?
Thank God for women like you. Thats all I can say!

Old 10-27-2016, 03:53 PM

735 posts, read 451,845 times
20 years is not a big deal if he's active, healthy, and loves you/makes you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships