Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 03:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I hear and believe your experience. At the same time, I RARELY have given anything other than the most perfunctory smile as a single person to a man unless I was prepared for him thinking just what you did. I don't know why your experiences turned out differently from that, but at the same time, what did you lose just by being friendly?
I think what he was trying to say that it is not good to assume that a smile meant anything other than friendliness. I think he was talking about the mindset and not approaching someone. At least that is what I get out of it.

I myself have a lot of women smile at me and it does not mean anything other than, hello. Heck, I had women go out of the way to chat me up, caress me, hold doors open for me, Kiss me all over, etc. and have it all be just friendliness, lol.
wtaf?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oddly enough, it's the skid-row types who seem to have no inhibitions. I think most women get approached by this type in certain parts of town, in their younger years. It has nothing to do with how the present themselves.
These skid row types even approach men. I myself have to brush off at least one advance from these types of guys every week.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:17 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
What.... Where do you women meet these men?! It seems like dbags have the confidence to approach now.
Well I live in a very small town. Population is 900. So not a very large pool in the first place. A larger city would probably get many more normal options. Small towns aren't known for diversity and TONS of decent options. Some creepers, older already-married people, and junkies, sure. Plenty of those.

Never anything bad, just creepy.

Worst case, is when I was working, and getting ready for opening. And a guy (supply guy) felt it'd be perfectly normal to walk up to me, and just stand beside me -staring right in my face. No subtly about it period. And turn to ask him if I was supposed to know him. He laughed and walked away. Then before he got ready to leave, he saw me again, and stood in the doorway staring again for a few min. before calling out to me to say goodbye.

And another guy who approaches me on the street to ask for my number, when he hasn't even told me his name, and we have never spoken before.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:22 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I'm the same way.

If I simply waited around for a woman to approach and show interest in me, I'm near 100% certain I'd be single forever - LOL

I'm simply not the kind of guy that women are going to out of their way to approach (even if I look approachable, happy, etc.). I'm not saying I'm ugly. I'm average to decent looking, usually dress well, smell nice, etc. But, I don't have the height or looks to generate approaches from women. Have to make things happen.
If you were in some group activities where women could get to know you over time, and have some casual conversations with you, you could get approached. Or sought out for more frequent conversations, leaving the actual decisive "move" to you. That's one way it happens.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I think what he was trying to say that it is not good to assume that a smile meant anything other than friendliness. I think he was talking about the mindset and not approaching someone. At least that is what I get out of it.

I myself have a lot of women smile at me and it does not mean anything other than, hello. Heck, I had women go out of the way to chat me up, caress me, hold doors open for me, Kiss me all over, etc. and have it all be just friendliness, lol.
wtaf?!
Exactly my point. Now whenever a woman smiles at me I will smile back but that is it. I have asked women out who smiled at me and they acted insulted I even came around them. Lesson learned.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you were in some group activities where women could get to know you over time, and have some casual conversations with you, you could get approached. Or sought out for more frequent conversations, leaving the actual decisive "move" to you. That's one way it happens.
That's true except a lot of my hobbies don't include women or they aren't interested in them such as astronomy, comic books, video game clubs, and more.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:53 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,027,255 times
Quote:
Exactly my point. Now whenever a woman smiles at me I will smile back but that is it. I have asked women out who smiled at me and they acted insulted I even came around them. Lesson learned.
You have been equally rude to women who have approached you. And just a few comments up, you claim to reluctantly approach women, yet in so many other threads you insist that you're turned off by women who approach, and you will do the approaching if you're interested. Wtf?

Old 12-07-2016, 03:59 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You have been equally rude to women who have approached you. And just a few comments up, you claim to reluctantly approach women, yet in so many other threads you insist that you're turned off by women who approach, and you will do the approaching if you're interested. Wtf?
You will now be promptly put on his ignore list until you can quit expecting truth and logic!

Old 12-07-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Wow. Sounds like these women have some major issues. In my case, the worst I'd get would be "I'm sorry, I'm in a relationship right now" or something to that effect.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Wow. Sounds like these women have some major issues. In my case, the worst I'd get would be "I'm sorry, I'm in a relationship right now" or something to that effect.
It's all good. If a woman is going to act to like that then she's not worth it. There are prison convicts with better attitudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships