Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:13 PM

69 posts, read 55,915 times

Advertisements

hello.. you guys have helped me before.. i tend to get caught up in wording and just need some options outside of myself...

my boyfriend and i each have 2 kids.. our kids were hanging out together, we were all together at my house this Sunday..

this married woman (a mom in the neighborhood) texted him and asked him if the girls (8 year old girls) could get together that day.. his response was " we cant now, we are at a friends".

he told me she texted and showed me the text (i didnt ask to see it) when i asked him why she is texting on a Sunday? (i get a little jealous/posessive, please dont give me a hard time about that right now) and i got all upset that he said "a friends"

when i said why are you calling me a friend?? he said that since it was the kids that were invited, he was just saying from the kids percpective "a friends"... instead of saying to a practly stranger, im at my GFs and the kids are playing with her kids etc..... and didnt mean Me as a friend.

he later said he realized how that sounds and wanted to correct it, since that didnt even cross his mind... so he sent another text saying he was at his GFs for the day and didnt think it would work out that day.. and then showed me.. he said he understood and wanted to make it right and that he didnt want to give her or me the wrong impression.

i cant see him going after a married woman or cheating but it seemed like it would be a way to just keep an option open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 12:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabell View Post
? he said that since it was the kids that were invited, he was just saying from the kids percpective "a friends"... instead of saying to a practly stranger, im at my GFs and the kids are playing with her kids etc..... and didnt mean Me as a friend.
Seems perfectly reasonable.

Poor guy.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:15 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
You got upset over nothing.

Sorry.

You're trying to find a problem where there is none.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:18 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Poor guy.. Made him feel guilty for no reason

69 posts, read 55,915 times
ok .. i do that a lot.. i dont know why i dont see things the same as other people.. thats why i ask for help.
thanks

5,741 posts, read 4,697,306 times
I feel sorry for your bf.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:03 PM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
holy drama. I don't know why your boyfriend is with you to be honest. You really should work on your jealousy and possessiveness, eventually he will get tired of dealing with it. The fact he even felt the need show you texts because of the way you act, is terrible. I have never once in over 10 years of marriage felt the need to show my husband a text, or ask about a text. He hasn't done anything wrong, and he has a right to talk to whoever he wants to.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
ok .. i do that a lot.. i dont know why i dont see things the same as other people.. thats why i ask for help.
thanks
You took it personally and made it about you when it wasn't about you at all.

Look up some articles on insecurity and jealousy to help you get over this because it will mess up your relationships.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
Quote:
thanks
Um...you should ask for help BEFORE you do something irrational; not after.

You don't want to talk about your jealousy or possessiveness, but this is 100& about this.

Some therapy might be in order.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:36 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
holy drama. I don't know why your boyfriend is with you to be honest. You really should work on your jealousy and possessiveness, eventually he will get tired of dealing with it. The fact he even felt the need show you texts because of the way you act, is terrible. I have never once in over 10 years of marriage felt the need to show my husband a text, or ask about a text. He hasn't done anything wrong, and he has a right to talk to whoever he wants to.
+1.

Insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships