Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 01:15 PM

888 posts, read 553,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evol7 View Post
She is 26, I am 35.. and yes, I know how lonely and angry people are on relationship boards.

I am not lonely, or angry. But why is this a good relationship? I see the attraction though, she is almost 10 years younger than you and probably hot to look at and you liked that so looked past everything else, on top of being afraid to be alone. What I will never ever understand, is why women with no job and no ambitions are attractive to men. And how these women think a guy will just come along and support them. I don't get it, at all. Regardless, you should date someone at least 2 years before moving in when kids are involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 01:16 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
I am not lonely, or angry. But why is this a good relationship? I see the attraction though, she is almost 10 years younger than you and probably hot to look at and you liked that so looked past everything else, on top of being afraid to be alone. What I will never ever understand, is why women with no job and no ambitions are attractive to men. And how these women think a guy will just come along and support them.
Because experience has shown them that men WILL support them for their hot bootie.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:18 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
What I will never ever understand, is why women with no job and no ambitions are attractive to men.
Especially when the guy who doesn't want to be alone suddenly finds himself with 2 toddlers 24/7--and 4 on the weekends! When does he find time to ****?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Because experience has shown them that men WILL support them for their hot bootie.
Evidentify not always, since she was divorced and living with her dad.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Who needs to think past today?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:23 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
No ex-husband. Only deadbeat baby-daddies.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:39 PM

602 posts, read 394,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Who needs to think past today?
what's "thinking"?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:41 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,860,003 times
I am alittle confused by all this ire- plenty of SAHM in the world, that I see (and I was the breadwinner for many years). It is not unusual.

Those kids are pretty young for mom to get back to work- unless the OP wants to watch the kids on weekends-- unless she has a skill, the posters are right - she will barely be able to cover the cost of daycare for two kids (and depending on the area, even that) so you have to weigh it out whether its worth it.

A lot of judgment here on OP supporting a SAHM when its still the norm in plenty of families.
The main concern is the timeline, 3 months is pretty fast...

It would be better for the woman, if she could have a means of supporting herself- it would free her considerabley in that she could be more independent.
But its not a choice she chose to make as before she was living with her dad...

So, OP its up to you, whether its worth it, good luck on your talk-

but just be aware she not going to make much money and it would make better sense, if its really about finances, that she work on weekends when you are home so that her money goes to household expenses, and not just childcare (unless- heres a thought grandpa is willing to provide that for when she does work-- thats what my partner's parent provides for his sibling)....

Old 12-29-2016, 01:44 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No ex-husband. Only deadbeat baby-daddies.
The point still stands.

Being "a cute Lil redhead" has not quite worked out for her in the long term.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:57 PM

888 posts, read 553,691 times
[quote=CAjerseychick;46654155]I am alittle confused by all this ire- plenty of SAHM in the world, that I see (and I was the breadwinner for many years). It is not unusual.

Those kids are pretty young for mom to get back to work- unless the OP wants to watch the kids on weekends-- unless she has a skill, the posters are right - she will barely be able to cover the cost of daycare for two kids (and depending on the area, even that) so you have to weigh it out whether its worth it.

A lot of judgment here on OP supporting a SAHM when its still the norm in plenty of families.
quote]

ok, but what if she had never met this guy? she shouldn't go back to work, learn how to support herself? There is zero judgement about being a SAHM. There is judgement about women who choose never to work, and just go from man to man expecting to be supported. I would guess this girl never worked even before kids. Being a SAHM in a stable marriage is far different than finding a guy and moving your two kids in and expecting to be supported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships