Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 06:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Would be awesome.
Ooooohhhhhhh yay!!!!

I'll be gentle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 07:16 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done38 View Post
The answer is because a few women on here approach men or did it once in their life it means all women do it.
Exactly! Typical CD logic.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:19 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,095,522 times
I've had issues with self confidence and awkwardness in social situations most of my life (25 yo) and generally not putting myself out there and in situations where I get to know women and women get to know me, and I'm pretty average looking.

I'm still pretty sure at least a few girls in college have shown interest in me. Like smiling and talking to me without me doing the same to them first. I didn't reciprocate most of the time, because I had my eyes on different girls but didn't have the confidence to make a move with them. Generally it didn't go beyond being friendly towards me but there was one girl that offered going to a nightclub which is not necessarily a date since that's not really a 1 on 1 activity but pretty damn close.

So if we're just talking about women approaching men, as opposed to blatantly flirting or asking them out, I would say that they do. Of course not all of them, and certainly not all of them towards you, and how many would depend on how much of a reason you give them for being interested.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:23 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
The answer is because a few women on here approach men or did it once in their life it means all women do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Exactly! Typical CD logic.
Hmmm...

Men are the more...ahem... "assertive" groups and not all men approach women. So of course not all women would approach men.

And I don't recall anyone saying that all women approach. Now I do recall at least one post that said that the majority of women approach... ok.

But I could go all day on CD logic...

Old 12-14-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
I've had issues with self confidence and awkwardness in social situations most of my life (25 yo) and generally not putting myself out there and in situations where I get to know women and women get to know me, and I'm pretty average looking.

I'm still pretty sure at least a few girls in college have shown interest in me. Like smiling and talking to me without me doing the same to them first. I didn't reciprocate most of the time, because I had my eyes on different girls but didn't have the confidence to make a move with them. Generally it didn't go beyond being friendly towards me but there was one girl that offered going to a nightclub which is not necessarily a date since that's not really a 1 on 1 activity but pretty damn close.

So if we're just talking about women approaching men, as opposed to blatantly flirting or asking them out, I would say that they do. Of course not all of them, and certainly not all of them towards you, and how many would depend on how much of a reason you give them for being interested.
I can relate. I'm not the most confident person in the world. I am also increasingly withdrawn lately(dealing with some personal issues right now).

Old 12-14-2016, 08:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Hmmm...

Men are the more...ahem... "assertive" groups and not all men approach women. So of course not all women would approach men.

And I don't recall anyone saying that all women approach. Now I do recall at least one post that said that the majority of women approach... ok.

"Not all men approach women" That part of your comment struck me because I'm that type of guy who barely approaches women.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:43 PM

74 posts, read 49,585 times
Quote:
Hmmm...

If you are going to beat around the bush there is no point in discussing this, I know what was said in this thread and I won't sugar coat it like some of you.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
If you are going to beat around the bush there is no point in discussing this, I know what was said in this thread and I won't sugar coat it like some of you.
So don't discuss it then. No need to get mad at me. If your love life sucks, that ain't my fault. I'm just here to have a fun conversation, that's it. But oh, right. This approach crap is so life and death

Let's try this: Guys, if you want something, GO GET IT!!! Don't sit around waiting for that one thing you want to just pop up on your lap.

The same goes for women.

One common reason so many people wind up living bitter and unfulfilled lives is because they just sit around with their thumbs in their mouths whining like-----s because that one woman, job, what have you didn't just spontaneously appear on their laps

If you want something and you're too lazy, spineless to go for it, then frankly, you don't deserve it. So no need to be bitter if you don't get it.

Life 101. If you want something, go get it.

Here it is. Point blank. No bush. I never voted for George, anyway.

Either put up, or shut up.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 12-14-2016 at 10:15 PM..

Old 12-14-2016, 10:06 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,480 times
I like traditional gender roles so wouldn't approach men.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
"Not all men approach women" That part of your comment struck me because I'm that type of guy who barely approaches women.
I'm the same way. In fact, I was refering to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships