Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 08:03 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
6 months is way too soon you should take the special visa route as others have recommended. If you have a preference for a Latinas you could definitely find one in the US but you might have to move and if they were born here they are probably going to be the same as every other woman culture wise.
I'm tempted. I go to the Phillipines a couple times a year because I absolutely love it there, including the people. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than the US? In some ways, yes, and I am tempted to just up and relocate there. But my family is still here, and my job is still here, so I'm still here. But I'm still going to go there a lot.

Anyone critical of those who enjoy other cultures should at least go and experience at least one other culture before being critical. Anyone who has not gone to experience other cultures and are being critical, you have no basis for comparison, which severely reduces your credibility.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:43 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Filipino cultureand people are unique in that they are very compatible with US culture. Speak english, westernized, pro-american attitudes, predominantly Roman Catholic, family values coincide, education system is based US system, etc... All from being former territory and up until recently close ties with the US.

Not necessarily the same as Latin American countries.... But certainly they all have something to offer as potential mates

Old 11-06-2016, 12:08 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I have to wonder why these men who think this don't just move to the other countries where all those women are instead of staying her and complaining and wondering why American women despise them.
Um...cost? Also, it's not like the gubmint makes it that easy to scoot. It can't be fun owing Uncle Sam taxes for ten lousy years if you denounce your citizenship first thing tomorrow morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats funny because the "wage gap" is much greater in Latin America as well the majority of jobs held by those women who do work are menial jobs. Whereas in the US nearly half the workforce is comprised of women and women are increasingly the high earners.
Yeah, well, the cost of living is lower, too. Most women's jobs in the USA are menial as well. They just slave away in cubicles for added meaning. Very rewarding, no doubt. Real estate types and energy sales? Hope they are good with their money in boom times.

Why do you have issue with what this guy seeks in a spouse anyway? I'm sure he could comb a sugardaddy site for a gal with a job who still needs a handout to buy stilettos and purses to keep up with other women, but he doesn't want to. Good for him.

Remember that money doesn't matter to guys with money. When you realize that guys who have everything but that one piece want a family, you'll feel better about life. To a woman that offers nothing but a redundant paycheck, this can be mystifying, I understand. That's why I troll match.com and kinda get heartbroken at the late 30-somethings that think guys care that they spent their prime childbearing years slaving away at a teaching job that would have been there even if they started that family in their 20s...so sad. Engineers, doctors, lawyers...so smart, but didn't get it. Quite a few of those faces I saw years back when I was paying for OD usage. Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
6 months is way too soon you should take the special visa route as others have recommended. If you have a preference for a Latinas you could definitely find one in the US but you might have to move and if they were born here they are probably going to be the same as every other woman culture wise.
Is six months too soon? There are folks who date for years and find out they are tired of each other once the wedding day passes them by.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:16 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
Gray Rider how you doing with your latin fiancee? Give your experience here.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:44 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
[quote=AlfredB1979;46083105]

Quote:
Yeah, well, the cost of living is lower, too. Most women's jobs in the USA are menial as well. They just slave away in cubicles for added meaning. Very rewarding, no doubt. Real estate types and energy sales? Hope they are good with their money in boom times.
Most women's jobs in the US are menial? You do realize men and women hold the same positions, right?
Quote:
Why do you have issue with what this guy seeks in a spouse anyway? I'm sure he could comb a sugardaddy site for a gal with a job who still needs a handout to buy stilettos and purses to keep up with other women, but he doesn't want to. Good for him.
My post was in response to this:
Quote:
Many American men say that American women only want their money, so they're gonna find a foreign woman...who in the end, just wanted their money.
Just saying American women are better off financially than most foreign women so it really would make much sense to suggest American women want your money. Its more likely foreign women want your money.
Gray Rider was asking for input. I kind of like the guy and don't want him to get burned again. If he prefers the Latino culture there is plenty of that in the states. Seems a lot easier than trying to date abroad.
Quote:
Remember that money doesn't matter to guys with money. When you realize that guys who have everything but that one piece want a family, you'll feel better about life. To a woman that offers nothing but a redundant paycheck, this can be mystifying, I understand. That's why I troll match.com and kinda get heartbroken at the late 30-somethings that think guys care that they spent their prime childbearing years slaving away at a teaching job that would have been there even if they started that family in their 20s...so sad. Engineers, doctors, lawyers...so smart, but didn't get it. Quite a few of those faces I saw years back when I was paying for OD usage. Yikes!
Yeah, well its sad when you hear all the whining divorce stories where guys are complaining about paying alimony and child support and how she got his house and stuff, yada yada. All because he didn't care about money and if his wife could contribute to the household financially or support herself.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:24 PM

189 posts, read 213,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Gray Rider how you doing with your latin fiancee? Give your experience here.
Well I appreciate the inquiry. No success or failure to report at this time. If nothing else, it will be a good learning experience.

I did have an interesting conversation with a counselor who practices immigration. She stressed the importance of learning the local language and staying busy. Also, said that she saw about a 70% success rate in these relationships. I'm sure it is hard to pin a timeline on that.

There is some misinformation in this thread. The "fiance" visa route is essentially only needed in countries where visitors visas are never issued.

Last edited by Gray Rider; 11-09-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Old 11-10-2016, 06:50 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
There is some misinformation in this thread. The "fiance" visa route is essentially only needed in countries where visitors visas are never issued.
What's your justification on that? It's needed in the US, despite the US issuing visitor visas.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:39 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
[quote=2mares;46104848]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Just saying American women are better off financially than most foreign women so it really would make much sense to suggest American women want your money. Its more likely foreign women want your money.
That's a moot point. Attitude to money depends on education, culture and morality, religion and personal philosophy. Those poor countries that touched the American cult of consumption (Eastern and Southern Europe for example) is more avid than India or Southeast Asia. Lack of opportunities to earn as in America creates a desire to find an American man and live at his expense.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:03 AM

426 posts, read 351,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Many American men say that American women only want their money, so they're gonna find a foreign woman...who in the end, just wanted their money.
This! My brother had an ex gf from Bolivia. He then brought her to Berlin. She was hoping to get out of Bolivia and was expecting to move to Berlin but things didn't work out and he had to get rid of the apartment anyway and move back to NY. She thought my brother was loaded with money.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:24 AM

426 posts, read 351,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I bet.. the women in other countries are like a treasure to set above all rubies combined compared to what we have here.

They are like from another world. Smart, Kind, Polite, etc... They don't come off with the snotty, sassy, stuck up attitude that we get here.

I completely see why you're attracted to them.
Sometimes I feel that way lol the guys who live around me are very snobbish and have a frat like mentality. When I'm in europe I am treated 10 times better. Where I live I don't fit in with the American beauty standards. I don't have the blonde hair and blue eyes from my German side or any "exotic" look even though I'm half Latina I just look 100% Spanish so that is something Americans aren't used to but in Europe the Southern European look is considered exotic because it's not your everyday blonde look which isn't a bad thing but I feel like my dark hair, eyes and facial features are appreciated more. Here in the states in order to be considered a hot Latina is supposed to have curly hair, tan skin and a small nose lol which I don't have. I fit in better with Italians and Greeks because I look like them which is a good thing lol.

Last edited by Yourgermanicanish; 11-11-2016 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships