U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,033,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Usually it's with good reason why people are not liked.
I'm a Northern woman, now living in the South, and I rarely encounter any unfriendly women. Everyone has been so kind and wonderful down here.
I have lived up north (Boston and Detroit) and people are people. You are treated the way you treat others.

Are you in the deep south or mid atlantic??

Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 PM

8,002 posts, read 13,272,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have lived up north (Boston and Detroit) and people are people. You are treated the way you treat others.

Are you in the deep south or mid atlantic??
I'm from Detroit, I'm living in the deep south now. And you are 100 PERCENT right on,

YOU ARE TREATED THE WAY YOU TREAT OTHERS

Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,033,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I'm from Detroit, I'm living in the deep south now. And you are 100 PERCENT right on,

YOU ARE TREATED THE WAY YOU TREAT OTHERS
I had a great time in Detroit! Fun place!

Very different from Virginia but still a blast!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 AM

2,383 posts, read 4,111,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
As far as appearance is concerned, you'll like Southern women if you like really big hair, make-up, and clothing that is about 10 years out of style.

Not my kinda thing, but I'm sure there are men out there who like that.
We do have hair salons in the south that are just as edgy as those in DC!!!
I would say Atlanta has started many hair trends in the south and getting rid of big hair is one of them. No more Tammy Faye make-up either. You should visit sometime just so you know.

*Several of my gf's from Atlanta have gone for that really fake Californian look with fake breasts, white hair, and an orange tan! YUCK! But still, Atlanta has an Aveda hair salon training school and Aveda is top-notch in the hair industry! We also have a Vidal Sasson hair stylists training facility and again, top-notch when it comes to hair! **

Old 10-23-2008, 07:14 AM

2,383 posts, read 4,111,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
You better believe it! Northern woman pay more attention to fashion. Southern women definatley do not. Northern women are so super friendly. The southern women at least where I live are really unfriendly. Jersey girls rule! I look so forward to going home when I can get a chance and that is like never!
Northern women rule.....#1 in my book!
Plus we are wayyyyyyyy smarter!
Have you seen the Housewives of Atlanta?? They are so fashionable!! LOL!

You have probably never been to one of the bigger southern cities because had you been to one, you would know how ridiculous your statements are! Seriously! Most of the girls I grew up with were very smart and actually I have two gf's that are currently finishing up their thesis at Harvard, I have gf that is finishing up at Yale. Several of my friends went to GT (Georgia Tech) and I have two friends that went to Pepperdine. Also, when I attended high school we had 3 people score a perfect score on their SAT!
Of course there are people who lack intelligence and smarts, but that is in every state and every city...even in Jersey!!! Trust me, we make fun of the J-Shore in the south!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 AM

8,257 posts, read 11,331,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
You better believe it! Northern woman pay more attention to fashion. Southern women definatley do not. Northern women are so super friendly. The southern women at least where I live are really unfriendly. Jersey girls rule! I look so forward to going home when I can get a chance and that is like never!
Northern women rule.....#1 in my book!
Plus we are wayyyyyyyy smarter!
Thats right! Northern women hide behind a veil of fashion and competition with each other. Southern women are REAL! They are what they are and if ya dont like it then you can just kiss thier hillbilly A**! I love Southern women!!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM

750 posts, read 1,796,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Thats right! Northern women hide behind a veil of fashion and competition with each other. Southern women are REAL! They are what they are and if ya dont like it then you can just kiss thier hillbilly A**! I love Southern women!!

Not all Northern women! I live on 35 acres out in the sticks. My fashion is flannel and jeans. This Northern woman isnt hiding behind anything

Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM

2,214 posts, read 3,747,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, God yes.

No knock on Northern women, but Southern women just seem to take more pride in their appearances. I moved South from Chicago and when I got off the plane for my interview...Well, my God.

I'm from Tennessee and I can't say I agree w/ that. Whoah buddy. The Wal Mart around here looks like ...well, I don't want to be TOO uncharitable. Let's just say the women here don't seem to understand the difference between 'public' and 'private' when it comes to clothing. They wear their husband's stained t shirts, track pants, and crocs almost everywhere! Even the attractive younger girls show up w/out any attention to their appearance, sometimes in pajamas.

I don't necessarily think this is a 'Southern' thing though. Obviously it's a problem everywhere.

Now me, I'm a southern woman and I don't think I'm a great beauty or anything but I do take pride in my appearance. Even if I go to Wal Mart. I get funny looks but hey, that's just me. And my husband certainly appears to appreciate it.

On the OTHER end of the spectrum, when southern women DO dress up...Good lord! It's like they unload every ounce of makeup from their bottom drawer and put it all on at once. And they love the layered poofy hair w/ highlights...it's like they have t make up for 'denying' it every day by styling the HECK out of it when they 'gussy up'. Hee hee.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:38 AM

8,257 posts, read 11,331,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
Not all Northern women! I live on 35 acres out in the sticks. My fashion is flannel and jeans. This Northern woman isnt hiding behind anything
Good for you!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,733,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Northern girl at the orgy prelude: "You, you, and you, kiss me right now."
Southern girl at the orgy prelude: "I'm gonna kiss y'all right now."

Southern guy at the orgy prelude: "Yes M'am."
Northern guy at the orgy prelude: "Kiss me here, no not there, HERE."
Just please don't let our mamas find out about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.