Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:27 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
"for all intents and purposes"

Sorry, I'm not normally a grammar/spelling Nazi, but that was making my eye twitch.
Good catch... hey it was early. I just found out who my neighbors really are. Gotta cut me some slack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:43 PM

602 posts, read 394,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Good catch... hey it was early. I just found out who my neighbors really are. Gotta cut me some slack.
nope - unacceptable!!!!!

Old 11-09-2016, 02:34 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,603,051 times
I would not sweat it, it was a normal mistake. My brother makes that same mistake when talking to me. He sometimes calls his ex, my wife.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:37 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,118,910 times
Grow a thicker skin. If this upsets you what are you going to do if they have children together and have to communicate for years to come.

You may need to reconsider involving yourself with someone who has an Ex.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:55 PM

352 posts, read 233,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabell View Post
my BF called his ex wife "my wife" during an argument with me.. he corrected himself and agreed it was wrong to say but insists it was just a slip of the tongue. they were married 15 years, divorced for 1 but separated for 3

ill add some details later but just wanted to get some feedback on this "slip up" is this normal? a sign of something i should really be concerned about?

have you ever done it? does it mean that he loves her, thinks of her? misses her? cant let go of their marriage deep down?

thank you
Have only read this OP:

Yes I've done it by accident, nope it doesn't mean anything and yes it's probably quite a common slip of the tongue. Consider the 15 years and us men often being creatures of habit....

Not worth wasting energy worrying about it.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:36 PM

525 posts, read 656,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I think that ship has sailed; you should have asked that question before you got with him while the divorce was ongoing.
What I was thinking exactly.

He corrected himself. What else do you want OP? Her to be erased from memory? They have a child together. This is a really small thing you are making a big deal about.

I've called my current husband my ex's name before, (when he was irritating me and that's all I can remember of my ex). We all survived.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,312,427 times
Quote:
my BF called his ex wife "my wife" during an argument with me.. he corrected himself and agreed it was wrong to say but insists it was just a slip of the tongue. they were married 15 years, divorced for 1 but separated for 3

ill add some details later but just wanted to get some feedback on this "slip up" is this normal? a sign of something i should really be concerned about?

have you ever done it? does it mean that he loves her, thinks of her? misses her? cant let go of their marriage deep down?

thank you

It's a slip up. Christ. He's been married for 15 years. It doesn't mean anything

I've been married for 20 some. I don't even know my wife's name anymore. It's just my wife whe referring to her in conversation. And it's Pumpkin when I talk to her. Sometimes o tell her to change her name legally to Pumpkin. Be easier on me.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times
Quote:

thank you
Oh good grief. It's completely normal. Forget about it!!

Old 11-09-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I'm not. I love him so much and I'm so hurt by this. I just feel that it's possible that it has some huge meaning that I don't want to ignore.. I have ignored things with other relationships in the past, stupidly
It has nothing to do with you. You cannot erase a person's memory. Grow up and get over it.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well, he was either an idiot or being malicious.. Intention is what matters most.
Not at all. I have caught myself saying my ex's name in place of a BF's,many many times, and using the words "husband" too. Sheesh people. It means NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships