Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 07:08 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times

Advertisements

I wonder, for the single men here, if you ever had a romantic dream of having a girlfriend or wife, what would it be? Someday I would like to get a girlfriend and get married someday.

My most romantic dream is that me and my beautiful wife were both fairies wearing pink outfits dancing around in the sky to some smooth jazz music (which was actually a song playing on SiriusXM Watercolors, which I always tune into when I go to bed). Reminds me of Thumbelina and the Fairy Prince.

Yes, I know fairies are a bit strange due to the potential gay connotations, but I had a beautiful fairy wife in my dream. Plus, we were both wearing pink outfits (mine being pink slacks and a pink dress shirt and my wife's being a beautiful pink gown), and I would love to have a wife who loves the color pink like I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 07:16 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Um, ok. I don't dream of having girlfriends, I've had plenty. And I don't have generic dreams of things to do with them. If I had a dream vacation or experience with someone, it would depend on who that person was and what our relationship was.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I wonder, for the single men here, if you ever had a romantic dream of having a girlfriend or wife, what would it be? Someday I would like to get a girlfriend and get married someday.

My most romantic dream is that me and my beautiful wife were both fairies wearing pink outfits dancing around in the sky to some smooth jazz music (which was actually a song playing on SiriusXM Watercolors, which I always tune into when I go to bed). Reminds me of Thumbelina and the Fairy Prince.

Yes, I know fairies are a bit strange due to the potential gay connotations, but I had a beautiful fairy wife in my dream. Plus, we were both wearing pink outfits (mine being pink slacks and a pink dress shirt and my wife's being a beautiful pink gown), and I would love to have a wife who loves the color pink like I do.
Thanks for sharing! That's very sweet.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:30 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
I'm happy if she can skin a deer... or dig clams...

but I don't want to be expecting too much and be disappointed

Old 11-28-2016, 08:08 PM

466 posts, read 314,649 times
My dream would be of a girl who won't leave me and truly loves me. Someone I can build together with and have 4 beautiful children which will make my life bliss. A woman who is open minded in the bedroom and is loyal to me without creating excuses to see other men. I will never be with a woman who has children already I can tell you that. Screw the men that impregnated her because I don't want anymore drama with them nor other lingering exes.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM

70 posts, read 46,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post

Don't have any, but I think yours is unexpectedly cool

Old 11-28-2016, 08:57 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
My dream girl would be the manic pixie kind . I kid! I kid!

But for real, I'd want someone who's a good dancer, meaning classic dancing. Makes it a lot easier to be romantic with her. My idea of romance is swing dancing together while a jazz band plays in the background, outside on a breezy summer day, after having shared a giant hurricane cocktail. Much more so than a stereotypical candlelit dinner, costing $89.99 a plate plus drinks plus valet parking plus tips. (Don't get me wrong. Those are good sometimes; I just don't find them all that romantic. It'd be something I do for my significant other's sake.)

Edited: did the thread title mean "dream" as in during sleep, or "dream" as in ideal fantasy?

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 11-28-2016 at 09:31 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 09:29 PM

352 posts, read 234,093 times
Honestly?.....those full REM sleep nights, where I flash back to a young lady I grew up with from about age 17-23ish. Didn't have to overthink much, dodge bullets, or learn to be a player to survive......

You never forget your first....

Old 11-29-2016, 05:16 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Listen up kids!

...and this is why we don't wanna do drugs.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:48 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post

Edited: did the thread title mean "dream" as in during sleep, or "dream" as in ideal fantasy?
Mine was during sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships