Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Go for it,life is short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 08:45 AM

19,710 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Help me fathom this,

if the guy had a ONS with one girl in the group but the girl did not want to pursue a relationship then this is all copacetic. Just a hookup. If he just hangs around and is nice to everyone and one night goes home with one of Girl1's friends, then this is probably okay too. However if he actually tries to ask another girl out in the interests of pursuing a relationship with her then he is just creepy and weird.

This seems to be an area (one of many) of the female psyche I don't understand ?
Men and women are really not that different in terms of sexual "territory"..

If you slept with some girl, then she started workin your boy & now he's tryin to hit it too - would you honestly not think she's some type of garden tool?!

I'm certainly not judging, I've been on all sides of this equation.. & I own it. lol

* Ultimately, people will always do what they want, regardless. But one must always be prepared for the backlash...

Old 11-11-2016, 09:01 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Right. But, again, if he never slept with the first girl (as she friendzoned him), I would think that if he approaches her friend, no harm, no foul - he's not with the first girl, so he's open territory.

But to get all butthurt and upset? Maybe I'm strange that way, but if I friendzone a woman, say I'm not interested in a relationship with her, and she pursues one of my buddies, my response would be two words: SO WHAT.

Apparently, my buddy's talking to her again. I told him that I'd have told her to go pound sand, and cut her out from his life. Glutton for punishment!

Old 11-11-2016, 09:08 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,864 times
The only part of the story in which I would question the guy who was put in the friend zone is how he approached the girl that put him there to ask about one of her girlfriends.

Why was that necessary? Unless he doesn't know how to contact the girl, why would he tell her he was going after one of her girlfriends unless it was a way to tweak her a bit?

Just ask the girl out, already. Forget running it past the the "friend".

That part just seems a little bush-league.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
The only part of the story in which I would question the guy who was put in the friend zone is how he approached the girl that put him there to ask about one of her girlfriends.

Why was that necessary? Unless he doesn't know how to contact the girl, why would he tell her he was going after one of her girlfriends unless it was a way to tweak her a bit?

I agree. Use the direct approach. I think backdooring is kinda immature.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post

Totally agree. He should've just gone for it without involving her.

If there was mutual interest/chemistry with the friend, then hey, no harm no foul. Let the girls duke it out for themselves.

Now there's just a bunch of unecessary drama here...lol

Old 11-11-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Right. But, again, if he never slept with the first girl (as she friendzoned him), I would think that if he approaches her friend, no harm, no foul - he's not with the first girl, so he's open territory.

But to get all butthurt and upset? Maybe I'm strange that way, but if I friendzone a woman, say I'm not interested in a relationship with her, and she pursues one of my buddies, my response would be two words: SO WHAT.

Apparently, my buddy's talking to her again. I told him that I'd have told her to go pound sand, and cut her out from his life. Glutton for punishment!
Oh, ok, lol.. So he wasn't exactly interested in her friend, he just said that to get a rise out of her and make her jealous to keep her interested in him. . . I get it now, hahahah.

"Gaaames people plaa-aay. . . "

Old 11-11-2016, 11:28 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Your friend is a dishonest dumbass.

And you are way too emotionally involved in the situation. I can tell by all the exclamations and capital letters. You need to simmer down.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:34 AM

714 posts, read 747,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I agree!
When I was younger, we never passed boyfriends around to each other.
It is weird!
He wasn't a boyfriend of hers, though. They went on a date and she made it clear that she wasn't interested.

If I went on one date with a girl and didn't like her, I would have no issue with her wanting to connect with a friend of mine -- UNLESS I wanted to keep the girl around as an option and play her.

Even if it's weird, why the ridiculous reaction from the girl? Are we really defending that? That was more weird/strange than anything the guy did. Because he talked to her first she's the only person in her circle he can talk to?

If she reacted like that, she would have been pissed even if he went directly to the girl instead of asking the friend. She used the word "betray" with someone she barely knows.. lol. #CrazyPerson

Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Your friend is a dishonest dumbass.

And you are way too emotionally involved in the situation. I can tell by all the exclamations and capital letters. You need to simmer down.
Who's emotionally riled up? Just saying, ok??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships