Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 3,380 times

Advertisements

So i met this amazing girl about 1 year ago. And after getting her number and talking a lot she unfortunately had to move with her parents back to Europe. (We are both 19)

During this time (about 1 year and a few months) we both lived our own lives and relationships, but we always made time for each other to talk. We basically told each other everything that was happening, and would give each other advice about any problems we had.

So 3 weeks ago she came back to this country with her family. And she immediately arranged for us to hang out! We met up and it was amazing, we get a long like crazy - also a lot of touching and flirting. We've met up in total about 4 times now, and I haven't tried to kiss her yet.

Every time we hang out i just don't feel that it is right to kiss her - or make any sort of move. It's almost like i am friend zoning myself. I don't want to mess this amazing relationship up.

Now about 3 days ago, while we were chilling one of her friends asked if we were a couple, and she looked at me smiled and said "Noooo, we're besties" So im thinking in my head holy **** i've messed this potential romantic relationship up.

This whole situation has really messed with my head because i was planning to kiss her literally when we went back to my car that day.

So my question for everyone is this: I am deeply affectionate for this person, we get along amazingly well, and know everything about each other. Is it still possible to have a romantic relationship? Should i tell her that i can't just be her friend anymore... she has been a massive part of my life and it is just so hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 05:23 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Just ask her what she meant by "besties". She may have been trying to save face, since you haven't stepped up and let her know how you feel.

As for kissing, you should always hug girls you like and kiss them as if it's the most natural thing in the world. Be more physically affectionate in a casual way. You'll feel more confident, if you do.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the reply ellie! We do hug a lot. I suppose i should have asked her when her friend left. It's just kinda simmered away now.

I'm really scared that she is going to move on and stop viewing me as a potential boyfriend because i'm too scared to escalate it. But by escalating the relationship i am scared of losing her completely. if that makes sense..

Old 11-19-2016, 05:36 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoirPoir View Post
So i met this amazing girl about 1 year ago. And after getting her number and talking a lot she unfortunately had to move with her parents back to Europe. (We are both 19)
From which country did she come? There are cross-cultural differences. In her country, perhaps another line of behaviour.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:36 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply ellie! We do hug a lot. I suppose i should have asked her when her friend left. It's just kinda simmered away now.

I'm really scared that she is going to move on and stop viewing me as a potential boyfriend because i'm too scared to escalate it. But by escalating the relationship i am scared of losing her completely. if that makes sense..
I know exactly what you mean.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:42 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:

During this time (about 1 year and a few months) we both lived our own lives and relationships, but we always made time for each other to talk. We basically told each other everything that was happening, and would give each other advice about any problems we had.

So 3 weeks ago she came back to this country with her family. And she immediately arranged for us to hang out! We met up and it was amazing, we get a long like crazy - also a lot of touching and flirting. We've met up in total about 4 times now, and I haven't tried to kiss her yet.

Every time we hang out i just don't feel that it is right to kiss her - or make any sort of move. It's almost like i am friend zoning myself. I don't want to mess this amazing relationship up.

Now about 3 days ago, while we were chilling one of her friends asked if we were a couple, and she looked at me smiled and said "Noooo, we're besties" So im thinking in my head holy **** i've messed this potential romantic relationship up.

This whole situation has really messed with my head because i was planning to kiss her literally when we went back to my car that day.

So my question for everyone is this: I am deeply affectionate for this person, we get along amazingly well, and know everything about each other. Is it still possible to have a romantic relationship? Should i tell her that i can't just be her friend anymore... she has been a massive part of my life and it is just so hard.

Being a massive part of your life sounds a bit of extreme, especially after just a year or so ago or knowing her less than two years. Best go with how she describe your relationship. From what I read, sounds like it was just good friends who enjoy each others company.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
It's possible, yes. Just make a move and you will have your answer.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:01 PM

Thanks for all the replies! Holy... There are no major cultural differences, I think it's purely on me this situation. We talk to each other everyday, and in that way she has become a pretty big part of my life. She even dreams about me Lmao.

It would actually kill me if some dude would come along now and made her his girlfriend, I NEED to stop being a little ***** and just tell her what i want.

It;s just the relationship dynamic is so strange.. and i've never had this with any other girl before. It's almost like we know too much about each other or something. Where asking for a date wouldn't seem right after all this time, when i walk up to her it feels so right to just kiss her right there!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:20 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,624 times
Quote:
It's almost like we know too much about each other or something. Where asking for a date wouldn't seem right after all this time, when i walk up to her it feels so right to just kiss her right there!
I wish you good luck dude! You cant lose your chance!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:17 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Then there is only one way to find out, good luck and let us know how that worked out.

Last edited by ipaper; 11-19-2016 at 07:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships