Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 08:55 PM

291 posts, read 505,762 times

Advertisements

Matched with a guy on Tinder, however, he was only vacationing so he's now back home and over a thousand miles away. We texted, spoke on the phone, etc for a few days and really hit it off. He's asking me to wait for him to be in town again before going on any other dates (in 2-3 months). If he was here, I'd go out with him without a second thought. I just don't see how this would work out at all? Cus if it does become something more, we'd face the problem of being long distance. Should I let this one go before catching feelings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 09:02 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
Lol, hell no, dont wait! What if y'all meet and its not good, you may have passed up several good guys while waiting for this "maybe". Its not your fault hes not available.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:03 PM

708 posts, read 577,059 times
Ridiculous! Kinda weird if you ask me!

Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
I mean I understand he doesnt want you to get taken by someone else before he gets a chance, but thats selfish for him to expect you to wait.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
Matched with a guy on Tinder, however, he was only vacationing so he's now back home and over a thousand miles away. We texted, spoke on the phone, etc for a few days and really hit it off. He's asking me to wait for him to be in town again before going on any other dates (in 2-3 months). If he was here, I'd go out with him without a second thought. I just don't see how this would work out at all? Cus if it does become something more, we'd face the problem of being long distance. Should I let this one go before catching feelings?
Is he also not going to date anyone else until he sees you again?

Old 12-31-2016, 09:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Depends.

Are you the type that likes to focus on one person at a time or do you have better luck at multi dating

If you want to wait....wait. If not....continue doing what you do.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:12 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
What exactly does the "etc." mean? Did you ever meet in person? Go out on an actual date? Just meet to have sex? (with a total stranger, ugh, but that's just me) Hard to know exactly what you're looking for without knowing what the "etc" actually MEANS.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:18 PM

291 posts, read 505,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
What exactly does the "etc." mean? Did you ever meet in person? Go out on an actual date? Just meet to have sex? (with a total stranger, ugh, but that's just me) Hard to know exactly what you're looking for without knowing what the "etc" actually MEANS.

We skyped. Never met in person. Basically we hit it off without physically seeing each other, which makes a huge difference I'm sure.

@Sweet, he said he would but who knows lol

Old 12-31-2016, 09:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
I'd tell him to sod off if he asked that of me.

I'm ABSOLUTELY certain with Sofia vergara, Megan fox and even the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders I'd " really hit it off " with..... But even they would still get the same answer! LMAO

Seriously though my love what's the point if he's over a thousand miles away? Plus Hand McLovin is right you'll miss out on possibly meeting some right good blokes.

And yes I completely believe him that he would wait for that long as well for a stranger ( Think of it that way )

Old 12-31-2016, 09:24 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
no do not wait, date who you want. if it's meant to be you will still be unattached when he does come around. you owe him nothing, what sort of man would ask you to "wait" after such a short time? is he going to wait too? did he declare him self to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships