Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 12:37 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post

That is exactly what I am afraid of, why is she even dating me if there is no attraction? Should I ask her straight out if she is attracted to me?
Would she be dating you at all if she weren't attracted to you? That's why she's there; she's attracted to you. Hello? My guess is that a kiss means more to her than it does to you. If you're not comfortable with a woman taking her time to assess your character and get comfortable with you, this one is not for you. It's not something to get bent out of shape about, and to take personally. Some women just need more time than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 12:47 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Would she be dating you at all if she weren't attracted to you? That's why she's there; she's attracted to you. Hello? My guess is that a kiss means more to her than it does to you. If you're not comfortable with a woman taking her time to assess your character and get comfortable with you, this one is not for you. It's not something to get bent out of shape about, and to take personally. Some women just need more time than others.
I agree, but I also understand the OP's side of things. In his mind, maybe she really likes him as a friend, but nothing more than that, or romantically.

Just because she's going out with the OP, it doesn't mean she's into him. Some women like going out with a guy, but have no romantic intentions with him. It's happened to me.

Generally, I like to go slow, so I wouldn't have a problem waiting more than 2-3 dates for a first kiss. However, I get that everyone's different when it comes to this.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:59 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
I'm a guy and I agree with Ruth
2 dates is hardly enough to stare into someone's eyes... I wonder, do you even know what color her eyes are?

Just be patient with her and try giving her hugs first.
You don't want to bypass what could be a great romantic relationship with your new best friend.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
I'm a guy and I agree with Ruth
2 dates is hardly enough to stare into someone's eyes... I wonder, do you even know what color her eyes are?

Just be patient with her and try giving her hugs first.
You don't want to bypass what could be a great romantic relationship with your new best friend.
I'm with this and Ruth.

There are many ways to show you are romantically interested in her.

Hugs, hand holding, caressing her arm while talking.

I think she sounds wonderful and worth waiting for. That's just me.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:04 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I'm with this and Ruth.

There are many ways to show you are romantically interested in her.

Hugs, hand holding, caressing her arm while talking.

I think she sounds wonderful and worth waiting for. That's just me.
He could also tell her....in words....how he feels. Or is that forbidden?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
I don't know, I took a girl out when I was dating and didn't go in for the kiss on the first date. I still remember the look on her face like, what's your deal?

I never saw her again and I still regret it (a little because I liked her), 30 years later.

I'd give her all the time she needs OP. Like forever! And I'm not a particularly aggressive guy.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
He could also tell her....in words....how he feels. Or is that forbidden?
Who does that?

I mean... Maybe a text but to flat out communicate your feelings?!? Thats absurd!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:22 AM

251 posts, read 188,542 times
I think it's a little unusual for a person not to kiss by the second date but I really like kissing so maybe that's just me. If you really like her why not give it another date or two and see what happens.

Keep in mind, if she wants to take it slow with kissing obviously she's not going to have sex with you anytime soon so if you're not willing to wait awhile for sex it's probably better to end it now or you're going to be very disappointed.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:45 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl7 View Post
I think it's a little unusual for a person not to kiss by the second date but I really like kissing so maybe that's just me.
Seriously, is there anything better than that first kiss? I don't think so!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:53 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
So met this woman online... we have been on 2 dates now but have been chatting/talking extensively over the last 3 or so weeks. I was away for a week on vacation which is why we have only been on 2 dates but both of us are very mutually interested, at least so it seems. However, on the 2nd date I thought the moment was right and I tried to go for the kiss but she stopped me and said she needs more time, she does not kiss anyone without knowing them very well and to "bear with her". I can't recall the last time this happened in my dating life, perhaps once before a very long time ago. I would like to think I am good at reading a woman's signals and I felt it was the right time, this has worked in the past just fine but apparently not this time.

So now I am not sure where to go from here... although I do like her I also want to test physical chemistry a bit. And i'm not quite sure how much more she is going to know me if I kissed her on the 2nd date vs the 4th date etc. so not sure what exactly she means by "needs to know me very well"

Do you think this is just code for no physical attraction? If so, it does not make much sense because she shows a lot of interest in other ways, calling me, texting me and we always have great conversation and a good time on dates. Infact, she is the one that has mentioned traveling together etc. in the future which I felt was moving too fast.

Since my move was rejected I feel really awkward to initiate anything physically after this, not sure how I deal with this. I usually feel the first kiss is important to give a budding relationship the romantic momentum necessary to separate it from something platonic. But others may have a different view.
I think one of the dumbest concepts in dating is the notion that you're supposed to kiss by the third date, be bedding each other by the seventh date, etc. These benchmarks are ginned up by emotionally-stunted people who are less interested in the mysteries of human attraction and more attuned to hitting arbitrary benchmarks, as if they are trying to meet quarterly sales targets.

Here's the deal. If you like the woman, keep dating the woman. Some people take longer. And, for all you know, she might have some other things at play here, such as breaking up with someone in the recent past, taking intimacy seriously, or having a well-disguised cold. In this situation, she did her job: She communicated very clearly how she feels about rushing into physical affection.

Trust is the currency of a relationship. If you are attuned to the woman in question, really clicking with her, she'll let you know when she's ready. Or you can force the issue and blow your chances with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships