Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 01:13 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Yes even her family gives her what she wants but she doesn't pay rent to top it off
Its not easy for her to understand
Personally I just feel pressured in my heart and I have a hard time saying no to her shes a very sweet girlfriend and don't want to disappoint her if I have the money I would sure do it in a heart beat.

The other thing she told me is to get A higher paying job but I am not leaving an IT School District job to work for the private sector which while it pays higher is very unstable.
Plus the benefits are good and the hours let me spend time with her on weekends .
Only leave that job if you want to, and not because your g/f is practically forcing you or prying you to do so.

Just seems to me that you and her are not compatible. Sorry dude..

Seems to me that she'd be better off finding a rich wealthy guy that wants to marry right now. Seems like she just wants you to do things without any regard for your opinion/feelings, or if you can even afford to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 01:20 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Only leave that job if you want to, and not because your g/f is practically forcing you or prying you to do so.

Just seems to me that you and her are not compatible. Sorry dude..

Seems to me that she'd be better off finding a rich wealthy guy that wants to marry right now. Seems like she just wants you to do things without any regard for your opinion/feelings, or if you can even afford to do so.
We will talk about it tommorow.
If she doesnt understand she can decide weather to continue or not.
I definately would expect her to put her part in.
All that just by myself is impossible

Old 11-06-2016, 01:25 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,451,329 times
If she wants a house and a wedding so badly she can help make it possible by contributing

Old 11-06-2016, 01:28 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
She doesn't know the value of a dollar, and has been spoiled. Also, I am disappointed to hear that she wants you to earn more, rather than wanting to earn more for herself? She sounds like a child, not like an adult. She is too immature to marry. She needs to grow up first.

I think you need to have a heart to heart talk with her. Be transparent and open about your earnings and what is affordable for you. I would tell her that you are saving for a ring, but she will need to save for the wedding that she wants. You can both save together for your future home.

If she is not paying rent, she should be able to save for a wedding easily.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
If she wants a house and a wedding so badly she can help make it possible by contributing
Yes thats what I told her.
But she thinks that As THE MAN
I should be paying for the engagement ring and wedding

So you want a honeymoon too and a house?

Okay babe but something will have to wait

What do you want first?

Old 11-06-2016, 01:37 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Yes thats what I told her.
But she thinks that As THE MAN
I should be paying for the engagement ring and wedding

So you want a honeymoon too and a house?

Okay babe but something will have to wait

What do you want first?
Like I said, she's way too immature and spoiled (even with her being in her late 20's) despite the fact that she seems to be very traditional woman.

She wants you to pay for the ring, honeymoon, wedding, and a house? And wants you to pay all that right now??

LOL, I would have been laughing in her face after she said that.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:02 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
For your own sake you have to stand firm. Don't give in to her pressure or allow her to make you feel inadequate as a man because you are realistic and responsible with your money. If she gets her way, you'll end up in deep debt.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
For your own sake you have to stand firm. Don't give in to her pressure or allow her to make you feel inadequate as a man because you are realistic and responsible with your money. If she gets her way, you'll end up in deep debt.
Yes
I told her its unrealistic
There is no rush.
She just feels like the clocking is ticking.

Of what? Theres no rush

Overall I denied the request unless she wants to pay for the wedding and save up sure.

It will depend on her final answer tommorow

The only thing I could save up for now is the engagement ring but everything will be put on hold

Old 11-06-2016, 02:26 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,324,039 times
How are you going to buy a house in the la area with just your salary? You say you bring home 3k a month? She is going to have to contribute to qualify for a home.

Also, only dating for 6 months? She is trying to reel you in fast. I'd be cautious of her intentions.

I know this girl that wanted to get married so bad. She found a sucker. Had a big wedding, moved out to her dream location, got pregnant with twins, and left him in a year. She used the excuse because he thought things were moving too fast that he didn't love her and the kids and wasn't a REAL man so she left him. Put it all over her Facebook for everybody to see too.

Now he has to pay child support for the twins and got hosed financially for the theatrics of the wedding and move.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:37 AM

290 posts, read 214,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
How are you going to buy a house in the la area with just your salary? You say you bring home 3k a month? She is going to have to contribute to qualify for a home.

Also, only dating for 6 months? She is trying to reel you in fast. I'd be cautious of her intentions.

I know this girl that wanted to get married so bad. She found a sucker. Had a big wedding, moved out to her dream location, got pregnant with twins, and left him in a year. She used the excuse because he thought things were moving too fast that he didn't love her and the kids and wasn't a REAL man so she left him. Put it all over her Facebook for everybody to see too.

Now he has to pay child support for the twins and got hosed financially for the theatrics of the wedding and move.
lmao so she initiated the divorce for essentially no reason...and the guy is the one that gets screwed?

Lmao then some women wonder why guys dont want to get married.

as for the op...break up with her man. she is clearly trying to hose you into a marriage and a **** load of other expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships