Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SHOULD I TALK TO THIS WOMEN ABOUT WHAT SHE SAID?
YES 5 27.78%
NO 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 04:39 AM

159 posts, read 806,457 times

Advertisements

TWO DAYS AGO at work.. i'm in the kitchen and i lift up my hair (and yes i have a zit on my neck) all of the sudden a co-worker of mine yells out
"what is that on your neck?"

I' m like "what are you talking about?"

She walks over to me lifts up my hair and says loudly "IT LOOKS LIKE BUG BITES"

I walk away and she yells to me "MAYBE ITS ACNE"

WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHOULD I TELL HER HOW DISRESPECTFUL THAT WAS FOR HER TO SAY?

Last edited by willowtree22; 02-29-2008 at 05:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 06:33 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Too late now IMO. Chances are she won't even remember what she said. Things like this you need to nip when they happen so the person gets a feel for the type of situation in which they do things...

Not sure that made sense. Analogy.

Ya gotta swat a dog pooping on the floor while he's doing it so he understands fully what you're upset about.

Clear as mud now???

Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 AM

64 posts, read 255,099 times
I see why you'd be irritated, but I think it's best to just get over it. I mean, unnecessary as it was for her to yell it out, it is acne, right?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
The time has passed. Wait for another instance, and discuss it then.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
No offense, I understand it hurt your feelings and annoyed you, but I think you should just ignore her comment

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,370,655 times
If you really think it will make you feel better, and help your relationship with this woman, then talk to her. NICELY. Don't start a big thing with her. You are going to have to work with her every day. Just let her know, in a nice way, that what she said hurt your feelings or embarassed you. If people were in the room and heard this, she looks rude. If you turn it into a big deal, you are going to look like the hyper-sensitive one! People will be afraid to talk to you in fear of you blowing things out of proportion.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
You are right to feel he way you do not to mentioned the embarrassment that woman caused. How incredibily insensitive and uncouth - no class.

The opportunity has passed and given the type of person she is, she will have totally forgotten what she said. Let it go for now.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 PM

68 posts, read 261,044 times
She ALREADY KNOWS how disrespectful her comment was......she probably prides herself at being what she deems to be "bold"....but, the moment passed! The time to have DONE something was then...you will get your chance though, I'm sure of it!! Her mouth will get her in trouble; if not with you, surely someone else!

Old 02-29-2008, 02:03 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Too late to say anything now. The woman is a tactless buffoon. Just ignore the comments and don't lend any credence to them.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Hang on. This happened two days ago, you've stewed about it this long, and then took the time to ask a bunch of us ninnies on the web what we think?

Well, okay.

1) You're way too thin-skinned.

2) You know, probably the most overrated thing in the world (except natural childbirth, according to my beloved wife) is "talking it over." If you're seething with resentment over a stupid, tactless remark like that and then go to her, you might as well wear a sign around your neck that says, "Emotionally fragile with not enough to worry about." That being said, "Talking It Over" should be reserved for really important stuff, like dealing with outright harrassment or telling your lover that the divorce won't be going through after all.

3) The way to deal with halfwits like the one you mention is with both immediacy and restraint. Just look her in the eye for about two seconds, arch an eyebrow, and simply ask incredulously, "Do you mind?" Then leave the room as if you'd just dealt with a minor annoyance.

4) Repeat if necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships