Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:57 PM

352 posts, read 234,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
What ?!

& Being the "wrong" person for somebody - and knowing it - is just wrong as hell
I'm not sure if you're referring to my post above? (no matter).......but I wasn't stating "for somebody".

If both parties "know" it , such as a mutually agreed temporary fling or whatever.....then sometimes the so called wrong reasons work out right for that particular moment of time. Otherwise.....I tend to agree with you, and the theory of not settling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 06:58 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,393 times
I was with someone - for the wrong reasons, if you ask me...others may say they were the "right" reasons - and I've never felt so alone.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:18 AM

19,715 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
I'm not sure if you're referring to my post above? (no matter).......but I wasn't stating "for somebody".

If both parties "know" it , such as a mutually agreed temporary fling or whatever.....then sometimes the so called wrong reasons work out right for that particular moment of time. Otherwise.....I tend to agree with you, and the theory of not settling.
No, it wasn't directed @ you, lol. I agreed w/ your post, and if both parties "know" then you're right - it's a totally different set of circumstances.

My thing was people who 'knowingly' impose themselves into the lives/hearts of people for "wrong" reasons ~ mostly selfish & self-serving. . .

* They create problems because they are the problem.

People pull crap like this all the time and it's destructive and irresponsible.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:18 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
What ?!

Being with the wrong person is absolutely worse than being alone, lol. . . . You all are crazy

& Being the "wrong" person for somebody - and knowing it - is just wrong as hell
This exactly!!!!

Worst idea possible.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:43 AM

19,715 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
The quote encapsulates deep insecurities and self loathing because it basically means I hate my own company and can't stand to be left to my own devices and thoughts.
Exactly, this is exactly what 'Amanda Jones' finally reveals about herself in the end.. She loses everything she gained by being a complete phoney her whole (high school) life. It takes all the chaos, all the drama, all the pain & sufferring in order for her to learn (and teach).. * Be your authentic self *

Old 11-29-2016, 11:00 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Movie trivia
A quote from one of my favorite movies.
And that's how I feel. This world is too cruel to go through all alone.
Being in a relationship with the wrong person can make it a lot more cruel.

I'd much rather be responsible for my own happiness and make that choice every day, instead of someone else ruining it for me.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:25 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Good for you if you can stomach it. I'm too honest to do that unfortunately.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Because I was physically abused as a child, I looked for love, any kind, in the wrong places. I didn't like myself because, gasp, my parents didn't. I believed that any love was better than no love at all. Eventually, I learned this was untrue after being victimized. Thankfully, I married a good guy. But, looking back, I think with what I know now, I would learn to love myself and live a solo life content with me and not some loser.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:57 PM

352 posts, read 234,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Being in a relationship with the wrong person can make it a lot more cruel.

I'd much rather be responsible for my own happiness and make that choice every day, instead of someone else ruining it for me.
Well said. Describes how I more or less operate.

I've never figured out some I've witnessed bouncing from GF to GF or multiple divorces for years, because they have to be with someone, or it's the way its supposed to be...bla blah. Trying to tell them to take it easy usually falls on deaf ears.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
You need to figure out the real issue OP, desperately wanting a relationship just seems like a "symptom" of something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships