Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 12:26 AM

466 posts, read 314,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by done38 View Post
Wow you know nothing about me and talk down on my situation like its nothing, I have nothing more to say to you.
You're "done" with him lol no pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 12:29 AM

74 posts, read 49,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
You're "done" with him lol no pun intended.
You can't waste time talking to people like that, it's best to put them on ignore and call it a day.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:44 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,573,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some probably do, but I think others say one thing, like expressing their belief that men should make the first move, but their behavior in reality sometimes contradicts that. Theory is one thing; reality is a different ballgame, that's what I mean.

For example, there's the whole thing about approaching the guy, hovering around him, dropping hints, but letting him think it was all his idea. There's that mentality that comes up on this forum, right? Well, that arose due to women believing men should make the first move, when in reality behaving differently from their stated belief. By nudging the guy into making a move, they get to maintain their belief system, and the guy gets to maintain his--that guys are the ones who make things happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This is where many women are slick they choose the man and let them think the man chose them. It's genius
i dont think its that genius. i've probably been in a situation where a fly woman was hovering around me waiting for me to strike up conversation but i didnt. i guess we both just miss out.
Quote:
That sounds like a lot of work for something so simple as "hey would you like to go out sometime," .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's been going on since time immemorial, though. With such a deeply-ingrained belief system, quite a few women view it as easier, actually, then coming out and asking a guy out or asking for a number. Plus, there's all the guys who say they don't like being approached by women, and/or think less of a woman if she approaches. So women feel they have to be subtle. It's just part of the mating game, the ritual. Woman smiles and bats her eyes, man notices, and takes it from there. Or some variation of that cliché.
do a majority of men not like women who approach; or are a majority of men apathetic about women who approach; my thinking is that a majority of men like it when the woman initiates the approach.
?

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 12-07-2016 at 09:03 AM..

Old 12-07-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
That sounds like a lot of work for something so simple as "hey would you like to go out sometime," .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes and no. I think for some people, it's like a dance. It's enjoyable.

I mean there are extremes. But a *little* flirting v. coming right out with it is exciting.

I can't see walking up to a guy robotically saying, "I felt a pheromone response which appears to be both emotional and physical, at least at the outset, so I feel it would only make sense for the two of us to have a date. Please withdraw your phone so we can check our calendars for a mutually convenient time to meet" and then again I can't see a thousand twists and turns and behind-the-scenes getting your friends in on it subterfuge like teenagers do. There's something in the middle that is fun, feels good and actually, allows you to learn quite a bit about the person ahead of time, just based on his responses and actions and yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You've never heard of flirting? That's all we are talking about. And it is FAR from work, it's tons of fun, even if nothing comes out of it.

But since you are determined to never speak to a woman, you'll never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It IS fun. And it's not useless, as some seem to feel, and it's not a time-waster. Rather, it shows both of you that there is chemistry and gives a peek into the playfulness or seriousness level of your personalities, among other things. Flirting does a lot...in addition to the tingles.

This isn't a business transaction. We're not attempting to close a deal in order to get our December numbers up. It's a relationship (potentially). It's emotional and sexual, not just mental/logical. So it involves emotional/sexual actions.
its kinda' hard to think of something clever to say to a women that wont make you seem like a bumbling fool. why i rarely speak to strangers. but to a lot of folks talking about nothing serious is fun and natural.

maybe start with:
lady: nice watch, my friend has a collection that he keeps in their box so i notice watches a lot.
me: thanx, i made it myself
lady: really, thats amazing. are you a watch maker ?
me: (laughing) no i'm kidding, it was a gift; my uncle got it as a gift because he was the best man at a wedding so he gave it to me because i was the best man at his wedding.

if women initiated more often there would be 50 % more dates in the world.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Sometimes because we want to see enough intestinal fortitude in men to at least come up and talk to someone they find attractive. We do not bite, I assure you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sure you do. A man can work up the courage to go talk to a stranger and she cuts him down with just a single glance or negative body language. That bites indeed.
we get our feelings hurt sometimes when we get turned down for a date; women earn 20% less on average for the same job. its an even trade (j/k).

Old 12-07-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
its kinda' hard to think of something clever to say to a women that wont make you seem like a bumbling fool. why i rarely speak to strangers. but to a lot of folks talking about nothing serious is fun and natural.

maybe start with:
lady: nice watch, my friend has a collection that he keeps in their box so i notice watches a lot.
me: thanx, i made it myself
lady: really, thats amazing. are you a watch maker ?
me: (laughing) no i'm kidding, it was a gift; my uncle got it as a gift because he was the best man at a wedding so he gave it to me because i was the best man at his wedding.

if women initiated more often there would be 50 % more dates in the world.
You're wasting your breath it seems like women are more concerned with being the women from a thousand years ago when it comes to initiating than actually getting dates. You are one hundred percent right though.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:46 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
You're wasting your breath it seems like women are more concerned with being the women from a thousand years ago when it comes to initiating than actually getting dates. You are one hundred percent right though.
1000 years ago? No, I don't think many women are trying to continue the tradition of marrying who their Dad told them to and being considered property.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-07-2016, 09:51 AM

602 posts, read 395,928 times
a good deal of women have said here that they do initiate... and a good deal of men on here said they'd never go out with a woman who initiated. So who's really stuck in the dark ages here?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
1000 years ago? No, I don't think many women are trying to continue the tradition of marrying who their Dad told them to and being considered property.
Why do the women here keep bringing up what men did since the beginning, what does that have to do with today?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:54 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Why do you continue to talk to us women when you don't want to?

So many questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships