U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 PM

946 posts, read 1,399,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I think a couple of hot dogs in stale buns would be more appropriate.
I think a fresh, ripened piece of fruit would be delightful, tasty, and appropriate as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM

946 posts, read 1,399,267 times
Smile Our Wonderful Perspectives!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I didnt mean to offend but I find this to be true. If someone is celibate NOT BY CHOICE it means that they dont want to be celibate, they want to have sex, but for whatever reason, they dont have partner to do the deed with. Usually, those who fall into this category are those who ARE unattractive, older, sick, not physically able to, or have some other type of condition that prevents them from being attractive to those of the opposite sex or gives them difficulty in finding a "partner". I didnt imply that ONLY the "pretty, healthy and attractive" get to do it, but I did imply that it is much more difficult for someone who is not considered attractive (male or female) to find someone who would be attracted enough to them physically to want to do the deed. This is a fact and I stick by my original post on this.
My perspectives speaks to men and women who will have relationships with unattractive people. I see many women and men who are not attractive to me, yet they are with a husband or wife.

Not physically able to have an intimate relationship? They could if they meet the opposite sex who also has some physical complications or there could be those who want to please a woman or man with physical complications. May be a challenge, but for some it may be a lifetime pursuit!! It also may be good for someone's ego as well.

Older-??? According to the latest research-this generation is about equal to the young folks. The old people are truly knocking boots. I have a cohort right now working on a study about AIDS with the old people. Believe me, they are having sex, but not thinking about catching a disease.

Like my male friend told me who is married to an unattractive woman with a beautiful spirit-she is a good mother, wife, and that is why I love her. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What is unattractive to your eye, may be attractive to me. Many times unattractive people attract unattractive people. I have known both physically unattractive males and females in my lifetime that were with physically gorgeous people. The inner beings of the people must have been dominant, and is this not what truly is the most important about a person? Once we get past the surface, the inner being is what we truly aspire to know. If the inner being of a person is wicked, ugly, and evil-then the whole package is ruined!

This is my perspective DaBeez. Is it not wonderful to hear about everyone's perspective regarding this subject matter? This is how we learn and become better informed about people in the world around us!!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 PM

2,243 posts, read 3,784,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I can't speak for everyone and don't imply that I know this is how you or anyone else is but SOME people out there are not happy unless they have someone. One relationship breaks up and they jump into another one back to back. Some people aren't happy unless they have someone.
I believe you have to be happy with yourself before you can be truly happy with someone else.
I agree there are alot of people out there who feel like they always have to be in a relationship. I've never been that way.
I agree you have to be happy with yourself before anyone else can make you happy.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:21 AM

1,318 posts, read 4,083,515 times
Ok - my favorite subject so I'll throw in my 2 cents...
Ideally, I'd like to have sex about 3 times a day. So going a day without is annoying but tolerable.
Once a week is my absolute minimum to stay sane.
The longest I've gone in the past maybe 15 years is a few months and I went into total psycho erotica mode!
I wrote stories & poems about sex. Everyone became someone I would "do"...
I mean, think about it. Human beings are sexual creatures!
To the poster who seemed to imply that lack of sex would not make one unhappy I ask you this:
Would lack of food be ok with you?
How about sleep?
Humans NEED food, water, sleep, oxygen, elimination, hygiene, &
SEX!!!
It's part of the basics.
To deny yourself is fine.
I mean, some people are masochists.
I just don't get it.
But different strokes for different folks.
And I sure do love to be stroked!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:08 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,442,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Ok - my favorite subject so I'll throw in my 2 cents...
Ideally, I'd like to have sex about 3 times a day. So going a day without is annoying but tolerable.
Once a week is my absolute minimum to stay sane.
The longest I've gone in the past maybe 15 years is a few months and I went into total psycho erotica mode!
I wrote stories & poems about sex. Everyone became someone I would "do"...
I mean, think about it. Human beings are sexual creatures!
To the poster who seemed to imply that lack of sex would not make one unhappy I ask you this:
Would lack of food be ok with you?
How about sleep?
Humans NEED food, water, sleep, oxygen, elimination, hygiene, &
SEX!!!
It's part of the basics.
To deny yourself is fine.
I mean, some people are masochists.
I just don't get it.
But different strokes for different folks.
And I sure do love to be stroked!!!
Maybe you should have a look at Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

Theories of Personality in Forensic Psychology (http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~mlyount/MySites/ForensicPsychology/Theories.html - broken link)

Sex isn't comparable to food unless of course you call into the category of sexually obsessed. Personally I couldn't become involved with someone who treats sex in that casual manner.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:27 PM

52 posts, read 138,579 times
I get the impression that some women here are frigid or unattractive (physically and or personality) and that is the true reason why they are celibate. Work on yourselves a bit and things can be better for ya!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:46 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,675,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I agree there are alot of people out there who feel like they always have to be in a relationship. I've never been that way.
I agree you have to be happy with yourself before anyone else can make you happy.
More power to the celibate people!! Here's the thing: Sex is sex. I think some people mix sex with relationship. Mainly woman. We associate sex with long term relationship and marriage. Instead of, taking it one step at a time.

A man can meet a woman and have sex. He's not worried about a thing. We as women can do the same. Some women are doing it more than you believe. Also, some man hate when you treat them the same. If you only call for sex. Most men will indeed "catch feelings". Why won't she take me out. It's a game and a furious cycle.

I met a nice guy in July. In talking and emailing, I knew we were going to have sex. I put a plan in motion. By Oct we were visiting each other. I go over talk or watch a movie and spend the night. I'm out between 6-7a. I don't have any ties to him. To my knowledge he's seeing others and so am I. We enjoy each others company.

As I said, more power to the celibate. We all can do it, if we wanted. Or, circumstances call for it.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:48 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,442,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHeat View Post
I get the impression that some women here are frigid or unattractive (physically and or personality) and that is the true reason why they are celibate. Work on yourselves a bit and things can be better for ya!
Your words seem to imply that you are insecure.
Its sad that anyone could believe what you say.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 PM

1,318 posts, read 4,083,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
More power to the celibate people!! Here's the thing: Sex is sex. I think some people mix sex with relationship. Mainly woman. We associate sex with long term relationship and marriage. Instead of, taking it one step at a time.

A man can meet a woman and have sex. He's not worried about a thing. We as women can do the same. Some women are doing it more than you believe. Also, some man hate when you treat them the same. If you only call for sex. Most men will indeed "catch feelings". Why won't she take me out. It's a game and a furious cycle.

I met a nice guy in July. In talking and emailing, I knew we were going to have sex. I put a plan in motion. By Oct we were visiting each other. I go over talk or watch a movie and spend the night. I'm out between 6-7a. I don't have any ties to him. To my knowledge he's seeing others and so am I. We enjoy each others company.

As I said, more power to the celibate. We all can do it, if we wanted. Or, circumstances call for it.
HUH????
Celibate means not having sex!
You just said you have sex & with more than one person.
This is fine.
But it's not celibate!
Whaaaa????!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:58 AM

5,072 posts, read 3,017,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
My perspectives speaks to men and women who will have relationships with unattractive people. I see many women and men who are not attractive to me, yet they are with a husband or wife.

Not physically able to have an intimate relationship? They could if they meet the opposite sex who also has some physical complications or there could be those who want to please a woman or man with physical complications. May be a challenge, but for some it may be a lifetime pursuit!! It also may be good for someone's ego as well.

Older-??? According to the latest research-this generation is about equal to the young folks. The old people are truly knocking boots. I have a cohort right now working on a study about AIDS with the old people. Believe me, they are having sex, but not thinking about catching a disease.

Like my male friend told me who is married to an unattractive woman with a beautiful spirit-she is a good mother, wife, and that is why I love her. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What is unattractive to your eye, may be attractive to me. Many times unattractive people attract unattractive people. I have known both physically unattractive males and females in my lifetime that were with physically gorgeous people. The inner beings of the people must have been dominant, and is this not what truly is the most important about a person? Once we get past the surface, the inner being is what we truly aspire to know. If the inner being of a person is wicked, ugly, and evil-then the whole package is ruined!

This is my perspective DaBeez. Is it not wonderful to hear about everyone's perspective regarding this subject matter? This is how we learn and become better informed about people in the world around us!!
This just struck a chord with me, I have to say: beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. I have never looked out for the hot guy when dating, and most of my girlfriends are the same. We look for the guy who makes us laugh, who makes us happy, who makes our our heads spin because he is so flippin' fantastic that we can't even think about being with anyone else but him.

That's attractiveness, to me, and to many of my friends.

I just wonder, are you basing attractiveness on physical attributes, or what's truly important?

Because the importance of looks, or (I have to add here, because some people think this means a lot to women, but I kinda think it's an urban myth) money is a whole lot less important than truth of character, and simple "chemistry."

Just my .02.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships