Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 03:53 PM

710 posts, read 584,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranger989 View Post
Then just be yourself and have fun. Frame for a second date and plan to move on her fast the second time you see her. Whether getting a hotel or something. This day just have fun and connect with her. As others pointed out, pick a spot where both of you will talk and connect. You really can't do that with a movie or dinner date. Remember girls knownif they like you within minutes. So it's best to just be yourself. If she sees that you're comfortable in your own skin it's a plus. However I urge you to move fast when he opportunity presents itself. DOnt be a beta male. If you notice those cues that she likes you kiss her deeply with your tongue.
I think she does like me. She originally asked me for my number and later told me because she thought I was cute and I didn't seem like other guys she knew. But thanks, I'll remember your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnBear View Post
If it's the first date you've ever been on in your life, that's going to be one long movie. You're going to spend what feels like 15 hours sitting next to her, and when the movie's over you won't remember a thing about it. But, if that's what she wants to do, then you're going to do it!

I suggest meeting her a little before. Is the theatre in a mall somewhere? If it is, suggest that you meet a half hour early since you're both relying on public transportation. Then spend 20 or 30 minutes just strolling around windowshopping in the stores. You'll both feel much more relaxed and comfortable once the move starts.

My best advice (as a former teenage girl) is to relax and be yourself. Try to be lighthearted and amusing, but don't try too hard to be funny. Girls like to laugh, but by that age they don't like clowns. Don't force it; sometime over a 20-minute period you will get at least one or two opportunities to say something witty but low-key. Just wait for the moment, and say the right thing when it appears.

Also - compliment her, but don't be too obvious about it, or it may make her feel uncomfortable and on the spot. For example, if she points to a sweater in a store and says "Isn't that nice", say something like "oh, that would look good on you with your eyes." Or something like that. Again, don't force it - just see if you get a chance to sneak one in.

Oh, and LISTEN TO HER! When she's talking, pay attention and don't interrupt! When she's said something, respond in a way that shows you were listening and that you understood her. And ask her questions! When you tell her something about something you did, or something you heard on the news, or whatever, ask her what she thinks about it.

Be sincere, be polite, be someone she enjoys being around and feels comfortable with. And she'll want to be around you again.

Oh, and good luck! Report back, OK?
Thanks!! I'll provide an update after it happens.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:05 PM

31 posts, read 17,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I think she does like me. She originally asked me for my number and later told me because she thought I was cute and I didn't seem like other guys she knew. But thanks, I'll remember your advice.
ah-ha! There! All the more reason to just be yourself and relax. When a girl tells you that, it's like when someone calls you in for a job interview and they tell you they want to meet with you first in case they decide not to waste time interviewing other people. Just take it easy, be relaxed and respectful of her, and try to be confident in who you are. Pay attention to what she says she likes and doesn't like. Girls are giving you clues every single second, whether you realize it or not, and the more of them you notice and show her you caught them the more she'll feel comfortable with you. Girls like guys who are confident, dependable, and who put them first. They want guys who they can feel comfortable around and have fun with, but they don't have to worry he's going to be selfish and treat them like crap. They're used to guys turning out to be not like they thought they were, so just don't be that guy.

Oh - and don't be afraid to apologize, within reason. For example, if both of you start talking at the same time and you talk over her, smile and say "I'm sorry... you go first." Just don't be too apologetic, because 3 or 4 "I'm sorries" in a 5-minute period gets tiring. We don't like to have to keep reassuring guys that they're OK.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:08 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Just try to not over think it. You can go and get food or just some coffee afterwards and using the movie you can spring board off of that. Start out by talking about the film and it should be ok from there.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:42 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
I'd recommend you don't rely on posts peppered with advice like "don't be a beta male" or "don't say anything nice to her."

You sound pretty thoughtful - treat her like a person, not a game object. You can be a good listener and keep your cards close to your chest to suspend the mystery, but don't try to be some alpha a-hole as is advocated - unless you want to attract the type of girl that goes for that type of treatment.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:44 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I'd recommend you don't rely on posts peppered with advice like "don't be a beta male" or "don't say anything nice to her."

You sound pretty thoughtful - treat her like a person, not a game object. You can be a good listener and keep your cards close to your chest to suspend the mystery, but don't try to be some alpha a-hole as is advocated - unless you want to attract the type of girl that goes for that type of treatment.
I agree, the minute I see the words "beta male" that immediately gets filed in the douchebag bin.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post

I didn't really understand that piece of advice about not being nice. I'm definitely not going to treat her like crap, I wouldn't treat anyone that way.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:09 PM

649 posts, read 570,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranger989 View Post
This isn't high school we're you have to take things slowly. So I strongly suggest you don't go to the movies. Meet up somewhere casual so you can just talk and get to know each other. You know the ultimate goal is love and passion. As I said multiple times women know if they any you on he first meet. If you were older I would say escalate, but since you're only 19 just be yourself and let her come to you. Don't say anything nice to her.

Just be yourself and if those cues are there I would move for a kiss and ask her to come back to your place. If she likes you she will come back to your place. If not she will make objections. However y biggest advice to you is not to do anything where money will be involved. No movie or dinner dates. Just meet up somewhere where both of you can establish that connection. If that connection is there move fast(ask her to come back to your place and be a man).
If you want a second date I would advise you as a woman to ignore most of this post. Women like to be treated nicely and to receive compliments. Just be sincere and don't overdo it. Most women also don't want to have sex on the first date so by rushing it you'll probably scare her off. Relax, be yourself and see what happens. She might want to kiss you at the end of the night or she might not. You should be able to tell by the end of the date which way she's leaning. You can have a passionate kiss without trying to sleep with her. A real man knows how to treat a woman like a lady. Good luck!

Old 11-01-2016, 09:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
I've been talking to this girl for a while now and we've decided to go see a movie together. We've been texting and talking on the phone. I'm kind of nervous as I've never been on a date before (I'm only 19). I'm just worried about doing or saying the wrong thing. I don't want to make it awkward.
Movies aren't real good. You need something where you can be interactive, have fun a bit.

Like bowling, playing pool, or something.

With movies, you're both staring ahead, and probably the phone will be out with endless texting.

In other words, the two of you won't be engaging.

Not a good first date.

It's getting kind of cold out, but think sports game, amusement park, etc.

And DON'T be nervous. Just relax and have fun. you're being relaxed will help her relax.

And if the girl FEELS GOOD and COMFORTABLE around you, then you're in. Make her feel comfortable around you. Get her to laugh a bit to break the ice.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Hasn't this date happened yet? I expected it to be last weekend, but I guess not. OP, after the date, you can take her someplace for dessert, so you two can talk. Even ice cream or frozen yogurt would be fine, it doesn't have to be fancy. You can discuss the movie, then move on to other topics. That would help balance out a date that consists mainly of staring at the movie screen, like others pointed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships