U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 AM

29,468 posts, read 17,691,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappinator View Post
Ok, I didn't "read the book" before marrying a man 11 years older than myself.
He's 66, I'm 55. We've been best friends since l990 and married in l996. Our respective children grown and gone. Now it's me, him, and the cat. Life is good, he is retired, I work part time. We've been laughing and having fun together for a good long time.....

NOW, he is just getting grumpier and grumpier...and sometimes downright verbally abusive and controlling. My sister says her husband is doing the same thing. (He's the same age) I'm beginning to wonder if I should start packing my things, or is this just an "old man" thing? Jeez this is annoying at this menopausal time in my life!
1. Physical ailments...medical issues can creep up on you and constant pain (arthritis etc.) can make anyone grumpy and irritable.
2. Stress - Any major stress going on? Finances, family etc?
3. Sex?
4. Life transition
5. Boredom

Any combination of the above...and the thing is that this can happen at ANY age it just gets more common as the body ages and you go through major lifestyle changes like retirement etc.

I went through a MAJOR transition through my mid-30's and those were some hard times. I've spent over the past year recovering and still have my down moments.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 AM

2,699 posts, read 4,066,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
They start watching TV in their underwear.
I do that now at 21. Does that mean that I can look forward to watching tv totally naked?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 AM

1,159 posts, read 2,305,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I am thinking in the male perspective.. it is hard for a man to retire.. when he has been the breadwinner all of his life. The egotistical side of the male is affected in that they have worked for so long and are now not accomplishing anything. This could be one of those things here. Going from working all of your life to doing just about nothing.. can get to a man in a heart beat.

Get him out in the street more to do stuff. Does he do anything for activities to keep him occupied? If not.. I can almost guarantee this is his problem. He was a chief and now has no indians to order around.. guess who is left? Squaw.. and she gets all of the orders...
There may be guys like that. Me, and I'm in my 50's, I look forward to retirement so that I can spend more time on my hobbies and do more traveling. Hell, I need three lifetimes just to start coming close to doing everything I would like to before the Grim Reaper comes knocking. I don't understand guys who retire and all they do is sit in front of the tv until the ol' ticker gives out. That's not living, it's a waiting room in purgatory.

And that's the thing: I'm not afraid of my own mortality; I'm frustrated by it because life is just too good and there is so much to do and see in this world.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,268 times
You need to understand that you are not the problem.Stake your claim!!! Decide what you want! Say it, tell your truth to your partner. Say your truth and do not cave in. You deserve what it is you want. You have been with this partner for years and you need to assert yourself! Now go and do it.....

Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 AM

12,673 posts, read 12,847,791 times
Hugh Hefner is 84 and just got married.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 AM

9,442 posts, read 5,020,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
What happens to men at 60, 65?

You don't wanna know, trust me.
Amen!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 421 times
I too am married to a man 11 years my age. He is exactly as you described your husband, sadly my husband is 61, I'm 50. How is sex these days? over her nothing has happened since May and that's once during a 7 day trip to Jamaica! He use to be all over me, now he can't get an erection and when he does it's like it's not erected so he's ashamed of himself that he can't please me. He's always had a problem here, however with age it's much worse, drugs don't even work for him anymore! Due to this I'm sadden to say that I don't feel the sexual desire for him. I don't know where his penis is, it shrunk so bad I don't know how he can find it to pee...This isn't a joke! The mood swings are getting to me and the complaining about everything under the sun is even worse. Don't know what to do, we've been together 15 great years', but I feel unhappy about myself and my world.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:56 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,044,300 times
I will be able to touch my toes with my balls.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM

12,299 posts, read 6,703,838 times
I would not be able to handle being with crankyprik of any age.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:04 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,044,300 times
It a good age to develop a drug habit IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships