Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 11:58 PM

466 posts, read 313,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, that last line (except for the hyperbole of "melodramatic") reads to me like, "Why go on that stupid rollercoaster? Just walk to the other side of the building it's in and voila, you're there...at the exit, where you were going to wind up anyway" or "Why watch a whole long movie with all the twists and turns? Just read a one paragraph summary and there you go, now you know the ending without all that silly time wasting in between."

I have to say that I agree with StarPaladin because getting into a relationship with another human being is no joke. Sometimes women and men should put the flirting aside and figure out what they want and be upfront about it. My approach to women would be as such: Walk up to her and say "Hi do you mind if I sit here?" If she says no then I carry on to saying "how are you"? Then from there I would proceed to talk with her cheerfully and after I notice we are smoothly carrying a conversation I would then ask her for her number and get straight to the point. I notice this is effective for women who have no intentions on playing games however sometimes I fail with the woman saying I have a boyfriend" or with her saying she doesn't have a number which 9/10 is a lie but I then ask her for her instagram or facebook. My whole idea on the matter is that if you want to be with a guy or women stop with the guessing games or aka rollercoaster rides and get straight to the point. Relationships should be about building with another person so may have a brighter future together but you don't want to make it into a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 12:22 AM

48,339 posts, read 34,466,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
I have to say that I agree with StarPaladin because getting into a relationship with another human being is no joke.

It may not be a joke, but there should be some joy in the whole thing.

I don't think I would have been interested in someone who didn't feel the same.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-07-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It may not be a joke, but there should be some joy in the whole thing.

I don't think I would have been interested in someone who didn't feel the same.
Joy is one thing but having a person play a role in the interaction with many cues is not good for the person who is truly trying to get to know you. This is the same bad habit many do when ineracting with others, they show little interest so they don't appear to be desperate. People even go further by saying wait hours or days before responding to a woman or man you like. These are silly behaviors that are seen as the proper way to be which is another reason why I have gotten so many numbers but women seem to drift off. I know they like the challenge of playing the game but I'm a grown man and if I like you, you will know without a shadow of a doubt and if I'm to real for you...

Old 12-07-2016, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Joy is one thing but having a person play a role in the interaction with many cues is not good for the person who is truly trying to get to know you. This is the same bad habit many do when ineracting with others, they show little interest so they don't appear to be desperate. People even go further by saying wait hours or days before responding to a woman or man you like. These are silly behaviors that are seen as the proper way to be which is another reason why I have gotten so many numbers but women seem to drift off. I know they like the challenge of playing the game but I'm a grown man and if I like you, you will know without a shadow of a doubt and if I'm to real for you...

My comment was in response to you saying flirting should be put aside.

Flirting is awesome. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes it doesn't.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
My comment was in response to you saying flirting should be put aside.

Flirting is awesome. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes it doesn't.
Of course it is as long as it's not turning into a cat and mouse game. I love flirting with a girl I'm interested in but much rather be kissing her and holding her up against a wall and having her enjoy me... Being involved versus playing game, I'll take hands on for a 100!

Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Of course it is as long as it's not turning into a cat and mouse game. I love flirting with a girl I'm interested in but much rather be kissing her and holding her up against a wall and having her enjoy me... Being involved versus playing game, I'll take hands on for a 100!
So you equate game playing with flirting?

Old 12-07-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
So you equate game playing with flirting?
yes in many circumstances. Ex. Girl flirts with you and you flirt back, you both are smiling and teasing at one another. Now towards the end of it all she tells you I have a boyfriend but thanks for the night. I was flirting with you because I liked you and I wanted to build our relationship as opposed to wasting time due to you not wanting to be with anyway because you knew were taken but you wanted the attention. Things of that nature can make or break relationships because in other scenarios the man could have ended up having sex or being in a relationship with the girl because she fell for him through the art of flirtation knowing she has a man. In other cases women do it just for the sole purpose of building their ego when they are truly not interested. Now if you are interested and single then I'm all for it, I'll flirt with you Mikala43 but other than that don't waste my time. You understand what I mean?

Old 12-07-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
yes in many circumstances. Ex. Girl flirts with you and you flirt back, you both are smiling and teasing at one another. Now towards the end of it all she tells you I have a boyfriend but thanks for the night. I was flirting with you because I liked you and I wanted to build our relationship as opposed to wasting time due to you not wanting to be with anyway because you knew were taken but you wanted the attention. Things of that nature can make or break relationships because in other scenarios the man could have ended up having sex or being in a relationship with the girl because she fell for him through the art of flirtation knowing she has a man. In other cases women do it just for the sole purpose of building their ego when they are truly not interested. Now if you are interested and single then I'm all for it, I'll flirt with you Mikala43 but other than that don't waste my time. You understand what I mean?
I don't think people should flirt with people they are not interested in or flirt when they are not available.

It is possible to flirt with someone to discover later you have no interest.

I have to admit I have never been dating when I have had a specific goal in mind, like a LTR.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I don't think people should flirt with people they are not interested in or flirt when they are not available.

It is possible to flirt with someone to discover later you have no interest.

I have to admit I have never been dating when I have had a specific goal in mind, like a LTR.
I'm glad you feel like that dear. I agree as well which is why I am a firm believer that people who flirt should be available as you said. I respect you a lot Mikala, Now I think we are on the same page

Old 12-07-2016, 01:24 AM

74 posts, read 49,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Way to completely miss the point. Are you denying that women flirt as a way to show they are interested?

That is how women "approach," for the purposes of this topic. And almost every woman does it, making the OP's question moot.

And what the **** is THIS nonsense? Your "heart exploded" that one time you approached a woman and it didn't work out?

Holy christ. Get help.
Wow you know nothing about me and talk down on my situation like its nothing, I have nothing more to say to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships