Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 01:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Many women are single so why do some men waste their time on women who are in relationships already?
Yeah, really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Exactly! There are even women on this forum I am attracted to but them being married stops me from pursuing that. I also no longer will be friends with a woman is in a relationship because the last time I was friends with her, the man was quite hostile so never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A horrible experience. Having a man be hostile towards you is crazy. I've been in the situation you're describing once. One time is scary enough. I tend to avoid married women that I don't know. On the other hand, there must be some reason this hasn't happened more. Growing up I've had more female friends that male friends(this includes the ones in relationships). I'm wondering if the lack of hostility from their boyfriends/fiances/husbands is due to..

1)Understanding the difference between having a friend of the opposite gender and cheating
2)Me being small-statured
3)Being trusting of both me and their significant other
4)The guys being friends with me too
5)Me having an innocent, nerdy disposition
I don't have this happen too much. I've guys in relationships get hostile towards me, but not on account of their gf/wife. Most of the couples I have been involved with showed no hostility towards me. A lot of the times it is because I paid at least as much attention to the man as the woman. I myself am pretty tall, however, I'm not that big.

Quote:
I have a nerdy disposition myself but for the first time since I lost my fiancé I tried to socialize with a woman. While she said she was flattered, she said something that made me end the conversation. She has a boyfriend. Once it's established she is taken I don't try anymore. I believe in bad karma 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Two weeks after your fiancée dies and you're already trying to get back in the saddle? Wow. That's kind of...unbelievable.
Considering the type of grief and devastation that it caused you...but people process grief differently.

...Reread the post. Just socializing. Misread you 49erfan.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanash99 View Post
We do talk about personal things and she is pretty open when we talk about those things and everything else that happens on her life. It's just that when I attempt to bring up her fiancé she shuts the conversation. Women will make themselves available if they are interested. Even if they are married or engaged. I'm know fool, I know when women are interested.
So, if she has a fiance and you know she is interested, then are you looking for just a fling? I doubt you're expecting anything long term with this one. ("I'm know fool" as you put it)

Old 12-10-2016, 05:53 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
I'm know [sic] fool
Yes you are.

Quote:
I know when women are interested.
No you don't.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:31 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,103 times
I'd say Bitey pretty much nailed it.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:43 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I don't have this happen too much. I've guys in relationships get hostile towards me, but not on account of their gf/wife. Most of the couples I have been involved with showed no hostility towards me. A lot of the times it is because I paid at least as much attention to the man as the woman. I myself am pretty tall, however, I'm not that big.

In my case, I'm 5'5" with an athletic built. A bulk of female friends I made, I made them between ages 18-25. I had a smaller build between ages 18-24.

Most of the time, I met the female before I met the male. In some cases, the female was single when I met her, and then she got in a relationship. Most were people I went to school with. My university was 60 percent female. And looking at high school, I was more likely to sit with females (or tables that were a mix of male/females) than with all males. I got less hostility from females over all.

With the guys, my theory is that I was never considered the guy that would make anyone jealous. I figured most guys never had any hostility towards me because I wasn't considered most females' cup of tea. Small, boyish-looking, nerdy. It could have been that I got to know the guy too and became friends with him. I find alot of hostility comes from fear/jealousy. It could have been that alot of guys trusted me.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:54 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,163,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Also, there are plenty of single women running around, so why waste your time?

best thread post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships