Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree. I don't, the women in my family don't, and neither do my friends. I'd like to add, even if it was true it doesn't matter, it's a petty first world issue at best. I'm not complaining.
You don't???

If you look anywhere as good... as good as the picture on your profile, then you are fortunate, blessed to not get bothered so much. I don't know how anyone who do gets a lot of approaches handles it... (especially with the pushy ones).

(Yes, I said it twice, because you look that good)

Make a brother stutter.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 12-19-2016 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Goof Up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 09:59 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly. Any even mildly average woman without a hunchback, unmedicated Tourette's Syndrome or suppurating facial sores must kick men out of the way like a giant marble ball knocking down pins every time she opens the front door to grab her mail. I am sorry. Obviously you are a troglodyte, old (greater than 24) and have seven kids with six babydaddies because you accidentally recycled one of the men instead of deliberately sleeping around like all feminists do.

How about getting plastic surgery and if possible, growing younger and more obviously fertile? Then some absolute utter loser might settle for you. I have an appointment with the Ring of Power tomorrow at but I hear they have an opening at 9? Meet me there, my ugly sister!!
Hmm...I am intrigued by your ideas and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
You don't???

If you look anywhere as good as good as the picture on your profile, then you are fortunate, blessed. I don't know how anyone who do gets a lot of approaches handles it... (especially with the pushy ones).

Make a brother stutter.
And a bloke as well!

Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedx02 View Post
And of course all of the men who approached were millionaire philanthropists who stopped by to say hello after their GQ photoshoots, right?

That's the thing that always confuses me about the leap in logic (and I've seen it a few times on here) of "any woman worth her salt has tons of men talking to her; therefore, why would she be talking to me?" I can probably count on one hand the number of times one of my female friends has told me about someone walking up to her out of the blue, or I've seen it myself in person, and the context wasn't "wow, this dude is really annoying and/or creepy." So yeah, even among the women who get plenty of attention in their day-to-day lives, the vast majority of it is probably not in a good way.
I ain't a millionaire, but I had an ambush photoshoot for Macy's LOL!!!

But yeah, it seems like a significant portion of the approaches that people get are very uncomfortable, intrusive, and as you said, creepy. (For instance, a stranger starting off asking a personal question. "where do you live...)

Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
You don't???

If you look anywhere as good as good as the picture on your profile, then you are fortunate, blessed. I don't know how anyone who do gets a lot of approaches handles it... (especially with the pushy ones).

Make a brother stutter.
I appreciate the compliment Teige...BUT I'll give you a play by play of what ACTUALLY happens when I go out:

My friends and I go out quite a bit when we're at school, and we go to the mall a lot.

One day in particular, we went to see a friend who worked there but he didn't get off for a while. We walked through the entire mall, and what I notice is that guys DO look but they don't say anything. So this notion that we get hounded is just simply not true. I'm sure some guys may WANT to approach but the don't for various reasons.

The type of person I am, I assume most guys are involved with someone due to my own personal experiences. I'm not complaining though. When I go somewhere I really just want to handle my business and leave.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:14 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
One thing I have not seen mentioned is how women often need a bit more time to develop attraction for a man. At least I do. I need to hear a man speak, watch him walk, smell him, get an idea of what type of person he is before my attraction kicks in. In other words, I need to be sold.

While it seems that for most men attraction is immediate. So in my case, men simply noticed me and felt motivated to approach before they were ever on my radar.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, I can't tell you when the last time I was actually asked out while out was out and about. I leave the house fairly often, so by this board's logic I must be a hideous toad, right?
Awww, with a kiss from the right person, you'll become a princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Same here. My last approach was around 3 years ago, while I was working. Some random guy rides over on a bike while I was outside, and asks for my number -without even telling me his name, we don't know each other, and hadn't talked for 5 min. If I am out with someone, they may tell me a guy is staring at me. But staring =/= approaching. And plenty of people stare at me. Other girls and children do that, because for some reason my complexion is fascinating to many around here.

So I guess the 3 of us are like this "lady."
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...3_original.png
Oh, he did that whole bike game wrong. He need to give up his bike. I ride a bike...That's not how you do it. As far as staring. I think everyone stares at everyone. But 3 years since last approach? That is really good. Sounds like you're in a good area.

Quote:
Exactly. Any even mildly average woman without a hunchback, unmedicated Tourette's Syndrome or suppurating facial sores must kick men out of the way like a giant marble ball knocking down pins every time she opens the front door to grab her mail. I am sorry. Obviously you are a troglodyte, old (greater than 24) and have seven kids with six babydaddies because you accidentally recycled one of the men instead of deliberately sleeping around like all feminists do.

How about getting plastic surgery and if possible, growing younger and more obviously fertile? Then some absolute utter loser might settle for you. I have an appointment with the Ring of Power tomorrow at but I hear they have an opening at 9? Meet me there, my ugly sister!!
LOL,I'm picturing this whole thing with the woman kicking men out of the way.

A good track to go along with this would be "Move B****!!!" by Ludacris.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:21 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I appreciate the compliment Teige...BUT I'll give you a play by play of what ACTUALLY happens when I go out:

My friends and I go out quite a bit when we're at school, and we go to the mall a lot.

One day in particular, we went to see a friend who worked there but he didn't get off for a while. We walked through the entire mall, and what I notice is that guys DO look but they don't say anything. So this notion that we get hounded is just simply not true. I'm sure some guys may WANT to approach but the don't for various reasons.

The type of person I am, I assume most guys are involved with someone due to my own personal experiences. I'm not complaining though. When I go somewhere I really just want to handle my business and leave.

You know, getting back to a bit more seriousness here...I agree with this, actually. Guys do look. I never took that to mean I was special and/or they "wanted" me, though, due to what Aurelia ^ is saying here. It seems (seems...I don't know for sure) that it's more a case of: guys seem to tend to just look around and check women out overall in a visual way as a sort of natural thing without necessarily thinking of them as someone to ask out.

If that makes sense.

So...that's still not an approach and it may not even be interest beyond "nice (whatevers)" or...whatever.

I don't know, just a thought. Anyway, the bottom line is that it would be nice to think getting looks means we're attractive but I just don't think of it that way because it appears so indiscriminate and sort of cold/assessing.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
One thing I have not seen mentioned is how women often need a bit more time to develop attraction for a man. At least I do. I need to hear a man speak, watch him walk, smell him, get an idea of what type of person he is before my attraction kicks in. In other words, I need to be sold.

While it seems that for most men attraction is immediate. So in my case, men simply noticed me and felt motivated to approach before they were ever on my radar.
I think it just depends on the person. There are some men that take their time to develop attraction too at least I do.

Because I run into women that have fallen head over heals for someone as well at first sight.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
You know, getting back to a bit more seriousness here...I agree with this, actually. Guys do look. I never took that to mean I was special and/or they "wanted" me, though, due to what Aurelia ^ is saying here. It seems (seems...I don't know for sure) that it's more a case of: guys seem to tend to just look around and check women out overall in a visual way as a sort of natural thing without necessarily thinking of them as someone to ask out.

If that makes sense.

So...that's still not an approach and it may not even be interest beyond "nice (whatevers)" or...whatever.

I don't know, just a thought. Anyway, the bottom line is that it would be nice to think getting looks means we're attractive but I just don't think of it that way because it appears so indiscriminate and sort of cold/assessing.
I've never equated staring to an approach. If that's what staring means to some people, then I wonder how they would take an actual approach...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships