Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 05:46 AM

122 posts, read 338,105 times

Advertisements

Well...

most of the posts on this thread have become offensive. There are different classes of people no matter the region of the country. There are trashy/tacky women all over this country. Period. I'll be excusing myself from this thread.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnprincess View Post
Well...

most of the posts on this thread have become offensive. There are different classes of people no matter the region of the country. There are trashy/tacky women all over this country. Period. I'll be excusing myself from this thread.
Lighten up PRINCESS! We are just having a little fun here! Signed-Tn prince

Old 06-03-2009, 12:14 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times
southern women seem to just be "more", they'll be more supportive, they'll struggle w/ their man more,put up w/ more crap, but also they'll be more combative and more apt to hurt u if they feel they are wronged.

souhterns in general seem to be more extroverted w/ their feelings vs northerners. It's often no secret how someone feels about u. one way or the other. they also seem to be more "me against the world" than a yanks "the world's against me.

when a northerner is wronged it's typically "what did I do, what's wrong w/ me, what could I've done differently" while a southerner is "look what you've done. what's wrong w/ you. you're a dead man"

Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
So far, Southern Women (like myself) can make some hefty desserts!

Got a sweet tooth? Visit the "Dirty South!"

Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
So far, Southern Women (like myself) can make some hefty desserts!

Got a sweet tooth? Visit the "Dirty South!"
If you have a sweet tooth you can go to Wisconsin. Visit Racine,WI and Milwaukee,WI for frozen custard and kringle. It isn't just southern women who can cook.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
If you have a sweet tooth you can go to Wisconsin. Visit Racine,WI and Milwaukee,WI for frozen custard and kringle. It isn't just southern women who can cook.

Uh, did I say only Southern Women can cook? I'm just saying as a jest. Sheesh! Lighten up!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,552 times
Depending on where in the South they're from, southern women are more likely to say things like, "hey honey/sweetie" to people they don't know, while a northern women will just say "hey".

No matter what gender southerners tend to talk on the phone for a long time. For instance, my dad called one of his friends down south the other day to ask a simple question and wound up on the phone with him for over an hour. This is a regular occurrence with all his southern friends, and all of my sister's southern friends.
Northerners, on the other hand, call for a simple question and are off the phone with that person in a matter of minutes.

Also depending on where they're from, some southerners tend to talk really slowly, while some northerners talk so fast it's hard to hear what they're saying (even worse if they have a Brooklyn or Boston accent!).

Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
Depending on where in the South they're from, southern women are more likely to say things like, "hey honey/sweetie" to people they don't know, while a northern women will just say "hey".

No matter what gender southerners tend to talk on the phone for a long time. For instance, my dad called one of his friends down south the other day to ask a simple question and wound up on the phone with him for over an hour. This is a regular occurrence with all his southern friends, and all of my sister's southern friends.
Northerners, on the other hand, call for a simple question and are off the phone with that person in a matter of minutes.

Also depending on where they're from, some southerners tend to talk really slowly, while some northerners talk so fast it's hard to hear what they're saying (even worse if they have a Brooklyn or Boston accent!).
Don't I know it. I live in Georgia and depending on who I run into, sometimes I get that. Also, the phrase "bless your heart" is used more the further away you get from the New South metros such as Atlanta and Charlotte. Normally, it is used as a nice way to insult someone. Sometimes it can be used as a phrase of endearment. I was in the hospital with an injury that put me in alot of pain. Some of the nurses would say "bless your heart" whenever they saw I was in alot of pain. That is the only time anyone has ever used that phrase with me.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM

115 posts, read 283,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?
Discuss
Well in my oppinion growing up in the north and now living in the south 4 a couple of years I think the women in the south know how to take care of a man. cook( fatten you up) iron im not used to that but now that I am spoiled dont know if I could go back to women that dont wanna take care of their man.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Don't I know it. I live in Georgia and depending on who I run into, sometimes I get that. Also, the phrase "bless your heart" is used more the further away you get from the New South metros such as Atlanta and Charlotte. Normally, it is used as a nice way to insult someone. Sometimes it can be used as a phrase of endearment. I was in the hospital with an injury that put me in alot of pain. Some of the nurses would say "bless your heart" whenever they saw I was in alot of pain. That is the only time anyone has ever used that phrase with me.
My dad has a really good friend in Georgia that calls all the time, and no matter who answers the phone when she calls she says, "Hiiiiiii Honey~. How ya' doin'~?" When I talked to her for the first time this is what she said. (And then, even if my dad isn't home, you'll be on the phone with her forever).

I've been called "honey" and "sweetie" by strangers a few times at work and it always sounded a little condescending and weird to me.
When I hear southerners call people honey/sweetie it sounds a lot nicer to me, and not condescending at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships