Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 04:25 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,735,611 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Yesterday, I went on this date with someone I used to know from work almost two years ago. We'd already been on three dates this past month, but we don't really know each other well.

We both acknowledged we're attracted to one another and we get along really well. Hence, when I went on this date yesterday, I assumed he'd try to kiss me, which did. We went for a night walk and he tried to kiss me. For some bizarre reason, I froze completely and couldn't bring myself to kiss him. I told him I wanted to get to know him better first before going there. I'm really really attracted to him, but I froze yesterday.

He attempted a second time, but again, I became cold as rock. All we did was hug which is quite 'lame'. I don't understand what happened, because I'm very attracted to him and I'm even aroused around him, but when he make physical contact, I froze. I even was on the verge of throwing up, for some strange reason.

Yet, when I'm at home, I fantasize a lot about him. I'm not sure what happened. It's the very first time it's ever happened to me, because I'm usually all over the guys I date. I've got no problem being affectionate.

Understandably so, he took bit a bad although he didn't look like it. I sent him a text afterwards explaining that I wanted to kiss him, but I preferred to take it slow. He didn't reply which I understand completely. I've been dreaming about him for almost two years only to mess it up!

Although I know it could be dead in the water, I'd like to know how I can mend this? I truly like him, I just had a moment of weakness.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 05:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,565,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Hi all,

Yesterday, I went on this date with someone I used to know from work almost two years ago. We'd already been on three dates this past month, but we don't really know each other well.

We both acknowledged we're attracted to one another and we get along really well. Hence, when I went on this date yesterday, I assumed he'd try to kiss me, which did. We went for a night walk and he tried to kiss me. For some bizarre reason, I froze completely and couldn't bring myself to kiss him. I told him I wanted to get to know him better first before going there. I'm really really attracted to him, but I froze yesterday.

He attempted a second time, but again, I became cold as rock. All we did was hug which is quite 'lame'. I don't understand what happened, because I'm very attracted to him and I'm even aroused around him, but when he make physical contact, I froze. I even was on the verge of throwing up, for some strange reason.

Yet, when I'm at home, I fantasize a lot about him. I'm not sure what happened. It's the very first time it's ever happened to me, because I'm usually all over the guys I date. I've got no problem being affectionate.

Understandably so, he took bit a bad although he didn't look like it. I sent him a text afterwards explaining that I wanted to kiss him, but I preferred to take it slow. He didn't reply which I understand completely. I've been dreaming about him for almost two years only to mess it up!

Although I know it could be dead in the water, I'd like to know how I can mend this? I truly like him, I just had a moment of weakness.

Thanks.
He may be wondering how slow you want to take it if you don't feel comfortable kissing him after four dates. Even you said yourself that you're usually all over guys you date so why are you telling him that you want to take it slow and get to know him better and not that you just froze inexplicably?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:03 AM

Because, I do want to take it slow indeed, establish some sort of friendship before diving in. This I won't tell him like that, because he's going to think he's getting friendzoned.

As for telling him I froze, I can't. Because he will really think I'm strange. It's too personal of a thing to tell someone you just started seeing. It was a physical reaction, so he won't understand and he's going to think I'm not attracted to him. It's going to drive him further away because he's going to think something is wrong with me.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:15 AM

23,159 posts, read 26,116,327 times
You could try really boosting his ego and telling him your reaction to him was so strong when he went to kiss you that you got nervous and had to back off. LOL
It could also be that taking it slow isn't at all what he has in mind and he won't get back to you at all.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:18 AM

69 posts, read 83,322 times
Sorry, how old are you? When I was 18 I had a similar story, but only because I was young and shy, and a virgin, too. The guy also disappeared. But since you've really been in relationships before then your reaction is not quite understandable... Maybe you fancy you're attracted to him but in fact you're not? Anyway try to talk to him about it openly, if he's really into you, he'll understand. if not... he's not your type.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 AM

Well, if sex was the only thing on his mind, then I know I won't hear from him.

If he truly likes me (because he chased me a lot at work, back then and managed to reconnect when we wound up in the same city again), he might understand.

Either way, most guys I dated, I kissed on the first or second date and they expected sex right away. Needless to say, it didn't work out and they disappeared.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:23 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,111,146 times
It takes a bit of courage for a guy to make moves. Sorry to hear you froze up.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
It takes a bit of courage for a guy to make moves. Sorry to hear you froze up.
I know! I feel so bad. The worst part is I wanted to kiss him which is what I told him in my text afterwards. I had been waiting for this moment for a while, but then this happened.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:29 AM

6,325 posts, read 4,833,769 times
If it was me and someone didn't want to kiss me on the 4th date I would take it as a rejection and move on. I would also take it that they weren't into me, which is fine, and move on. When I dated my wife we didn't hold hands for 6 dates only because she came from a different culture and I wasn't sure of the customs. I really liked her and took it uber slowly and it worked out. If things were supposed to work out with this guy they would have, you wouldn't have "frozen' and got nauseated. There is obviously a major issue there which you picked up on and acted accordingly. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:30 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,657,080 times
Have you had sex before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships