Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 03:45 PM

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
15 posts, read 8,151 times

Advertisements

Taking pictures of yourself or others at the gym is just effing weird. I've never seen anyone actually doing it out in the wild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 03:55 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thallest View Post
Taking pictures of yourself or others at the gym is just effing weird. I've never seen anyone actually doing it out in the wild.
I don't think it's weird if it's the person's hobby, and especially if s/he wants someone who is into the same thing.

It's not my cup of tea for a partner, but it IS his/hers, so they should be able to find each other.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:22 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:

Can't say I have either, but generally its banned at the gyms, exercise places I go to.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:25 PM

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think it's weird if it's the person's hobby, and especially if s/he wants someone who is into the same thing.

It's not my cup of tea for a partner, but it IS his/hers, so they should be able to find each other.
Like in a fitness or bodybuilding competition, sure... but just jerking around on chest presses or on the elliptical and you've got your homeboy/girl shooting pics of you = douchey AF.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Like in a fitness or bodybuilding competition, sure... but just jerking around on chest presses or on the elliptical and you've got your homeboy/girl shooting pics of you = douchey AF.
All right, so how many pictures like this are out there in OLD Land, anyway?

Is this really a significant problem?

Because various people here are saying their gyms don't allow pictures to be taken, so...

Is this imminent, and an issue anyone will struggle with in some prohibitive way during the OLD experience?

Old 12-12-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Is this really a significant problem?

Because various people here are saying their gyms don't allow pictures to be taken, so...

Is this imminent, and an issue anyone will struggle with in some prohibitive way during the OLD experience?

I think this is the female version of the guy with fish photo thing. It's pretty widespread, but has become "thing'. If I'm doing something like tinder or bumble I'll see a woman doing crossfit or yoga probably every 8-10 profiles.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
More than I care for... but then I see fitness as personal maintenance and don't give a fack about it otherwise... I don't take pictures of oatmeal and fruit to demonstrate my heathy eating either.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the whole "pictures as a life story" thing is just stupid to me. Put up pictures that show an accurate representation of YOU on a daily basis. You can tell me you like golfing and own a doberman in your text. I don't need to see you in the goofy visor hat on the course or cuddling the dog on the couch.

No one gives a crap, really. People always tell me to put up pictures of me playing guitar (as I'm a musician) and no woman's ever said chit about it.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:36 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,046,296 times
If you yourself do not value a pic of a woman doing Crossfit/flipping tires, then click on next profile.

If you think certain behaviors are "too masculine" and you are attracted to some more traditional pastimes like collecting pics of bridal gowns, dessert receipes and cute cat memes on Pinterest, find those women for you!

Most the crossfit pics I see are more in line with 'work in progress'. I found one I liked last week (progress obtained), she visited my profile, then 'hid' me a day later. C'est la vie.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
If you yourself do not value a pic of a woman doing Crossfit/flipping tires, then click on next profile.

Can't get any simpler, folks.

Click past that every eighth to tenth profile that's splattered with pics taken inside a gym. Swipe! Et voila.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Can't get any simpler, folks.

Click past that every eighth to tenth profile that's splattered with pics taken inside a gym. Swipe! Et voila.
That's what I do, along with the ones playing golf, sports cars, etc. No problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships