Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 10:29 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Let me be clear:

Feminism is about having the same opportunities and rights as men. From there, men and women are free to set-up their "couple-ness" however they want.

Do you know how offensive it sounds for someone to say "You women need to get your heads on straight and think about the repercussions of your feminist actions."

Yeah, "you people" is always offensive (insert gays, blacks, etc.).

YOU are the one with a messed up relationship, not sure how you want to project that onto "women who need to get their heads on straight....?"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2017, 03:19 PM

209 posts, read 168,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Let me be clear:

Feminism is about having the same opportunities and rights as men. From there, men and women are free to set-up their "couple-ness" however they want.

Do you know how offensive it sounds for someone to say "You women need to get your heads on straight and think about the repercussions of your feminist actions."

Yeah, "you people" is always offensive (insert gays, blacks, etc.).

YOU are the one with a messed up relationship, not sure how you want to project that onto "women who need to get their heads on straight....?"
Again, have your equality.
Don't go screwing up the roles at home. Then biTech there are no good men. There are none because we are tired of you.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTankah View Post
Don't go screwing up the roles at home. Then biTech there are no good men. There are none because we are tired of you.
Nah.

Sorry.

Met too many sexy guys who don't feel threatened by the women stepping into different roles everywhere.
Good men don't take loss of privilege to mean they're being oppressed.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:27 PM

51 posts, read 40,573 times
You say you are resentful he isn't as ambitious as you but yet then his accomplishments follow along with his ambitions. So he is ambitious despite you trying to believe otherwise. He is VERY ambitious.

He's been in the military, he is a student going into law enforcement. All I see is a sweet guy who is underappreciated for all he does for you. They are hard to find, please be appreciative of how blessed you are.

I would discourage him from going into law enforcement just because it hardens you. Maybe he can own a Security Company after being a security guard a few years and learn the ropes. Maybe bicycle security so he can stay in shape, something unique versus the other security companies.

He is relaxing on his time off and his needs are being met with the GI bill which is tax free. Your needs are being met by you. Just curious but why are you in competition with him? why not just count your blessings that he was given to you, at least for this time? he sounds like a gem. If you keep thinking of him in this derogitory fashion despite evidence he is ambitous, then maybe he needs to be with someone else. It might be best for him. Then you can find a guy who chooses to have goals for even his time off, instead of enjoying their time off.

Sounds like you are not well grounded at all. Really don't know how to appreciate honest, kind traits in others. Maybe consider letting him go so he can find someone with similar values who is a little more stable and less neurotic

Old 06-25-2017, 03:31 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Tankah, you got screwed, and we get it, OK?

But you can't blame all "you women" for your woman cheating on you.

Unfortunately you think equilibrium has restored because she's playing house the way you like. The truth is that I have been in your wife's shoes and I have been in your shoes, and right now she's on her best behavior because she owes you. It's motivated by guilt.

It probably won't last unless you two are doing some serious professional work on the problems that led her to stray in the first place.

And I know you're not doing that because of that screed you typed. You may like the roles to work that way in your house (I do too) but that doesn't work for everyone, and your problem has nothing to do with feminism.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:

Equality is a right, not a gift.

The roles at home are what my husband and I decide. He's happy, I'm happy.... not gonna care much about someone barking on the internet.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Equality is a right, not a gift.

The roles at home are what my husband and I decide. He's happy, I'm happy.... not gonna care much about someone barking on the internet.
Ok then, you have your opinion. Many men like myself in my position will have mine.
Like I said. I have no intentions of breeding kids. I don't need a woman and her feminist bull.
Many men are finding that out as well.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Tankah, you got screwed, and we get it, OK?

But you can't blame all "you women" for your woman cheating on you.

Unfortunately you think equilibrium has restored because she's playing house the way you like. The truth is that I have been in your wife's shoes and I have been in your shoes, and right now she's on her best behavior because she owes you. It's motivated by guilt.

It probably won't last unless you two are doing some serious professional work on the problems that led her to stray in the first place.

And I know you're not doing that because of that screed you typed. You may like the roles to work that way in your house (I do too) but that doesn't work for everyone, and your problem has nothing to do with feminism.
You'd be correct.
If and when we cross that road again, my saving will be replenished due to not loosing my money on the house I was a week from closing on.
She takes a walk again, I just simply write her out of my life quietly.
She's begging me to stay, not the other way around. Guess the boy she had the long term affair with cannot hold my jock strap.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:53 PM

He held something else.

BUT, I hope you guys work out and everyone is happy.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:00 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Women have depended on men for ages. Don't like fair turnabout huh?
My girl cheated on me. I'm the breadwinner. I've spent thousands on her and her siblings because I enjoyed doing those things for them because I could.
She couldn't pay the $400 for 2 tix to Rent. The $200 for dinner for her brother and girlfriend who graduated school this year not including the tip.
She's working on her education and I was hell bent on making sure she finished. So I allowed her to work p/t to focus on her studies. What did it get me? A young coworker who moved in while I was being "the man" that you hypocrite feminists whine about.
If you were really spending all that money and all those things because you enjoyed it, then you wouldn't be keeping score and asking what it got you. It got you the pleasure of doing something generous.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 06-26-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships