Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:30 PM

102,105 posts, read 107,284,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Its really quite simple.

Based on basic stats, there are supposedly more men than women among 25-35 crowd. But what makes it a real bummer is that there are WAY too many single mothers. And it makes sense. When couples split up the mothers typically take the kids while dads pay their way out and easily re-enter the dating pool.

It seems like a third of women online these days are carrying baggage from prior relationships. Which means that attractive women without kids end up getting the most attention and there is probably 5 comparably good looking guys for every attractive woman.

Any thoughts? The numbers are complete guesses, but you get the idea..
I know quite a few single, child-free, thin, youthful middle-aged women whom none of those guys you're concerned about are approaching. That has a lot to do with why dating is harder for middle-aged men. They make it hard for themselves. There are plenty of child-free single women out there, if that's what they want. But they seem to want a whole lot more than just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:36 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,888,467 times
Quote:
Its really quite simple.

Based on basic stats, there are supposedly more men than women among 25-35 crowd. But what makes it a real bummer is that there are WAY too many single mothers. And it makes sense. When couples split up the mothers typically take the kids while dads pay their way out and easily re-enter the dating pool.

It seems like a third of women online these days are carrying baggage from prior relationships. Which means that attractive women without kids end up getting the most attention and there is probably 5 comparably good looking guys for every attractive woman.

Any thoughts? The numbers are complete guesses, but you get the idea..
How is dating harder for middle aged men?

Are you talking about men who are divorced and have kids themselves? Seems like it should be no problem for them because, as you said, there are plenty of single moms available that they can relate with because they are in equivalent situations.

Or are you talking about single, never married men with no kids? Not really harder for them either. They are going to have a separate pool of single, never married women with no kids.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,386,110 times
I think, "They make it hard for themselves," is really the reality.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:54 PM

511 posts, read 400,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know quite a few single, child-free, thin, youthful middle-aged women whom none of those guys you're concerned about are approaching. That has a lot to do with why dating is harder for middle-aged men. They make it hard for themselves. There are plenty of child-free single women out there, if that's what they want. But they seem to want a whole lot more than just that.
Wow, that doesn't make any sense to me. If they were here in Phoenix, I would have shot them a message!

Old 10-27-2016, 02:59 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,263,579 times
Quote:
I said a THEORY. I am not speaking the ultimate truth. Thats why posted this - so that other bitter folks could come on here and express how much of an a##hole I really am.
...if the shoe fits...

Old 10-27-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Evidently, when couples with kids split up, it only produces a glut of single mothers. Not single fathers. It's like magic.
Precisely. My friend is a single dad and he's looking for a woman in a similar place and he has as hard of a time getting dates as myself. I figures it'd be easier for single parents as they approach 40. Lot more of them than us childless folk.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Wow, that doesn't make any sense to me. If they were here in Phoenix, I would have shot them a message!
Good for you, Polymath! There must be women like that around Phx, and suburbs....?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good for you, Polymath! There must be women like that around Phx, and suburbs....?
There are women who fit that description, yes. Do they reply? No. I'm not good enough, apparently.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
There are women who fit that description, yes. Do they reply? No. I'm not good enough, apparently.
Aww! Maybe try a professionally-photog'd pic? Try a couple of different OLD sites?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:30 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,338,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, I dont think 25-30 is middle aged.
I think for every single mother there is a single father, maybe several.
If a couple does not have shared visitation, father generally gets the kids on weekend when people normally go on dates.
If by baggage you mean kids, again for every single mother there is a single father or fathers.
U
I think I dont understand how your theory results in dating being harder for middle age men.
OP apparently only plans to live 50-60 years, so he's already middle aged by his personal measure. With the choices many of his peers make, he may be onto something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships