Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 12:21 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkskies44 View Post
Of course dear, actions are what's important not words.
I don't get your point.....sweetie.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 12:51 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
OP, just ask him if he needs to put the relationship on hold while he's juggling two jobs. You can focus on school and your job, he can focus on his two jobs. It's clear he doesn't have the time or energy for a relationship right now. He's made money his priority. So ask him if he wants to take a break from the relationship.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:23 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,648,895 times
Is this the same guy from your last thread?

He doesn't want you around all the time. You want him around all the time. Time to find someone you are compatible with.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
Quote:
Well a pregnancy & childbirth might be a total of a 2 year period in the length of a 50 year relationship, if I had 2 pregnancies for example. If it's not satisfying me on a constant, month to month basis at this point so early on that's a bigger problem.
I adore your innocence. Unless you ship em off to grandma's house on a regular basic, count on children being c---blockers until they finally move out.

The fact is, grown up responsibilities can get in the way of getting laid as often as we like. If you are not ready for that reality and arent willing to be a little more understanding with what he has on his plate, you need to find someone else who can keep up with your needs.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:04 AM

14 posts, read 11,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
First, he doesn't work 2 full-time jobs, he works a full-time and a part-time job.

Second, you are being kinda selfish. You could be supportive and understanding or continue only wanting what's in it for you.

If you are ever interested in a healthy long term relationship then you are going to have to grow up a little.
I am Agree with @Mikala43

Old 12-07-2016, 06:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
I'm on here because this is an advice forum and I'm seeking advice on how to potentially fix the problem before offering the ultimatum of breaking up. There are multiple sides to a relationship.
You sound very selfish.

However, you also sound like a nymphomaniac! Which is not a bad thing. There is plenty of money to be made out there if you are looking for a second part time job.

Seriously, this is a FWB relationship. You both are not ready for something serious. I will tell you it appears its that time to break up.

Look on the bright side, you can still remain FWB once a week and fill in the other 4 days with another guy.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:21 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
B

So sometime in September my boyfriend started working a second job, 5 days a week...

When I brought it up today after getting rejected again, he got upset a
nd told me that I have to make it work. He told me it's my job that gets in the way.

I try to be understanding because he's tired a lot but now I'm compromising on my basic needs.
Have you ever read (or remember) "the Gift of the Magi" ??

Old 12-07-2016, 06:25 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
He is getting tired of you, he's got you already so his hormones are resting, he's getting older, all men are like that. What's in the end is never what it was in the beginning.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:16 AM

251 posts, read 188,455 times
It seems like for him he's at a point in your relationship where sex is setting down and isn't a top priority anymore. This is actually pretty normal. Four or five times a week is great if you have the time but he obviously doesn't so you either deal with it or move on. He's really busy it's not like he's just withholding to mean.

Honestly though I would just talk to him to see if he even wants to continue the relationship with you because he might want out or he really just might be tired.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:32 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
What is his longterm goal, does he want to keep working two jobs or is it just temporary?

Does he have a lot of debt that he needs to pay off right now?

He sounds very stressed out and you are adding to his stress with your demands and nagging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships