Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
Hmmm, where do southern Californian women fall into all this? If Southern women are said to dress better, look better, take care of themselves more, are SoCal women now considered to be Southern Californian belles? Or is California a different category all together? Because there is a whole lot of women on the west coast that seem to spend almost all their free time getting manicures, pedicures, facials, having hair done, and shopping constantly for new clothes. And in between the beauty sessions, they're going to the gym, to Pilates, to yoga to keep in shape. And with the weather out here, wearing the clothes to show off what they've been working on. I mean, it's a whole industry out here in how to look as good as possible.

I Truly Agree Darlin'.....................

Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,058 times
Oh, the temptation of this subject. I have lived in both places and I'm not going to say anything.
Signed, Your Friendly Northerner

Old 01-10-2009, 12:28 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,492 times
I just always went with the flow.Went to a Bar with a Southern friend up North one night.He told me he had been in there before and if I couldn't pick up a woman I was Gay.

Well when he had been there before they had CW Music.But this night Hard Rock While I was there i didn't buy a drink one had couple Ladies buying.Then next day I go back to where me and my Friend was staying.

Say now what was you saying about not being able to pick up a woman? Shut up I don't want to think about it.

Their all fun,just Southern girls don't beat around with what they want.

hillman

Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,032,874 times
Well, Southern girls, with the way they talk, they knock me out when I'm down there.

And the Northern girls with the way they kiss, they keep their boyfriends warm at night.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,188 times
The ignornace in this thread is mind-blowing.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Living in metro Atlanta, where there is a big transplant population, I can see the differences. I have dealt with some northern women. Many of the northern women tend to be a bit quieter and more "to the point" as some people might say. With many of the southern-raised women I see, they can be a bit more outgoing. With that said, cases tend to vary. I have met some southern women who were very quiet and shy. I have also met women from northern and western cities who were more outgoing. I did notice this: Many of the northern women I met tended to get married later and have children later in life.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,817 times
I have lived in both the north and south

I would say southern women better cooks and northern women are more health concuious.. Southern women eat more grits, meat, greens, more fattening foods if you wish to call it. Northern women eat lighter meals
As far as style, Living in New Jersey, New York is always setting the trend and I believe that women here try to keep up with this. So i dotn see to many sloppy women.
In the south I believe they have a different style but they do dress nice. But I believe more in the cities once you go out fo the city into smaller towns than it is not so much more sloppy as you would say. I beleive the big hair went out in the 80's I don't see it much from either any more.
I would say women in the south are more conservative because of Christian upbrining. Women up north they are more liberal in their beliefs.
In the south they mostly baptist and north they are Catholic or Methodist. Southern women go to church like 3 times a week northern women once or twice a year.
Southern women are nicer better manners and have sweeter voices that you make you think (ohhh and awwww in my opnion). Northern women are more up front and honest if they like you they really do and treat you good if they dont then they dont.
Southern women end up getting pregnent earlier. some in their teens or very early twenties they don't want a career they want the man to work and be a house mom and the guy leaves them and they wnd up on wlefare or some type of assistance. Not all though some want a career first depends on who you meet.
Northern women it is school school and work. Man comes second
They want to be more independant, but they do want a good man who can share their life with if the timing is right and they have their career started.

This is from what I have experienced but what can I say though I married a Brazlian women who is everything I asked for and more.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,179,751 times
There is a different culture on each end of that spectrum and you need to fit into it up north or down south. The ladies either north or south are exciting, you just need to know how to make the fit!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:07 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?

Discuss
On TV, northern women are characterized as difficult, bitchy and complicated. However, who is more straightforward?

Northern women get protection, then get laid.

Southern women take a pledge not to get laid. Then they break their promise. Then they sue for child support. Then they become spokeswomen for better abstinence based sex ed.

European women are even less complicated. They can read the instructions on the birth control package.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
On TV, northern women are characterized as difficult, bitchy and complicated. However, who is more straightforward?

Northern women get protection, then get laid.

Southern women take a pledge not to get laid. Then they break their promise. Then they sue for child support. Then they become spokeswomen for better abstinence based sex ed.

European women are even less complicated. They can read the instructions on the birth control package.
That is TV. What do you see in real life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships