Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 07:11 PM

270 posts, read 283,010 times

Advertisements

I have lived both North and South to have an opinion on this. I have to say though, New England men are in a league of their own. Really strange fellows, not all, but many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 02:28 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Southern men are much more likable.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
I met a southern woman up here in NYC and exchanged contacts with her. She lived most of her life in the South, but when she graduated college she moved up north like many of her other millennial, suburban highly academic cohort. We spoke about differences between North and South in terms of dating. She admitted that the South would be benefical for me plenty of beautiful women who are family oriented and looking to settle down. I asked her why did she leave the South? It was for career but also she wanted to be with somebody. She was on the big side, and in the South according to her men are very shallow when it comes to looks or even body size. She had a hard time dating down there. When she came up North, she had been with more men up here in a month than she had been with men in her entire life in the South. The only boyfriends she had were black men in the South, but up here in NYC she found a boyfriend who is white and educated Ivy leaguer from New England. Also men up here are on the more intellectual side than men in the South she explains. I wanted to tell her that men up here who date plus size women cheat a lot on them.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:44 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I met a southern woman up here in NYC and exchanged contacts with her. She lived most of her life in the South, but when she graduated college she moved up north like many of her other millennial, suburban highly academic cohort. We spoke about differences between North and South in terms of dating. She admitted that the South would be benefical for me plenty of beautiful women who are family oriented and looking to settle down. I asked her why did she leave the South? It was for career but also she wanted to be with somebody. She was on the big side, and in the South according to her men are very shallow when it comes to looks or even body size. She had a hard time dating down there. When she came up North, she had been with more men up here in a month than she had been with men in her entire life in the South. The only boyfriends she had were black men in the South, but up here in NYC she found a boyfriend who is white and educated Ivy leaguer from New England. Also men up here are on the more intellectual side than men in the South she explains. I wanted to tell her that men up here who date plus size women cheat a lot on them.
There are a LOT more big people in the south than up here....

Old 04-10-2015, 03:59 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
There are a LOT more big people in the south than up here....

I don't know. I have been to the south and I have the say the men are husky like me, in the north it was the opposite. When I visited TX, I was surprise that the my physique was similar to most men out there. It made me feel small.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:30 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
As a guy that is straddling the geographical line between midwestern, southern, and southwest I can say that NE people always seem the most abrasive to me. Then again I'm sure I seem slow to someone from Jersey.

gotta be careful, we aren't all alike up here,,,we mainers coined the term "mass-hole" because we don't like like the in your face schtick or the f-u driving standards(of massachusettes folks)- same with new Yorkers..

people are people...if boys were taught respect or to respect a lady growing up,,,they most likely will ,,,,if they saw their daddy beat on their mother or girlfriends,,,,,then they may even cycle that crap,,,no matter where they are.. what state they live in

you don't know someone,,,unless you've lived with them, worked for them,,, or been with them drunk,,

most of the southern guys ive known are good guys,,,until they get to drinking,,,then they turn into dicks,,, and disrespectful to woman,,

most mainers I know don't put on heirs,,,not full of b.s., despise arrogance,,

we may not be the most exciting,,,,but usually excitement comes at a cost,,,and many of you ladies can attest to that

ive been in the south a few times,,and I did notice the ladies seem to smile more,,and more friendly..
I did like that..

but also keep in mind,,,,,,we have 5-7 months of winter up here,,,,and a few months of outside socializing,,,, you have this year round,,....so everyone seems much more hospitable when not driving in a snowstorm,,,or cant get out of a driveway!!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:45 PM

3 posts, read 2,759 times
I like my men like I like my ham- country style.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:04 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
In the south you go to a family reunion looking for a date.
In the north you bring a date to a family reunion.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:41 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,479,957 times
North men come in boats to avenge the death of Ragnar Lothbrok, while South men... oh wait, I had that all wrong. I was thinking about Vikings!

People are people and have various personalities no matter where they live. People are like a Seurat painting. From a distance you see a big picture, but close up each individual isn't the picture at all and they are completely different "dots."

Old 01-26-2017, 05:44 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
In the south you go to a family reunion looking for a date.
In the north you bring a date to a family reunion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships